• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I aquired a kimber ultra raptor II today and am glad to say I like it. It is a 3in gun from kimbers custom shop this is my second micro 1911 my first one was a springfield gi micro. This Kimber is a step above it, I almost didnt get it but I shot Hankys gun (he is a member on here) his is the 4in and it was a tac driver. I took it to the range and shot it right after I got it to give it the ccw check and it passed with flyin colors I shot 60 fmj and 40 of my carry rounds with no problems at all with the stock kimber mag at a distance of 15 yards off hand shots made at a good pace. Here are some pics,
    Gun Zone Deals

Hanky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Temple, TX
    Awesome pistola my friend. I know I love mine. I just wish I could shoot it as well as you do! Looking forward to our next trip to the range.

Hanky

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I dont even notice it the only thing that wore me out was the saftey after 50rds it was knockin my thumb knuckle up pretty good.

That's why I like to put my thumb on top of the safety. Makes snapping it off during the draw stroke more natural, too - you don't have to reposition your grip after doing so.

Mike45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    The Bayou City
    I dont even notice it the only thing that wore me out was the saftey after 50rds it was knockin my thumb knuckle up pretty good.

Thanks for the info as I am kind of in the market for a new 1911 and I like the Kimber Raptor a lot. But I always wondered if that aggressive checkering would make my hand raw.

Thanks for the input.

Mike45

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Thanks for the info as I am kind of in the market for a new 1911 and I like the Kimber Raptor a lot. But I always wondered if that aggressive checkering would make my hand raw.

Thanks for the input.

Mike45

If you ever really need the weapon, your hands will be sweaty enough that the aggressive grip will be nice. In my opinion, if holding the weapon empty and sighting in doesn't bother you hands, neither will shooting it. The grip being comfortable is the important part.

Top Bottom