• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A person who allegedly witnessed the fatal incident has since come forward to detail what happened. According to the witness, it was one bullet, potentially real ammunition, that discharged from the gun during the accident.https://www.dailywire.com/news/report-eyewitness-details-alec-baldwin-shooting-incident-says-actor-asked-why-he-was-given-a-hot-gun

“[T]he bullet went straight through the body of DP Halyna Hutchins and into the clavicle of the film’s director Joel Souza,” said a report from Showbiz411. “Very quickly the set was locked down. Ambulance and helicopters arrived. Hutchins and Souza were sent straight to the hospital. Hutchins died en route in a helicopter.”

The deniability starts...

The witness said the 63-year-old actor repeatedly asked why he was given a “hot gun.” As noted by the outlet, a “hot gun” is a gun with real ammunition. “In all my years, I’ve never been handed a hot gun,” Baldwin reportedly said.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm gonna say I didn't point toy guns at my kids and shoot them. They didn't play with toy guns, I didn't allow it, but they did learn to shoot real guns, I made sure of it.
    Well theres your problem. Turned you into a know it all arshole Sir William Michael Duke of skippy.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Wonder if we will ever know the true story.

-that “prop gun” had misfired a day or two prior to the incident

-union crew members were replaced with non-union locals that morning

-regardless of his status as an actor, Baldwin was also Exec Producer for the project

Wanna know my guess?

They needed footage of Baldwin pointing the gun at the camera lens. They should’ve done it safely with everyone behind the camera walking to a spot behind Baldwin but out of frame. Unfortunately, not one of them knew anything about safe gun handling.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    From what I understand such filming is done with lexan shielding. Would it stop real rounds?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    -that “prop gun” had misfired a day or two prior to the incident

-union crew members were replaced with non-union locals that morning

-regardless of his status as an actor, Baldwin was also Exec Producer for the project

Wanna know my guess?

They needed footage of Baldwin pointing the gun at the camera lens. They should’ve done it safely with everyone behind the camera walking to a spot behind Baldwin but out of frame. Unfortunately, not one of them knew anything about safe gun handling.
    After the Brandon Lee incident, there were a number of rules that are supposed to be imposed on movie sets. Everyone that handles a firearm is supposed to inspect it before use, even the actor. So Baldwin's asking who handed him a 'hot gun' tells me, he didn't check it as he and others were supposed to. Sounds like inexperienced people were used after the walk out, but that doesn't excuse Baldwin.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    FB_IMG_1634948296074.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    One thing comes to mind: independent films are generally done on a shoestring budget. If it’s true that IATSE union workers were replaced with non-union workers, all safety protocols the union folks have probably went away unless they were replacing with talent that could command the union membership/pay, so I’m guessing the amateur/B-string got brought in. Recipe for disaster.

Also known as the swiss cheese theory in Human Factors. Once all the holes lined up, there was no stopping the incident. None of that excuses what happened, just goes to possibly explain it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    One thing comes to mind: independent films are generally done on a shoestring budget. If it’s true that IATSE union workers were replaced with non-union workers, all safety protocols the union folks have probably went away unless they were replacing with talent that could command the union membership/pay, so I’m guessing the amateur/B-string got brought in. Recipe for disaster.

Also known as the swiss cheese theory in Human Factors. Once all the holes lined up, there was no stopping the incident. None of that excuses what happened, just goes to possibly explain it.

Union or non-Union, no actual ammunition should have been on the set.

Top Bottom