• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CachookinLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Louisiana
    Victorionox Sentinel or the newer issue model. Never seen a plain-edge Trekker, but that is an option. Spyderco, Emerson, Perrin Jaws. Would encourage you to consider a small fixed blade.
    Target Sports

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    I EDC two. My primary is a Benchmade 810 Contego, carried strong side (right) rear pocket. It's got a 4" blade and what they call a "reverse-tanto" point, which is just another fancy term for a spear-point. The blade is pretty thick, and it takes a sharp edge. The hardness of the blade is pretty high, so I don't think I'll try to use it as a prybar. I have real prybars in the toolbox. I use it for general cutting of rope, plastic and other material. The blade being pretty stout, if flicks open very easily with the thumb-stud. I believe the spear-point to be a decent choice for both stabbing and slashing, and the blade length is long enough to reach vitals in an average sized male.
    My secondary is carried weak (left) in my front pants pocket. It's a Spyderco P'Kal. I would call the blade shape close to a Wharncliff, with a very slight curve. The blade shape is very good for cutting open cardboard boxes, and the S30V steel takes a razor edge and stays very sharp after receiving a buch of packages. I believe the blade shape could be efficient at severing muscles and major blood vessels located within the limb of certain mammals with a combination of stab/slash/rip follow through. However, I do not believe it is long enough to reliably reach the vital organs of some "varmints", which is why it's a back-up. I keep it left side in the event that I have my right arm occupied by whatever unpleasantries have unfolded.

Top Bottom