• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    To the OP, that sucks. HPD doesn't make calls when the place I work gets broken into. And it happens a couple times a year. I go up there (290 & 610) and clear the place myself, nail up plywood to cover the broken glass. The next day they will come by and ask what happened. Have yet to have them actually do anything but tisk, tisk and shake their heads.

I don't blame that on the population.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I think the HPD officers, probably all agencies, get a little jaded after working in Houston a while. There are areas that live up to the reputation; the SW side around the Gulfton Ghetto where all the Katrina outcasts ended up, South Houston & Sunnyside, SE Houston, the Northside where I grew up, Aldine... It's getting close to home here too around the Willowbrook area. Go to click2houston.com, chron.com & khou.com to get the latest updates on the nightly stabbings, shootings & body discoveries.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Thank goodness where i live has good coverage. Thank goodness also, my agency has an excellent response time. Good luck wth your healing. Looks Luke you were lucky to get out of the accident.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Look. It's not a criminal case. The drunk bitch hit him and he can talk about It.

Guess the cops didn't go all csi-Houston on the jacket and footprints since he hadn't killed anyone yet?

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    What was the deal with the long response? I hate reading these stories given my profession. I do my job a different way, what also seems like a more effective way. but I'm also given more room to do it. Agreed also regarding discussing the accident, It's not top secret info.

Glitter and Guns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    DFW
    I am so sorry that you live in an area with such slow response time. I lived in a city like that up north, and a police officer that was my friend told me that if I was ever in real danger (someone breaking into the house) to call the fire department. He said that the fire department would show up much faster and that the lights, sirens, and people would scare almost anyone off. I am so thankful that I never had to call them for anything urgent. It is scary to think that help isn't coming.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    What was the deal with the long response?

I was told by the SO officer that showed up at my house that when they downsized all the agencies in the area they took officers out of the "low priority" areas (lower-middle middle class and below) and moved them to the richer parts of town because they started to complain about how much they paid in taxes and didn't see a police presence at all times. The wanted to see constant patrols in thier areas or they wanted thier taxes lowered.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    I'm in Humble/Kingwood border and the cops can't decide which department is suppose o respond to 911 calls. When I had a break in 2003 the Contables Pt 4 showed up bu this time I got Harris Co. Sheriff when I dialed 911. Today I called Pt 4 and they said the would send out a cop but never did since they apparently were confused again. Monday I play to call the Pt. 4 Constable and get this "who's area is this shit" straightened out. If this is Pt. 4 then he is going to get an ear full from me.

I hope the fire department is better organized, at least EMS seemed to know who to send when the drunk bitch hit me.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I was told by the SO officer that showed up at my house that when they downsized all the agencies in the area they took officers out of the "low priority" areas (lower-middle middle class and below) and moved them to the richer parts of town because they started to complain about how much they paid in taxes and didn't see a police presence at all times. The wanted to see constant patrols in thier areas or they wanted thier taxes lowered.
    Oh brother...

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    yes, i'm aware - i previously held a claims adjusters license

the comment was made that there was no crime involved - i simply said that DUI is a crime......a judge in a criminal case CAN order restitution

he could also easily be called as a witness in her criminal case

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    yes, i'm aware - i previously held a claims adjusters license

the comment was made that there was no crime involved - i simply said that DUI is a crime......a judge in a criminal case CAN order restitution

he could also easily be called as a witness in her criminal case

They didn't say it wasn't a crime. They said he wasn't involved in a criminal case:

Look. It's not a criminal case.

Top Bottom