I know ..... but Fanny Packs............

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Lunga Bunga, May 24, 2008.

1. Lunga Bunga

Lunga Bunga New Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Hi All ~
    Does anyone know of or use one to carry ? I need something to carry while walking my Doberman. It's so hot now I don't wear Jeans and can't use the Don Hume Holster I usually carry with. I carry Glocks, usually a G30 ..... 45. Any one have any suggestions on what brand to search for or if one type is better than another ?
    Thanks ~
    Tony.

2. Moe Howard

Moe Howard Member

May 1, 2008
    I have a nylon sissy pack I use very rarely. In fact while at a fair last weekend I carried it with other stuff in it but carried my M&P on the hip. I can't remember to save my life the brand but it has three compartments the largest having a nylon holster with velcro straps and has an extra strap on the back to wrap around your belt for center support. It works really well, I just don't need it often since I wear denim shorts that match my jeans so my belt loops are always in the same place. Just make sure whichever one you get has a built in holster and the support strap on the back of the pouch, makes a big difference, don't just get a regular fanny pack. The DeSantis Gunny Sack is one of the better ones and the one I have is very similar but as I remember it cost much less.

3. fm2

fm2 Event Coordinator

Apr 27, 2008
  4. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    blackhawk makes one its not so sissyfied check cheaper than dirt

5. cjklekar

cjklekar New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Texas
  6. glock9

glock9 Member

Apr 28, 2008
    FAG Bags

The correct nomenclature the FBI uses for a fanny pack is a "Fast Action Gun Bag" or as the guys in the field cail it a FAG BAG :)

Glock9

7. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    whats wrong with using a IWB holster and a nice loose hawaii style button up?

8. ReVrEnD_0341

ReVrEnD_0341 Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    How about a SmartCarry holster? As long as you don't walk your dog while wearing spandex shorts, you would be fine...

9. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Uh....doberman. You can carry bandaides for anyone that bugs your dog. I think a doberman is a pretty good deterrent.

I assume you are not talking about a min-pin.

10. bikerbill

bikerbill Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    what about a smaller gun? I carry a Kahr PM9 or Taurus 617 normally, but when I take my dog for a walk, I just slip my Taurus PT25 in a pocket and I'm good to go ... unless you live in Hell's Kitchen, should be all you need to ward off marauding snakes, skunks, etc. weighs nothing, cheap, 10 rds of .25 jhp ...