• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ambidextrous1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Border Patrol activities are limited to within 25 miles of the International border. It's not possible to stop all illegal entry into the United States at the border under current conditions.

There's a lot of opposition to border fences and enforcement activities in general, in border towns, El Paso is a good example of that.

In a recent meeting of the present El Paso Mayor and three mayoral candidates, all four agreed that El Paso police should not enforce immigration laws.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Border Patrol activities are limited to within 25 miles of the International border. It's not possible to stop all illegal entry into the United States at the border under current conditions.

There's a lot of opposition to border fences and enforcement activities in general, in border towns, El Paso is a good example of that.

In a recent meeting of the present El Paso Mayor and three mayoral candidates, all four agreed that El Paso police should not enforce immigration laws.[/quote]

Maybe we should build a fence around El Paso then and let them deal with the problem that they want. Or put 'em in jail for telling LEO's not to enforce a law. Personally, I think we need a wall like Israel built...that thing is bad ass.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas

In a recent meeting of the present El Paso Mayor and three mayoral candidates, all four agreed that El Paso police should not enforce immigration laws.

Imagine that, a mayor and candidate for reelection in May, 2009, saying he is against enforcement of immigration laws in a heavily hispanic populated town like El Paso! That defies all logic?? Who'da thought a polititian who is a prominate member of "Paso Del Norte Group" would think like that??? :confused:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yes, of course they can. Usually how it goes is they pick up an illegal for a non-immigration offense, find out he/she is an illegal, then call the proper alphabet soup (ICE I think) so that the illegal can go back home when they're done in the US system.

What sanctuary cities do is skip that step. San Francisco was really vocal and proud of their status as a sanctuary city, with signs at bus stops and things like that. The bus stop signs were yet another sign of idiocy amok on government; they were taking up advertising space, costing the MUNI system money!

Anyway, they got really quiet about the sanctuary thing after some illegal who'd been through the system, and who they know the city had refused to turn over to INS killed half a family in broad daylight one day.

AFAIK, they're still not reporting illegals to INS, even though by CA state law they're required to cooperate with all federal laws.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Right, but they aren't enforcing immigration laws, they are cooperating with the Federal Agencies that do.

I know, I'm being picky.

I can't for the life of me understand why a city would "not" cooperate and turn illegals over. By doing so, and processing them for whatever they've been picked up for as any legal citizen, they're giving them the rights of a US Citizen.

Even businesses have to watch how they treat non-employee's for fear of co-employment issues. We're talking about a country and it's citizens....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Right, but they aren't enforcing immigration laws, they are cooperating with the Federal Agencies that do.

Actually, in many cases they are. They're keeping folks in jail that would be turned loose without the immigration violations until they can be turned over for deportation.

It amounts to an additional arrest.

Gpz1100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX
    with all the crap about america supplying scary black guns to mexican drug czar's it might have been a problem with a wrong/liberal/headline grabbing officer/agent

Top Bottom