• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Howdy folks! New here, and not a frequent user of forums so I apologize if I'm bringing up a question whilst beating a dead horse with it.

Puzzling question crossed my mind earlier and I cannot seem to squeeze out an answer with my fledgling googlefu. I am a LTC holder here in the greatest state in the planet. Suppose I am in public, open carrying, but do not have an ID on my person while not breaking any laws, would being in possession of a firearm then be considered unlawful? Would this change if I were driving and pulled over for a traffic infraction?

I cannot find anything requiring identification to carry a firearm, just simply being qualified (ie. Of age, good legal standing, not in violation of 30.06, 30.07, 30.08. Etc). We are also not required to provide LTC.

If I am driving to the store and have my firearm and forget my wallet and am stopped for speeding, is there a greater implication?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here, TIA.
    <>

Welcome to TGT.

Unfortunately, many things depend on the current D A in the place you were stopped in.

<>
    Military Camp

Top Bottom