• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Restrooms are clean AND spacious. And they've got decent snacks, too. The lines are usually long, but I like stopping in at Buc-ee's. You know what you're going to get.
    Guns International

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Watch it boys. We got a Yankee in our midst.

I've lived in the Austin area since 1959 and never heard of a Buc-ee until the Austin paper ran a story about one opening in New Braunfels a couple months ago.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I've lived in the Austin area since 1959 and never heard of a Buc-ee until the Austin paper ran a story about one opening in New Braunfels a couple months ago.

I didn't know about them either until they started building the one in New Braunfels. I saw it daily as I drove up IH35.

drawl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    u know, it might help if you'd explain what a 30,.06 IS, since not everyone here is a TX law-aware person. the rest of us, probably 1/2 of this forum, consider a 30-06 to be a rifle caliber.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I've stopped in for a gas fillup a couple of times at the New Braunfels store. Only been inside once for a look around. Looks like a tourist trap but the prices seemed reasonable. Gas is probably all I'll ever buy there.

Floyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Cibolo
    I've stopped in for a gas fillup a couple of times at the New Braunfels store. Only been inside once for a look around. Looks like a tourist trap but the prices seemed reasonable. Gas is probably all I'll ever buy there.

Please try the BLT.... mmm, mmm

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    u know, it might help if you'd explain what a 30,.06 IS, since not everyone here is a TX law-aware person. the rest of us, probably 1/2 of this forum, consider a 30-06 to be a rifle caliber.

The short answer is that if you don't know what it is, odds are you don't need to know. Not being an ass, it's just one of those things that works out that way.

Long answer: Texas Penal Code 30.06 makes it a Class A misdemeanor for a CHL holder to carry in any place properly posted (must be conspicuously posted at/near entrance, minimum 1" high contrasting-color block letters, proper wording set forth in the law, etc.) to carry in that place. It's covered extensively in the CHL classes, so if you don't have a CHL you probably don't even know what it is, but since you never got a CHL you don't need to worry about it.

Texas Penal Code - Section 30.06. Trespass By Holder Of License To Carry Concealed Handgun - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws

Many of the signs are improperly posted.

Also, if you're too lazy to crank up Google and type in "Texas 30.06", you probably aren't going to get off your couch and buy a gun, let alone take the steps to get a CHL anyway. https://www.google.com/search?hl=en....0.0.78.78.1.1.0.les;..0.0...1c.1.8zCR9Tdo18Y

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX

As mentioned in my earlier post.....fun experience if you don't live close to one. I remember on on the way to Rock Port that also had an Outdoor/Sporting Goods Store in same complex. Had to enter though different door but was right next door. Remember deer stands and such outside but was very early in the morning and that store wasn't open yet. Wonder now if they sell guns?

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    As mentioned in my earlier post.....fun experience if you don't live close to one. I remember on on the way to Rock Port that also had an Outdoor/Sporting Goods Store in same complex. Had to enter though different door but was right next door. Remember deer stands and such outside but was very early in the morning and that store wasn't open yet. Wonder now if they sell guns?

I thought their inventory was interesting. Lots of touristy stuff. Not much that I might need, but they had a pretty good variety and the prices were somewhat reasonable (that I saw).

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I've only been to one ever in Houston, but I love seeing their billboards on the way to other cities. I think one of them said "ladies think my underbite is sexy" or something like that.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

You chastised a person in another threads to Google something you posted, yet you chastise some here to post info you don't have. I suggest you Google 30.06. You seem to be a know it all, so look it up.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress

Seriously, how long have you been in Tx?
    How long have you been a member if the gun culture?

I'm thinking you're just a wet behind the ears pup, because I bet close to 99% of this forum know what the 30.06 signs are.

"Those who appease a tiger do so in hope that the tiger will eat them last."
    -Winston Churchill

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom