• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    This isn't the "Rifles" section....goofballs. It's rants and raves.

COLT sucks obama pooter hole

What AR do I use? I make my own. I use only the best mag wheels off a 1969 chevy for alloy. The barrel is made from the finest steel I can rob off the rail road yard.
    Hurley's Gold

xd.40

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    dallas tx
    "This isn't the "Rifles" section....goofballs. It's rants and raves. "

^ hahaha! the man has a point.... carry on my man!

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I had a Walmart colt ar... It worked about as well as my hi point pistol does. Shoots 2 jams 2... Repeat thru entire magazine. Sold it for more than I paid so I won't complain... Much... Big quality control issues...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I kid you not.

There was a reserve unit working along with us at the time. One soldier had a genuine Slick side M16A1. Three prong FH, Tri handguard. I don't even remember it having a forward assist.

Now that was a POS and it was brand stinking new. Not a single scratch on it. Never saw a rice patty for sure. Must have been from one of those "Museum/arms room". I'm sure the armorer took home the waffle mags.(I would have)

Uncle sam pulls every piece of junk he has when crap hits the fan.

The people of the USA should feel safe and snug knowing COLTS on the job.....Lord knows i do. *Rubs stock pile of ammo*

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Dewd, I did. Anything that doesn't have a gay prancing pony, with it's pecker hanging out.

Think of everything not made by Colt. Add 2, then subtract 2. Whats left? Not Colt.

My back up to my statement? Being issued the POS for combat duty. Lugging one, every single day. having and seeing more then one go "Click" instead of "bang"

Seeing more then one, blow the hell up. Walking as close to the machine gunner as I could...why? CUZ Colt SUCKS a HUGE ONE.

Maintenance issues. The military is horrible about maintaining their rifles and carbines. Shit, they don't even lubricate them right.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I do believe you may have just ruined Colt for me. After reading this thread, how is anyone ever supposed to look at a Colt anything again without first thinking, gas ass prancing pony with it's pecker hanging out.

I carried an M-16 in combat, but now I won't be able to walk past a single action army at a gun show without smiling to myself while thinking about this phrase. It's gonna be like that song you can't get out of your head.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Is Colt the best AR on the market? No. They're what I consider the minimum benchmark for an AR. They make a GOOD AR, but there are ARs that, unlike the Colts which take some poor maintenance to get malfunctions, will malfunction right out of the box. Among them are Model 1 Sales and Bushmaster.

I've seen a ton of Colts at the range, and haven't even HEARD of one breaking a bolt. Can't say the same for Model 1. Never heard of a Colt having the front sight mounted crooked. Seen it on Model 1.

The horse on my Trooper doesn't have any "gear" showing.

Nasa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2011
    WCR Kat Ranch, Texas
    Can't say what weapon is best. Haven't used a Colt since Nam. Have a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 sport modified a bit. Hit bulls-eye consistently at 50 and 100 yards. S&W for pistols also, Mossbergs for my shotguns. Have had a lot of firearms through the years. First things first. Break it down clean it well and oil it. Check the magazines as well. Don't blame cheap ammo for flaws with the weapon. Everybody has a favorite and some have a hatred. Some like em plump, some like en skinny, some like em naked and some would say put you clothes back on. It's all a matter of taste, what is available and how much money you have to spend. Speaking of money, I headed to the Gun Show tomorrow in CowTown.

Top Bottom