Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Find someone to talk to
    Someone NOT with the VA if you can help it

I quit going there , I dont want anything they are seliing

Someone on TGT will likely be able to meet up with you and get you in the right path
    God bless and prayers

To grasshopperglock

If I were closer I would gladly do that. Thank you so very much for your service and I am sorry for your pain and struggles that you carry with you. One practice that has always brought me peace and exercise is getting a good dog or two. The two breeds that I have are full breed English Labradors and Italian Mastiff's Cane Corso. If you are into a lighter and easier dog the Lab is the way to go. If you want a protection dog that takes much more discipline, exercise, commitment the Corso is your guy. They are somewhat high energy but will be a lounge dog if given the chance.

I use my dogs as therapy to keep an even keel. If you want send me a PM and I can show you in greater detail what I do and hopefully help you in some way.

flowers076.jpg
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I know I could Google this, but could you share pics so I can see what kind of dogs you're talking about?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I know I could Google this, but could you share pics so I can see what kind of dogs you're talking about?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Cane Corso is a breed that was saved from extinction and revived back in the 70's and 80's. Today it is thriving and was entered into AKC as the 168th breed to be recognized. They are considered a giant breed and will weigh anywhere from 70 pounds to 165 pounds. They were in ancient times used as a herding dog for cattle and they would protect the herd. They are extremely loyal and a great family pet. BUT, they do require a strong master and a structured training program that continues throughout their entire lives. They ARE NOT a toy or a dog that can be shoved into the backyard and expected to just do whatever.

Not my dog

canecorso.jpg

English Labs are the larger Labs that have a very full coat. They are used mostly for show but are incredible hunting dogs when trained correctly. I have had six and usually have two at a time. I absolutely love my Labs and refuse to go without at least one living with me. Best dogs on the planet by a long shot.

Not my dog

English-Labrador-e1409181829597.jpg

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Biggest black weiner in Bell county. Standard size Dachshund.

28lbs last check up.

1915f7f1f65552bc6b13e0d40ad90b5b.jpg

2d43fcdfa5731aa23132d2936d9c007e.jpg

"Sent from a puff of smoke"

Does this bruiser have a name? My guys are Maximus (Max) and Romeo (Rome). I spend a ton of time alone since my wife and I both travel for work. So when I am at home alone my two guys keep me company and a great reason to get outside and exercise. If you are like me and my Lab we get a ton of attention when out walking. I take Rome to the local big box hardware stores for both socializing the dog and myself. The kids absolutely love petting Rome because of his full coat and because he licks the crap out of their faces lol. I also take them both to local parks for walking and to met other dogs. Sometimes there are some hotties out walking their dogs and stop to talk. Makes the wife ultra jealous haha.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    That's a big weiner! I've got one like it, but he's only 9 lbs. As much as I feed that dog, I can't get him to put on weight. He's a rescue, so I don't hold it against him. My next dachshund, I'll be going for a big one.

IMG_20120514_190921_zps8hbha1sp.jpg

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It turns my stomach. I can't stand crowds. I'm sick to death of feeling others are out to hurt me. I'm tired of constantly thinking unknown people hold weapons for no other reason to but to hurt me.

I'm tired of constantly thinking in tactical terms. Even at Wal-Mart. I count people in the parking lot. Inside the store. I'm constantly planning how to survive.

I park, I think, I plan like every day is my last.

I have no feelings. I'm hollow. I have no compassion. No remorse. Feelings of love, belonging, empathy....escape me. I'm a robot. Cold as steel.

I've been trained to kill. I've been trained in the most horrible things. It's all I fucking feel.

I have panic attacks that make most folks piss their pants.

I'm sooo fucking tired of it all. I'm tired of fighting the thoughts.

I was a soldier. A lethal walking machine. Now, I waller in some kind of self fight of who I am.

I yet again get to beg for help on the the first. Contract doctor to the VA. I get to explain the demons. I get to explain it all.

****, life's rough. I carry on. My children, my past loves. The world is cold to me.

I'm so very tired of it all. I want my life back. I want to feel human. I want to enjoy this world and life.

I was trained to kill on order. A life that's not easy to leave.

Gotdamn VA doctors. More begging, more memories best forgotten. Yet, I get to regurgitate it all for the sake of asking for help.....from the very people that held my leash.

Fucking-A. Life's moves on and this planet still turns. No matter how much I scream.

I'm a soldier with no war to fight.

Love your soldiers for all they've given. Cause they never be the same.

Love your soldiers, for the pot smokers they are.

I'm just now seeing this thread, no respect for the OP.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Does this bruiser have a name? My guys are Maximus (Max) and Romeo (Rome). I spend a ton of time alone since my wife and I both travel for work. So when I am at home alone my two guys keep me company and a great reason to get outside and exercise. If you are like me and my Lab we get a ton of attention when out walking. I take Rome to the local big box hardware stores for both socializing the dog and myself. The kids absolutely love petting Rome because of his full coat and because he licks the crap out of their faces lol. I also take them both to local parks for walking and to met other dogs. Sometimes there are some hotties out walking their dogs and stop to talk. Makes the wife ultra jealous haha.

Yes Sir, his name is Gunner.

That's a big weiner! I've got one like it, but he's only 9 lbs. As much as I feed that dog, I can't get him to put on weight. He's a rescue, so I don't hold it against him. My next dachshund, I'll be going for a big one.

IMG_20120514_190921_zps8hbha1sp.jpg

Lol, I thought mine was a mini. Then he kept getting bigger and bigger. Pretty dog btw.

I thought it was self explanatory.

You may see it differently.

Thank you for opinion. I signed a blank check on my life to defend it.

Respect from you wasn't the reason I choose to fight. Lol, not in the least. I couldn't even buy coffee with what your respect is worth. Just keep offering it up though. The price others paid for your right was expensive.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

And a good part of that is tongue? lol
    Precious pup ...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Wow! the OP really spoke to me! Thank you for your service!

I'm not military but I dealt with the same inconsistencies about life.

With 34 years clean and sober, fully 1/2 of my life was spent harming others. I hurt a lot of people and, frankly, enjoyed it. It's not a smiley thing to live with.

Now, straightened up, I am very different and I couldn't process the difference of who I was and who I am, in the same person. I can never change what I was and I'm still that way to some extent. How can the 2015 "Flash" co-exist with the 1985 "Flash?"

I set up a file cabinet in my mind. I had some training in how to do that, but it's really very simple. The person that I was in a file in that cabinet. All of that stuff is there if I ever needed it, I suppose, but I prefer to let that file get dusty and unused in the cabinet.

The different "me" is in another file complete with far different behaviors, attitudes and outlooks on life. In the cabinet, both completely different "people" can live at the same time, but not interact or interfere with each other. I can be two different people and choose which personalities I want to be dominant depending on the needs of my environment.

That's how it worked for me.

Flash

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Wow! the OP really spoke to me! Thank you for your service!

I'm not military but I dealt with the same inconsistencies about life.

With 34 years clean and sober, fully 1/2 of my life was spent harming others. I hurt a lot of people and, frankly, enjoyed it. It's not a smiley thing to live with.

Now, straightened up, I am very different and I couldn't process the difference of who I was and who I am, in the same person. I can never change what I was and I'm still that way to some extent. How can the 2015 "Flash" co-exist with the 1985 "Flash?"

I set up a file cabinet in my mind. I had some training in how to do that, but it's really very simple. The person that I was in in a file in that cabinet. All of that stuff is there if I ever needed it, I suppose, but I prefer to let that file get dusty and misused in the cabinet.

The different "me" is in another file complete with far different behaviors, attitudes and outlooks on life. In the cabinet, both completely different "people" can live at the same time, but not interact or interfere with each other. I can be two different people and choose which personalities I want to be dominant depending on the needs of my environment.

That's how it worked for me.

Flash

Roger, you're welcome in my home anytime. We'll have some black coffee. Play some checkers. Chess if you play. No fancy moves though. I'm rusty.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    GHG from one vet to another thanks for your service. I don't know how long you have been out for but I've only been out for 2yrs this coming January and it isn't getting any better for me. I try to stay busy and find things to keep occupied but it sucks. The VA is a confusing headache to say the least and it doesn't seem to be any less confusing the more I deal with them. Makes me not want to even deal with it but I have to as my family and my day to day is affected.

Thank you for posting this thread as it was good reading what others suggest and maybe it's the light at the end of your tunnel and others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom