• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Needs to be held 100% responsible as well as Bannned from movie making.
    Is that your opinion based on fact or perceptions of him based on his politics?

Responsible? Sure, but it likely wasn't his, or only his **** up. Mistakes happen. Correct behavior and move on. No different than a car crash when viewed objectively with the facts I have heard.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Is that your opinion based on fact or perceptions of him based on his politics?

Responsible? Sure, but it likely wasn't his, or only his **** up. Mistakes happen. Correct behavior and move on. No different than a car crash when viewed objectively with the facts I have heard

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Pure negligence not an accident they are Not the same.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Charge him with negligent homicide and assault / battery. Did he intend to harm those people? Maybe/probably not. Doesn't matter because he DID. He had a firearm in his possesion. I don't care if its a prop gun that is *supposed* to be fitted to only shoot blanks. I don't care that they have a professional "gun wrangler" that is supposed to be responsible. Ultimately the person with the gun in their hands, using it negligently or purposefully in malice is responsible for what happens when it is misused.

Baldwin has been an outspoken anti-2A mouthpiece. He likes to paint gun owners with a broad brush, and he wants US held to high standards. What's good for the gander is good for the goose. If actors want to play with guns in movies - they should be required to go thru the same goddamned firearms safety training that they would shove on law abiding citizens to own and use firearms - no exceptions. Every damn one of them should be taking a 4 or 8 hour class on proper safe handling of firearms - real, props, rubber guns - whatever. They should know how to do a basic function check, they should know how to check for barrel obstructions, they should know when something isn't right. They should NOT get off Scott-free when they pull the trigger and something bad happens "CuZ mUh MoViE"

If ANY of us had been in a similar incident, Baldiwn and those like him would be calling for blood. They would scream for tighter restrictions, they would scream for training requirement, they would want the maximum penalty under the law. Apply it to him, and every SAG card carrying actor.

I understand to make realistic movies you have to violate the four rules - using a prop gun - but that doesn't relieve you of your personal responsibility to ensure that the prop gun is NOT going to cause harm to someone else when you're doing it. If that's too much to ask - then they shouldn't be making movies with blank firing guns, real guns, or anything more dangerous than an Air Soft pistol.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    If ANY of us had been in a similar incident, Baldiwn and those like him would be calling for blood. They would scream for tighter restrictions, they would scream for training requirement, they would want the maximum penalty under the law. Apply it to him, and every SAG card carrying actor.
    I don't want to use their rules... that makes you the same kind of person as them. I believe in other things, like repentance, confession, forgiveness, etc... and I do NOT play by the leftist rulebook.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Pure negligence not an accident they are Not the same.

Without facts or details, how exactly do you come to that conclusion?

I speculate it wasn't a "live round" in that one with a bullet, but a blank that was fired too closely to someone or as Ben stated there was an obstruction in the barrel that was dislodged by the blank being fired.

Given the usual ignorance towards firearms most Hollywood liberal exhibit, their "knowledge" is mostly from the movies they watch or make. It's likely the weapon was mishandled and how much of that was Baldwin's fault remains to be seen.

Back in the mid-80s I was on the honor guard at Mountain Home AFB. Our OIC took one of the rifles we used for 21 gun salutes out into the desert to shoot blanks at a few cardboard boxes to show how much damage they still could inflict.

Unfortunately, a game warden heard him shooting and he was arrested for not a hunting license. The charges were eventually dropped, and he even kept a sense of humor about the entire ordeal although it did involve a visit to the Wing Commander's office!

I "removed" a hornet's next at a private range using a blank a few years ago, it disintegrated without a trace and this was from several feet away!

Even when I use Ramset rounds in my Heritage Rough Rider revolvers, I always treat the pistol as if it was loaded with regular ammo.

You can never be too safe around firearms!

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    This is probably fake.

1634913977895.png

Last edited:

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    How about they need to be held to the same level of accountability as someone who kills someone in some other gun related act of fuckery that was not an intentional homicide?
    Well, that's different. Libs are always conflating stuff. The Kenosha kid they accuse of murder, for instance. The punishment needs to fit the actual crime.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Well, that's different. Libs are always conflating stuff. The Kenosha kid they accuse of murder, for instance. The punishment needs to fit the actual crime.

Agreed. The DA needs to drop all charges against Kyle Rittenhouse, and file charges on the surviving child-molesting felon who was in possession of a Glock, who was trying to kill him.

Top Bottom