• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    I read a story (sorry, dont remember where), very soon after the incident, that among other issues on the set, it was open knowledge (from Baldwin on down to the incompetent armorer) that crewmembers were using the prop guns (and live ammo) during breaks and weekends to plink and shoot targets. Apparently NO ONE put a stop to this (Baldwin as producer, hence his culpability, and the armorer as the individual in charge of the guns, hence her incompetence in not knowing the difference between live and simulated ammo). I hope they both suffer jail time and upon release, the husband sues Baldwin into oblivion.
    ARJ Defense ad

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Sarah Zackery, the prop master, got a sweetheart deal from the prosecution. The prosecution gave her immunity to testify, but I did not feel that her testimony contributed much to the prosecution’s case.
    After the shooting Hannah unloaded the firearm and gave the rounds to Sarah. Apparently, Sarah dropped the spent casing on the armors cart and threw away the other five rounds in the trash. She then unloaded the other two prop pistols from the scene and threw those dummy rounds away also. She did not tell the police about throwing them away until two weeks or so after the shooting.

So there might’ve even been more than just the one live round, in the scene, but she threw away that evidence.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I read a story (sorry, dont remember where), very soon after the incident, that among other issues on the set, it was open knowledge (from Baldwin on down to the incompetent armorer) that crewmembers were using the prop guns (and live ammo) during breaks and weekends to plink and shoot targets. Apparently NO ONE put a stop to this (Baldwin as producer, hence his culpability, and the armorer as the individual in charge of the guns, hence her incompetence in not knowing the difference between live and simulated ammo). I hope they both suffer jail time and upon release, the husband sues Baldwin into oblivion.
    I read the same article back in the beginning, but no evidence of this came out in court whatsoever.

If that prosecutor had any type of evidence, even suggesting that, she would’ve brought that into court.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The report is still on wiki:

According to a statement given to TheWrap by an anonymous insider, several crew members took a number of prop guns off-set that day, including the firearm involved in the incident, to pass the time shooting at beer cans with live ammunition.[36] After a lunch break, the prop guns had been returned.[36]

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Sarah Zackery, the prop master, got a sweetheart deal from the prosecution. The prosecution gave her immunity to testify, but I did not feel that her testimony contributed much to the prosecution’s case.
    After the shooting Hannah unloaded the firearm and gave the rounds to Sarah. Apparently, Sarah dropped the spent casing on the armors cart and threw away the other five rounds in the trash. She then unloaded the other two prop pistols from the scene and threw those dummy rounds away also. She did not tell the police about throwing them away until two weeks or so after the shooting.

So there might’ve even been more than just the one live round, in the scene, but she threw away that evidence.

Wow tampering with evidence does not get much worse than that.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The Armorer was just found guilty of manslaughter
    Not guilty of evidence tampering, tho? She literately did that :laughing:
    If she is guilty of manslaughter then whoever hired her is as well. Should have hired someone competent instead of some green haired hippy.

I've had a feeling from the start they were going to hang the whole thing on her and let Baldwin off. I guess we'll know for sure in July.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    One former druggie claims armorer gave her a bag to hold with a white powder, no definitive proof that armorer used illegal drugs.
    They did have texts that they presented that she got high the night before.
    The film crew worked Wednesday through Sunday and have Monday and Tuesdays off work. Apparently she got high Tuesday night, but apparently recreational marijuana is legal in New Mexico.

I did miss the testimony of the previous cocaine addict friend.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    It looks like they were going after the three people who handled that firearm on that day.

The assistant Director took the plea deal, which makes him the smartest one of them all

I thought enough information/evidence was presented in this trial that they could have a very good case against Alec Baldwin. Let’s see if they (prosecution/DA ) offer him a plea deal now, or if they want to go all in on a verdict.

Since the armorer is now a convicted felon, her career is over since she won’t be able to be around or handle firearms anymore.

If Alec gets convicted of the felony also, I would imagine that would end most of his action movie roles, unless they want to use a whole lot of CGI.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    She was acquitted of that charge
    It was my understanding that the prosecution wanted that charge so they could introduce her drug use into the trial for the jury to hear about. The defense tried to get the drug charge, put into another trial, but the judge would not have that.

Pretty sure the prosecution was never planning on a conviction of the tampering charge.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    It looks like they were going after the three people who handled that firearm on that day.

The assistant Director took the plea deal, which makes him the smartest one of them all

I thought enough information/evidence was presented in this trial that they could have a very good case against Alec Baldwin. Let’s see if they (prosecution/DA ) offer him a plea deal now, or if they want to go all in on a verdict.

Since the armorer is now a convicted felon, her career is over since she won’t be able to be around or handle firearms anymore.

If Alec gets convicted of the felony also, I would imagine that would end most of his action movie roles, unless they want to use a whole lot of CGI.
    Would a non-functioning "prop" gun be illegal for a felon to handle?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It was my understanding that the prosecution wanted that charge so they could introduce her drug use into the trial for the jury to hear about. The defense tried to get the drug charge, put into another trial, but the judge would not have that.

Pretty sure the prosecution was never planning on a conviction of the tampering charge.

Yeah I have never heard of trying to "flush the evidence" being considered a tampering with evidence offense.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Would a non-functioning "prop" gun be illegal for a felon to handle?
    I would not think that a prop gun would be illegal for them to handle.

Definitely a question for a lawyer if they can even be around “access to” real firearms in the setting of what you would have with a movie set

Top Bottom