I am not sure what to do with this point but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    So I am talking to someone who is anti-gun and he happens to say that 9mm handguns are not used in wars and they all carry the assault weapon... He also thinks that just because the guys who wrote the Constitution are dead that it can be changed.. When I brought up "Shall Not Be Infringed" and asked what it meant he changed the subject...how do you convince someone who thinks like this???

It should go something like this

ad563cd81296.png
    DK Firearms

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The best thing to do is make him a "Useful idiot" by debating him in front of several others. He will never be convinced of his own stupidity but you can use him as an example of how stupid anti-gun arguments are in front of people who can be reasoned with.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i was on active duty when the Army switched from the 1911 to the Beretta 9mm - and the reasoning was that 9mm was a "nato round".....many MOS's in the Army (and I would suspect the other branches) have pistols issued to them during combat. Pilots, tankers.....the list goes on and on

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I don't try to convince them of the error of their ways. I'm a retired teacher and had to correct misconceptions because it was my job. Now, I let them wallow in their ignorance.

As supporters of our Second Amendment, those who attack our gun rights do so not out of facts, figures or law, but out of emotion. Consider the Superbowl show having a chorus of Sandy Hook kids singing a song later today. What the Hell doe that have to do with our Constitution or rights under the law?

People who lost children in that attack now go on camera whining about how unfair the death of their precious child was. That is true and as a Human Being, my prayers go out to them. But now they want to violate the law and remove our Constitutional rights because some idiot killed their child.

I spent a lot of time in the Arlington National Cemetery where countless patriots rest after defending the same Constitutional rights these parents want to sell so cheaply. Why don't we consider the deaths of those patriots in this debate? Those patriots didn't die to protect one or two of those rights. They died to protect ALL Of our rights!

How is it fair that the death of a child trumps the deaths of a million patriots?

I've lost many friends in vehicle crashes. The same logic these Knot Heads use would have me crusading for abolition of cars and trucks! Sorry, improper operation of those vehicles killed my friends. The vehicle had no part in the deaths except that it was a tool that was misused.

If a turd gets on me about my Constitutional rights, I don't feel the need to change him. I just tell him to F off.

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom