• ...and so much more!
  • Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I'm 60. Been using Androgel 1.62% for about two years. Life is wonderful. Get your life back by all means!

PM me if you want more detail.

I been thinking of trying that. I have no clue how to go about it. Do you have to test for it first? Life is pretty good now. What can I expect to get back? Kind of odd for first post.
    Venture Surplus ad

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    If u are talking tri levels? Just got my blood work back. After a year of meds, excercise, ect I got all the levels back to normal

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I been thinking of trying that. I have no clue how to go about it. Do you have to test for it first? Life is pretty good now. What can I expect to get back? Kind of odd for first post.

Yes. You need to go to a clinic that will test for low T.

You'll find it easier to sleep, easier to lose weight, more energy, feel younger, stop a locomotive with your bare hands, leap tall buildings in a single bound, etc.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    If u are talking tri levels? Just got my blood work back. After a year of meds, excercise, ect I got all the levels back to normal

Cholesterol levels are different than testosterone levels.

If you've been on a "statin" med, I pray you've been loading up on CoQ10. You may have hurt your heart in an effort to make your triglycerides look good on paper.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Yes. You need to go to a clinic that will test for low T.

You'll find it easier to sleep, easier to lose weight, more energy, feel younger, stop a locomotive with your bare hands, leap tall buildings in a single bound, etc.

Sign me up. Looking forward to the tall buildings.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It will take a couple of weeks and you'll feel 20 again.

I'm up around 1100 now. Started out around 200

What are normal levels? Are there "goal" levels for certain ages? What are the associated changes that go along with increasing testosterone? I imagine you would need to watch your cholsterol leels, as higher levels of testosterone leads to higher cholesterol. What other risk factors are there to increasing testosterone?

What studies have been published and what are the results?

Please don't take these questions as a challenge, I am curious. At 51 years of age and having recently lost 70 pounds, I am interested in increasing my health as much as possible.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If you've been on a "statin" med, I pray you've been loading up on CoQ10. You may have hurt your heart in an effort to make your triglycerides look good on paper.

I took provastatin for 5 years. Reently got off due to diet change and weight loss. Can you point me to any info regarding this hurt your heart thing?

and wnat is CoQ10?

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    What are normal levels? Are there "goal" levels for certain ages? What are the associated changes that go along with increasing testosterone? I imagine you would need to watch your cholsterol leels, as higher levels of testosterone leads to higher cholesterol. What other risk factors are there to increasing testosterone?

What studies have been published and what are the results?

Please don't take these questions as a challenge, I am curious. At 51 years of age and having recently lost 70 pounds, I am interested in increasing my health as much as possible.

I don't take it as a challenge, I openly discuss what it has done for me. I don't really care if people think it makes me less manly to admit to having health issues. I'm happy with what it's done for me and the results speak for themselves.
    "Normal" is a range of between 400-1200. This is the serum rate and not the "free" number. The "free float" number was only checked the first time. My doctor wanted me to be in the 900-1200 range.
    The changes are reversal of the following symptoms for me personally. YMMV. My primary concern was fatigue and low libido.

Depression
    Fatigue
    Low Libido
    Abdominal Obesity

My bloodwork shows all my cholesterol to be in the normal range. When I find my latest lab report I will share real numbers.

There are lots of studies out there. We as men don't typically admit when there is a problem so it seems to be a very under reported condition. The tipping point for me was, after using a soy based weight loss product for a month, I could no longer stay awake all day. My wife had been telling me for a couple of years to go get checked but I was too proud to do so. Well I broke down and went to the dr. I answered yes to 9 of 10 symptom questions and the rest is history. After taking the shots for a month my world turned around. I still have issues that men don't discuss with men but those are primarily related to my weight. I desperately need to lose around 60 pounds.

There are contraindications for testosterone therapy. Prostrate trouble is one of them.

As I said, when I get home I will look for my labs and share real numbers.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I know that obese peple often have low t, but is low t the cause or symptom? I also know that not enough protein causes all sorts of problems. I am a huge believer in and proof of the zone diet, a 40% carb, 30% protein and 30% fat diet designed to control insulin response. I calculated my daily metobolic rate and from there calculated my lean body mass to learn what my daily requirement of carb, protein and fat was.

I lost 70 pounds and have never been hungry. I did the zone before and got in fantastic shape, then a training injury casued me to stop working out, I lost focus and became lazy with food. I have gotten off the BP meds and the statins. I have energy out of my ears, sleep well, and feel great. Maybe this diet helped manage my testosterone. That is a level I will need checked. Of course if it is within range, I have no prior reading to compare it to.

Were you eating a lot of carb on the soy diet, or nearly none? I have found that my carb intake really controls my hunger levels as well as my lethargy.

As far as you know, is there another method of therapy besides injections?

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I know that obese peple often have low t, but is low t the cause or symptom?

Were you eating a lot of carb on the soy diet, or nearly none? .

As far as you know, is there another method of therapy besides injections?

I don't really know on the obesity. I'm 5'10 and weigh 255

Nearly none, but come to find out, soy drives testosterone levels down.

To the best of my knowledge and research, there are no methods that work consistently better than T replacement. As to injections, I use them due to dr recommendation. Injections offer better dispersal rate and are less likely to create an adverse condition for the women of your household. When I initially started, my daughter was pregnant and so the gel was a no go in my house.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Soy is a huge estrogen source.

Also, many of the chemicals and plastics we are in daily contact with are converted into estrogen compounds in the body.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    There are contraindications for testosterone therapy. Prostrate trouble is one of them.

Actually, you won't have trouble lying face down, but you might have prostate trouble. Prostrate means to lie face down. LOL

I get a bit envious hearing all the good things y'all are experiencing with testosterone injections. As a prostate cancer "survivor" (have come to loathe that word), it's a no-go for me. Still dealing with the dilemma of "quality of life" versus "quantity of life" so I might wind up saying "**** it" and go get me some juice. LOL

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Actually, you won't have trouble lying face down, but you might have prostate trouble. Prostrate means to lie face down. LOL

I get a bit envious hearing all the good things y'all are experiencing with testosterone injections. As a prostate cancer "survivor" (have come to loathe that word), it's a no-go for me. Still dealing with the dilemma of "quality of life" versus "quantity of life" so I might wind up saying "**** it" and go get me some juice. LOL

Lol, iPhone autocorrect strikes again.

Glad to hear you beat it.

Tex Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Joshua, tx
    Kind of odd for first post.

Well, here's my situation. I haven't been a big gun guy until I recently became concerned over my 2nd amendment rights. Just got my CHL. Bought a Sig 1911 thinking I would carry it.... NOT. So also bought a Glock 26 for a carry weapon. I'm getting into this whole thing, but don't have anything really to contribute on the gun side of things.

So I ran into this thread and know something about the subject. Thought I would pitch in. Just that simple.

So I got tested at 160 for my T level. Weighed 270, no energy, no sex, no interest in anything. My doc keeps me at about 450 on free T. I've lost 40lbs, gained maybe 15lbs of muscle, am ready to rock and roll pretty much any time and have tons of energy.

I just got my drivers license renewed and the difference between the two pictures is like night and day. Even though the new one is ten years older, i look ten years Younger in the pic.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm glad you guys quit speaking in code and finally put the problem upfront. It took 5 pages to do that!

I am 66 and avoid doctors like the plague. I have been away from women for two years but not because I don't want to have one in my life or that plumbing doesn't work, but rather that I'm so damned sick of their crap. If I found a woman who would act like a civilized Human Being and not a Gold Digging, drama obsessed scoundrel, I might reconsider.

I am now and always have been hyper active. I run like Hell constantly.

So...straight up.....Are you saying that this "T" (Testosterone?) will make me lose weight, make me willing to put up with female shitty behavior in order to get booty calls and make me more active? (Hell, I don't know if I could stand being MORE active!). At the same time, the "T" will make me a loveable, snuggle bear type of guy?

Please, I'm trying to understand.

Flash

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I'm glad you guys quit speaking in code and finally put the problem upfront. It took 5 pages to do that!

I am 66 and avoid doctors like the plague. I have been away from women for two years but not because I don't want to have one in my life or that plumbing doesn't work, but rather that I'm so damned sick of their crap. If I found a woman who would act like a civilized Human Being and not a Gold Digging, drama obsessed scoundrel, I might reconsider.

I am now and always have been hyper active. I run like Hell constantly.

So...straight up.....Are you saying that this "T" (Testosterone?) will make me lose weight, make me willing to put up with female shitty behavior in order to get booty calls and make me more active? (Hell, I don't know if I could stand being MORE active!). At the same time, the "T" will make me a loveable, snuggle bear type of guy?

Please, I'm trying to understand.

Flash

Answer the questions and see for yourself Flash.

1.Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)?
    2.Do you have a lack of energy?
    3.Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance?
    4.Have you lost height?
    5.Have you noticed a decreased "enjoyment of life"
    6.Are you sad and/or grumpy?
    7.Are your erections less strong?
    8.Have you noticed a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports?
    9.Are you falling asleep after dinner?
    10.Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance?

Top Bottom