• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Ugh. BBSes. Used to be SysOp on an old BBS. I remember when by BBS became "big time" because we were the first one to upgrade to a 28.8k bps modem.

TxRN, send me dem digits!

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Ugh. BBSes. Used to be SysOp on an old BBS. I remember when by BBS became "big time" because we were the first one to upgrade to a 28.8k bps modem.

I still have my old USR Courier modem in the closet - Best modem ever, unless you had big bux and could afford a Zyxel or Motorola CODEX.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    IBTL

"Well...................Bye!

Love that movie.

As for oldschool BBS...wow. I started off with a 300 baud modem. I remember thinking a 9600 with compression and file transfer protocols where you could chat and see the image your were downloading at the same time was an amazing breakthrough. Used to run a "pirate board" long before the internet. Distribution site for THG, INC, and others. Cracked copies of games before they hit the shelves, copies of netware when it was $Ks. Carding, phreaking, etc. Some of the finest and most depraved .gif files around. Crapped my pants when a buddies site that we were supplying got taken down by the Feds. Don't miss those days.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If and when I decide to leave this forum I've decided it would be more amusing and memorable to go out with the ban hammer yet the moderator will be laughing their heads off as it drops.

A childish fit isn't the way to go.
    Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

Just so you know... Another board I'm on, there were some big-time trolls that got banned and for April Fools the admin reset their emails then their passwords and handed the passes out to the moderator staff so that we could post on them. So don't go too big. :p

View attachment 8785

I gotta quit drinking so much. I'm starting to see stuff!

Win!!!

Waa-freakin'-waah. Give tham man some cheese to go with his w(h)ine.

What's the line in the song?

"First amendment? Son, the first amendment protects you from the government not from me."

Lol

I don't remember it from a song, but I do remember hearing something like it it from a live performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeVrzrmgitQ

I should ban him for accusing alan of listening to Abba . . . everyone knows that Allen is the founder of the Austin chapter of the Justin Beiber fan club

I keep hearing about this "Justin Bieber", but can't figure out what it is...

Remember Legend of the Red Dragon? (LORD)?

Classic. :)

Holy crap! I hadn't though about that game in YEARS. Yes, I played it on a BBS, with a 9600 (then a 28.8) modem.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Lol it was a rhetorical question. The song is "Fightin' Words" by Trace Adkins. He says essentially the same thing he said in your clip in the "credits" of the song. Great song by the way.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    boo...
    fucking...
    hoooo....

grow some thick skin and read the damn rules, i'd swear he was a democrat after being shown facts he takes the drama queen limp wristed fudge packing exit.

my first post on here was closed and i was recommended to not follow that route... guess what, i took the suggestion and i am still here. it's that damn easy.
    He's been back and read this thread a couple of times. Probably not the reaction he expected. You people are what make this one of the best places to hang on the 'net.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I think Alan should IP ban him and we would all know it would just drive him nuts that he couldn't check to see what everyone is saying about him...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom