• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I generally have 2-3 cats a night setting off my driveway camera.
    Pretty much the same ones all the time.
    And they have collars.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    100% on the cat owner. I have a deep disdain for cats in general because "outdoor" cats roam, and they will piss on everything and act like your place is theirs. I grew up with outdoor cats living in the country - and while they have some utility - keeping rodent population in check, they also kill song birds and helpful animals.

That cat owner has no one to blame but himself for the death of his cat.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I am kind of on the fence about telling him.

I don't want to face him doing something to my dogs in revenge or trying to sue ya I know he has 0 chance of winning I watched Judge Judy for years.

But I also would want to know my missing pet was dead

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I would say, no one is to blame, no more than if the cat got run over...

I also would say nothing to the cat owner.

I am kind of on the fence about telling him.

I don't want to face him doing something to my dogs in revenge or trying to sue ya I know he has 0 chance of winning I watched Judge Judy for years.

But I also would want to know my missing pet was dead
    In a few days, he will just assume the cat is dead.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    I'm a cat owner but my cat doesn't go outside unless he's going somewhere. Too many things could get him, especially now. That cat owner is to blame for the death of his cat, but I wouldn't tell him. If he wants to let his cats roam, then he doesn't deserve to know that his cat is dead. Especially when you had already said something to him about his cats...

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Ya I said a lot when I had claw marks on the hood of my new truck But yelling at the clouds did not do much.

Also Cat turds in my yard front and back

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I'm rural, and my cat is mostly an outside cat... He comes in to eat, when it's really cold, and maybe for a good sleep on the couch, or a good pet.

Coyotes, fox, or bobcat could get him any time... Someone could shoot him! I worry about him when he doesn't show up for supper, but if he ever doesn't show up for a few days, I'll know to stop worrying...

I like him, he's a really good cat, but he's a cat, not like a dog that can be more controlled.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    100% on the cat owner. I have a deep disdain for cats in general because "outdoor" cats roam, and they will piss on everything and act like your place is theirs. I grew up with outdoor cats living in the country - and while they have some utility - keeping rodent population in check, they also kill song birds and helpful animals.

That cat owner has no one to blame but himself for the death of his cat.
    My former neighbor would let his cats roam. More than one found my greyhounds are faster than they were. Then asked if I had seen his cat my usual answer was "hadn't seen it today". Didn't see any need to tell him he'd never see them again.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Ya I have 4ft chain link. My dobie and my prev dogs have all been able to clear it without trying they just never figured it out or never wanted to leave they saw how bad the neighbor dogs have it compared to living in the A/C home lol.

My dobie puts his front paws on the top bar and then his back feet get like 1-2 inches. When he is playing with the next door neighbor dogs at the fence. I do discourage it but at 7.5 years old and smart as a whip if he was going to jump it he would have.
    I had a blue tick hound that would frequently make a neighborhood tour after I'd leave for work in the mornings. The 6 foot fence around the backyard had a wireless fence around its perimeter. He had learned when the collar's battery was low it couldn't give a warning or a shock. Unfortunately for him a neighbor told me of his adventures.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I had a blue tick hound that would frequently make a neighborhood tour after I'd leave for work in the mornings. The 6 foot fence around the backyard had a wireless fence around its perimeter. He had learned when the collar's battery was low it couldn't give a warning or a shock. Unfortunately for him a neighbor told me of his adventures.

My dogs are inside dogs while I am out of the house.

And When outside when it gets quiet I know they are up to no good. And when they are barking I know they are up to no good.

Top Bottom