• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Wondering if any of you fellas around DFW wouldn't mind do a little work for me. I need to get the kickstand on The Red Beast extended. She leans over way too far and I can't stand it up I need its stock stand chopped and extended. Plus the little kick knob relocated at a better angle.

Any takers?
    ARJ Defense ad

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Too far away. For the length issue, could you just weld a pad to the bottom of the stand?

Make sure not to go too high, or a gust of wind will knock it over...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Extending should not be a problem but the knob may be.
    I could extend the length fairly easily but as for the knob I'm not to sure.
    I suspect that the knob portion would have to be fabricated new. After you cut it off the old stand there is not enough left to re-weld and it be at the proper length.
    Is the stand hollow or solid?
    Is it steel or aluminum?
    How long would I have to fabricate this stand?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The knob is longer than I like it so if it loses length it would be perfect. It's just welded onto the main shaft. I want it at a better angle than it is now. It interferes with my foot placement dis/mounting the bike.

I believe the stand is hollow and it is steel.

I was hoping I could get it done within a day. I'm use to having a shop on hand to go over, get a project done and then head home. But I realize that might not be possible this time around as it isn't my uncle's place or our own garage lol The bike does not have a center stand so the bike is gimp until I get the stand back on.

I'm trying to get some measurements to get an idea of how the stand need to be shaped. That way I can leave the bike here and just remove the stand. Ideally though I'd do trial and error, test fit, adjust etc. But that's just been my method and someone might do it different.

I'm still gathering info and let you know when there's more.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I have the tools and skills to help out and will be glad too.
    From what I see in the pictures the easiest way would be cop the stand , slide a larger OD piece of tube over each end and weld it all back together. Them place the knob where you want it and grind and finish the stand.
    It could be 'Butt" jointed but if the metal is thin to start with the heat will cause the metal to loose its temper and hardness, that's why I suggest a "sleeve" extension.
    It looks like one end is smaller than the other so the "Sleeve" would have to be split and tapered back down to size to fit the small end of the stand.
    This does not look like a hard job just a lot of trial and error fitting.
    Let me know.

Top Bottom