If you can't read I'm not selling you a gun (or anything else).

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I swear it's almost not worth it posting anything for sale online due to the high number of morons who haven't figured out how to read a description. Here are two questions about a HOLSTER I have for sale, and my responses to them:

Moron 1: R u selling gun I'm interested

Me: Dear semi-litterate moron- Does the ad say I'm selling a fucking gun?

Moron 2: What's the brand of holster?

Me: It says "Gaselle" in the ad. Did you bother to read it or am I going to have to drive to your house and read it for you?

The first one is interesting because 1.) The ad shows two different guns in the holster, and 2.) The price is $50.

That's right. He not only can't tell the difference between a Glock 27 and Glock 23 (even though they are both mentioned by name in the ad), he thinks I'd be willing to sell them for $50.

Not being able to comprehend simple instructions is all the proof I need that you DON'T need to handle a firearm.
    Capitol Armory ad

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    We get this at work.

"I saw this car on your website, what year is it?" That's on the website. "How many miles does it have?" That's on the website. "Does it have leather and air conditioning?" On. The. Website. "How much are you asking?" You know, I'm starting to think you didn't actually see this car on the website.

Thankfully, I don't have to deal with that; I just hear the stories from the salesman.

I do have to deal with the people who walk up to the door that obviously leads into a workshop area (cars in the air, engines on the ground - this is what we call "a clue"). Same door also has a big yellow sign: "Authorized personnel only." I try to keep it locked, but sometimes other employees use it, and some would-be customer will wander in and ask me how much a car in the lot is. Fffffuuuuuu.... The office door is 10 feet away from where you walked in, and is a much nicer entryway. When it is locked, people will walk up, looking right at the sign that tells them not to come in this door, pull the door handle, shake the door like it's sticky, then lean in and peer inside like they expect we've gone out of business or something.

At least I don't have the problem like the last shop where people would bypass the obvious parking lot with its painted stripes defining parking spots and park RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SHOP DOORS!* I don't know how they managed to do this, but the vast majority of the times this happened, I was either about to pull a car out or in, and they'd be up in the office by the time I could catch up.

*Seriously, don't be a pain in the ass by doing this crap. It's like parking your car in the middle of a drive through to go inside and order at the counter. Find a parking space.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Sounds like you're having the same experience I have when selling items on Craigslist. I certainly screen buyers based on their perceived intelligence quotients.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Sounds like you're having the same experience I have when selling items on Craigslist. I certainly screen buyers based on their perceived intelligence quotients.

I trade and sell many things on numerous sites and also end up ignoring most inquiries , because of the lack of reading. It amazes me that these people can even navigate their way through the internet.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would guess this is becoming more of a problem because of all the people posting adds trying to bypass the no firearms rule.

As in posting a holster for sale with a gun in it for $500.

They aught to be able to figure it out by the price though.

Last edited:

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Had some sax stands on Craigslist with inquiries on how many trumpets it would hold, how much do they cost (in the ad title and the ad), etc. pretty frustrating.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You guys don't have shit on me.

Try remodeling an open McDonalds.

Do not, I repeat, do not come between a fat person and their Big Mac.

It is all a part of doing business and most people are idiots.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Had similar experiences selling on Thrifty Nickel ads as well People just can't read or maybe hoping when ad say $500.00 you'll forget and say you want $400 for it. Can't fix stupid! Other thing that gets my goat is when I'm the buyer and you send email trying to buy a gun that just hit the web site and you never even get a reply that's it sold. At least be courteous enough to reply.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    I had the same thing happen on Craigslist with a scope. I wondered if it was Librtards trying to get people banned or have their ads closed.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I always play dumb when buying on the net, make em repeat their cost (hopefully they'll say something lower). Make them repeat what they are selling, (see if they can keep their story straight)
    If they respond differently, I'll pursue that.

People are idiots and half the time don't even know what they're selling.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I always play dumb when buying on the net, make em repeat their cost (hopefully they'll say something lower). Make them repeat what they are selling, (see if they can keep their story straight)

So YOUR the one.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

Do you do that to ads you see even if you are not a serious buyer?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom