• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BT1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    USA
    The facts were stated. Perhaps you should stick to the original point and get off your never-ending self-appointed mission of lecturing everybody on this forum. Any cop that "throws" a lawful CHL's gun around the back of his trunk woud be a jackass.

Before you go calling people you don't even know names based on a not informative one-sided account of what happened, perhaps you should learn some facts.
    Venture Surplus ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The facts were stated. Perhaps you should stick to the original point and get off your never-ending self-appointed mission of lecturing everybody on this forum. Any cop that "throws" a lawful CHL's gun around the back of his trunk woud be a jackass.

I see you don't like it dished out to YOU. If you would have read the rest of the thread you would have seen that the officer did not literally "throw" the handgun into the trunk. But don't let facts keep you from jumping to conclusions.

BT1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    USA
    I see you don't like it dished out to YOU. If you would have read the rest of the thread you would have seen that the officer did not literally "throw" the handgun into the trunk. But don't let facts keep you from jumping to conclusions.

Actually, another poster stated that the original poster didn't literally mean that the gun was thrown.

“I might be upset if he actually "threw" my firearm, but I think you meant it more as a figure of speech.”

You merely jumped on that conclusion and ran with it. Of course, you would have seen this as well had your read the entire thread.

So, I'll let you throw another barb and we'll end the sparring for this thread.

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    I still don't get the trunk mess. I've been pulled over a time or two, sometimes got a ticket others I didn't. I have been disarmed by the officer on occasion, but he has always returned the handgun to me. Personal preference I guess.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I still don't get the trunk mess. I've been pulled over a time or two, sometimes got a ticket others I didn't. I have been disarmed by the officer on occasion, but he has always returned the handgun to me. Personal preference I guess.

It's a great way to search the trunk of the car when the LEO didn't have probable cause\permission.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    When the LEO asks you to open the trumk so he can put the gun in there, a simple "I can just put it here in the cab' should suffice. No requirement to open the trunk.
    I still can't get past the cop car with flames on it. LMAO....constables.....what can I say?

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    wait...

the constable was in the charger with the paint job?

YES, the COP CAR HAD THE FLAMES. Wow, I guess my sentence was hard to comprehend. There is no way in hell I would be caught driving anything with flames unless it were physically on fire.

It was a black charger with red flames and a ton of red/blue lights once it pulled me over. Haha.

It was kind of funny when he asked me if I had any other firearms in the car...I was like..."I Think that's all I have. I hope" hahah. I like to keep an AK in the trunk if i'm just going to work and back...where i'm only 10ft from my vehicle at all times.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Officers have the legal authority and training in disarming CHL holder's guns. They do not get any training in giving them back. I would not feel 100% comfortable giving anyone a loaded gun. Is putting it in the trunk a "reasonable" way of dealing with the situation? I think so. It is a far cry from the treatment the guy got in Austin where APD put his gun next to a fire hydrant and drove off.

"Could" someone use that as a back handed way of getting into the trunk? Sure. I don't know about Bexar County Constables, but Travis County has some goobers.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    i would probably not open my trunk for anyone especially a Bexar Co. constable, who I thought was trying to sneak a peek in my trunk.

I doubt it was their DARE car. I cant find a Bexar County Constable that has a DARE program. More than likely some knucklehead Constable wanting to look cool on the southside of SA. Our constables here have to provide their own car!!! Crazy...

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Officers have the legal authority and training in disarming CHL holder's guns. They do not get any training in giving them back. I would not feel 100% comfortable giving anyone a loaded gun. Is putting it in the trunk a "reasonable" way of dealing with the situation? I think so. It is a far cry from the treatment the guy got in Austin where APD put his gun next to a fire hydrant and drove off.

"Could" someone use that as a back handed way of getting into the trunk? Sure. I don't know about Bexar County Constables, but Travis County has some goobers.

Shit, head to Corpus if you want some goobers. I'm terrified to get pulled over there...half of them have no business being police officers. I bet I would've been in a far worst situation if I got stopped carrying down there.

Texascop2, where are you located? I'm on the southside near military drive and 35

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    it was a black charger with red flames.
    lol+wut+pear.jpg

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Shit, head to Corpus if you want some goobers. I'm terrified to get pulled over there...half of them have no business being police officers. I bet I would've been in a far worst situation if I got stopped carrying down there.

Texascop2, where are you located? I'm on the southside near military drive and 35
    Deep in Atascosa County...
    Bexar County Constables have raised many an eyebrow...

Farmboy Marine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Bryan, TX
    YES, the COP CAR HAD THE FLAMES.... There is no way in hell I would be caught driving anything with flames unless it were physically on fire.

How in the name of all that's holy did you keep a straight face? I would have laughed and laughed, and then asked to see his badge to make sure this wasn't a joke.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I try to be the nicest, most compliant bastard I can be when I get pulled over...I don't have much money at all to spare, especially not for tickets...

Now we'll see if it gets me out of any motorcycle speeding HAHA

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I started a thread last year about getting pulled over by an Arizonan State Trooper between Sedona & Phoenix for going 90 mph (down side of a mountain). I had my little Sig 380 so I handed the trooper my CHL with my DL. He asked if I had my weapon with me & I said yes sir. He went back to his cruiser and a very short time later came back, handed me my cards & said "thanks for taking responsibility for your own protection" (those words). He asked me to slow down had me sign a warning & I was back on the road.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    just got stopped

I as on call so had to go out, comming back from smithvile and the dps was rolling in the granny lane, at 45mph and the limit is 65mph. So i was hammer down unitll the mook in the new hummer3cuts me off. And did see the cop untill he was right next to him. A natch he jams on the brakes and i had to hit mine,(jake brakes are not allowed in city limits) so i am all up in his bumper He gets by and i get popped. (TROOPER PALMER) came up on the passenger side handed him my cdl-chl. asked
    if i had the heateri said yes vacated the truck he took the 1911 from me, and ran the number,while the trainer talked to me. I cannot express enough (THEY WERE SOME OF THE GOOD GUYS AND POLITE)the cpl said he liked the rock, the ran the number walked
    it to the truck sat it in the passenger seat,and told me i could load and holster it when the left, and a warning for following to close. So the chl set me free

AmirFazadh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Texas
    Haven't been stopped yet while carrying, but I am cognizant that it is a seriously crazy world out there...and the LEO's I meet, I try to befriend. I talked to some at the range, and asked how to handle a stop. They told me to expect to be disarmed during the stop, which is fine, I understand the safety of the situation from the officer's POV. Getting the weapon back is another story. There is no established protocol, that I have been made aware of, for getting your weapon back. Nothing standardized, anyway. They COULD make you go to the station and pick it up at Property if they wished. I asked one of the LEO's how he does it, and he said it depends on how he feels about the person he stopped. If he knows them, he'll give it back to them. If he doesn't, he said he'll put it under the seat behind the driver, with the mag on the opposite side of the car. Never heard the trunk method, but I guess it makes sense. Never heard the hydrant method either, but that smacks of irresponsibility- what if a hood rat was nearby and ran by and snatched it before the owner could???

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom