I need your help in writing an article for school...

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by C_Fenn, Apr 24, 2009.

1. C_Fenn

C_Fenn New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    How's everybody doing? I am currently enrolled in a news reporting and writing class and I'm supposed to write a new article on any subject that I want. I've decided to do one on the gun industry and how there has been an increase in weapons sales. I would really appreciate your help if you could let me interview you online through e-mail. It would be a list of 10-15 questions and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. I would especially like to hear from someone who is involved in selling guns and ammunition as well as someone who has been around guns for a long time. Let me know if you could help!

Thanks in advance!

2. lonewolf23c

lonewolf23c Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Send an email containing your questions to wsevier@yahoo.com, I will gladly try and answer them to the best of my knowledge. I don't claim to know everything, but I know a little about everything.

Bill

3. jfrey

jfrey Active Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Email me at freyer1@sbcglobal.net and I'll see if I can help you out. I have been around guns for 50 years or so.

4. lonewolf23c

Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Alright show off, I've only been around guns for about 17 years, so you've most likely seen a lot of civilian stuff I haven't seen, I have delt with a lot of military weapons the past 7 years and not much on the civilian side. Wow 50 years, puts my 17 to shame completely. Do you ever get tired of looking at or dealing with guns? I'm just wondering if some of you guys that have been in the gun owning/sales business for many years actually get tired of it? I'm just getting started in the buying and collecting, which apparently is a few years too late due to the shortages of ammo, guns etc. LOL.

I think if this guy would just post his questions here most of the members will be able to answer all of his questions relatively easy.

5. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    I'm new to guns myself, buying during this time of "panic buying", so if you also want the opinion of one of "those" guys, e-mail me at gm.chief@yahoo.com

6. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    Is the questions like, "How many felons have you sold guns to lately?" on there?

j/k

I'm just givng you a hard time. Forgive me. I'm not involved with any real selling of guns/ammo. I've been a small part of the buying (at least my bugdet is small). I'll look at your survey.

sartinc@uthscsa.edu

7. jfrey

jfrey Active Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Well Lonewolf, I'm almost 57 years old and got my first .22 when I was six, still have it. I have been interested in guns all my life and always enjoy getting new ones. It is an interesting hobby and I can finally afford to shoot as much as I want, kids being grown and out of the house. Some folks like cars, some play golf, I like guns. I'm sure there are many folks hanging these forums with more experience than I have.

8. lonewolf23c

Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I'm only 27, and I've been around guns my whole life (my grandfather has a small collection), I was taught when I was little how to handle guns safely etc. My grandfather never had his guns in a locked cabinet we were taught to leave them alone, unless grandpa had them out and let us use them, other than that we could look at them in the gun cabinet all we wanted. What ever happened to those days????? I like guns too, but I'm limited on the amount of money I can spend so I have to save up 3-4 months to buy a gun I want, which right now doesn't matter cause I can't find ammo anyhow.

Jfrey, do you hunt, or target shoot, or just a gun collector?

I just target shoot and am trying to start a Winchester Collection.

9. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Feel free to email me if you'd like. I currently do work on the retail side of the gun industry and do sell guns, so I could help you from that perspective as well as the enthusiast perspective.

10. jfrey

jfrey Active Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Lone Wolf, the answer to your 3 questions is: Yes,Yes, Yes. I have hunted since I was a little kid. I shoot skeet and trap for fun. I shoot targets with my pistols for fun and relaxation. I collect guns because I like shooting them. Guns are an investment like anything else. If more parents taught their kids the enjoyment of shooting, our political situation might be very different.