• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Any answer I would give, if I give one at all, would be in my own words based upon my own thoughts and will not be based on the ideas of others - not even gun gurus like Ayoob or Hackathorn. I am an adult, I can think for myself and speak for myself without rehashing what either of them think (no disrespect to either) to explain myself. Chances are though, I'd not give an answer if the questioner was being antagonistic or if I anticipated a verbal confrontation was about to erupt. If I wanted to have some fun, I might tell a confrontational person I want another AR-15 to shoot all the 5.56x45mm ammo I have when the first one gets too hot. On the other hand, if someone like a new shooter or someone considering home defense for the first time was politely seeking knowledge as to the pluses or minuses of owning an AR, I probably would choose to be helpful.

There could be many different reasons, in addition to the two I just mentioned for someone to ask why someone would want an AR15. Until I had an idea of their reason(s) for asking, I'd not jump to the conclusion that the OP seems to have arrived, that anyone asking has no business to do so.

If asked why I WANT an AR-15 I would simply reply 'why do you ask the question?' It is none of their business, etc.

Of course, if it was Santa Claus asking me - I'd tell him so he could join me at the range after Christmas and if he did so, I'd let him use the one he left under the tree and I'd supply the ammo, head set, shooting glasses and range fees (after all Santa has been very nice to me over the last several decades).

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    The failure to comprehend the 2nd Amendment runs deep!

I wonder if the Founding Fathers felt obligated to explain why they had guns?
    Even though only explained in 13 words (was it a coincidence that there were 13 original states), the Framer's (some of whom were Founding fathers - but not all) felt it necessary to explain why we had the right to keep & bear arms and they also felt it necessary to assure that right was the law of the land. Thus the RKBA was written into the Bill of Rights, enumerated as the 2nd Amendment within the Bill of Rights, and prefaced with the following words before the right itself was stated:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State...

There is no doubt in my mind they phrased it that way (in effect explaining themselves and why we had the right) to assure the people would have the ability to overthrow a tyrannical government just as had been done not too many years before. There is also no doubt in my mind that they had or at least had thought they had assured the RKBA could not be abolished nor the amendment repealed by way of them adding a few words after stating the right:

...shall not be infringed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Even though only explained in 13 words (was it a coincidence that there were 13 original states), the Framer's (some of whom were Founding fathers - but not all) felt it necessary to explain why we had the right to keep & bear arms and they also felt it necessary to assure that right was the law of the land. Thus the RKBA was written into the Bill of Rights, enumerated as the 2nd Amendment within the Bill of Rights, and prefaced with the following words before the right itself was stated:

There is no doubt in my mind they phrased it that way to assure the people would have the ability to overthrow a tyrannical government just as had been done not too many years before. There is also no doubt in my mind that they had or at least had thought they had assured the RKBA could not be abolished nor the amendment repealed by way of them adding a few words after stating the right:
    Flew right over your head Glenn! I was being rhetorical and sarcastic with the second sentence!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Flew right over your head Glenn! I was being rhetorical and sarcastic with the second sentence!
    Amazing how you always seemingly need to get personal, when someone makes a reasonable post in an intelligent and courteous manner, and then you have no way to express yourself except to resort to personal attacks.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Amazing how you always seemingly need to get personal, when someone makes a reasonable post in an intelligent and courteous manner, and then you have no way to express yourself except to resort to personal attacks.
    Amazing you can't comprehend sarcasm and humor, and want to take what everyone posts as literal instead of as figure of speech.

Wasn't personal Glenn, that would imply I actually cared for what you have to say. Just strictly an observation and opinion of your post.

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    I'd probably say that my five slot guitar stand is empty when all of my guitars are in their cases. But, the stand is still there taking up floor space so I need it to hold something. Yes, I know, it can only hold five at a time, but I can rotate them in and out to keep the it looking fresh. Is'a niceee.
    8a88b72c9fe971bd158855dd505baa0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Amazing you can't comprehend sarcasm and humor, and want to take what everyone posts as literal instead of as figure of speech.

Wasn't personal Glenn, that would imply I actually cared for what you have to say. Just strictly an observation and opinion of your post.

The two of you need to get a room already! LOL!!! :what:

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I usually reply with something along the lines of “for situations where an AR15 is necessary” and leave it at that.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    What agency are you with again?
    LOL.

Retired so it does not matter but since you asked :rolleyes:, I was with the Border Patrol, Customs Patrol, Customs Office of Investigations & Homeland Security Investigations and had temporary assignments to the Secret Service and Federal Air Marshals - always border related and never was with ATF/BATFE. I promise, really, I am retired. :popcorn:

• Haha
    Reactions: gll

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I have been asked this question, not by weirdo liberals or any gov/ATF agent. I was asked this by a good friend with questionable and weird politics. I can never guess where he will be on a specific issue.

My response was -
    It's not a question of whether I want or need anything, it's my constitutional right and i don't have to justify it.

It was accepted. There are going to be times when we will have to articulate reasons why we are pro gun.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom