Hurley's Gold

If you can't read I'm not selling you a gun (or anything else).

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Do you do that to ads you see even if you are not a serious buyer?

I am entertained by the game, I have done this to car salesmen just to see what they'll do. No I haven't screwed with anyone here.

Fortunately most of my piss and vinegar is used up at work since I am a purchasing agent.

He vast Majority of my online purchasing was dealing with morons. It's all cya.

Last edited:

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I'm sorry that happened to your brother. The seller is not exempt from responsibility. Your brother should have negotiated a price before driving 2 hours.

He did. That's what's so shitty. The buyer didn't honor the negotiated price and tried to low ball him once he arrived.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Another annoyance is when they ask you to meet and end up assuming that since you drove, you'll just want to accept their offer and get on with it. This happened to my brother last year. Some guy wanted to buy his truck so Ben drove all of the two hours to the guy's house, the guy offered $2000 less than what they agreed on and wouldn't take any less, and my brother didn't say a word and drove right back. Definitely among one of the most inconsiderate things a person can do.

The last time I sold a car person-to-person, I asked for a deposit to be Paypal'ed to me in advance. I told him it was refundable if he wanted to back out of the deal but not after I'd already left to drive the car out to him. Buyer had a certified bank check waiting for me for the full amount when I drove the car to him. Though I will say that this was back in the day before Paypal's extremely pro-buyer policies went into effect; I wouldn't use Paypal again as a shady buyer is one click away from getting his back no matter the agreed-upon terms and conditions made prior.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I went thru hell trying to sell my Remington 700.. One guy offered me $125 for it... Another wanted to trade me the frame of a Gokart.. Another asked if I would take 300 and do payments... Another wanted to trade his basic ruger 10/22 straight up for it. About a month of constant crap and finally got a cool old guy who wanted to trade me his cosmetically battered Winchester 70 in heavy barrel 243 for my newly refinished 700 in .270.

Until then, it was freakin idiot after idiot asking stupid questions that have been answered in the ad (preaching to the choir here..) and making stupid offers that no one in their right mind would entertain.

I'm tired of having to deal with the retardation our society seems to keep pumping out and accepting it as the norm..

That's why I come here :)

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Yikes. In that case, I'm really sorry.

That was last year so no worries. He ended up giving it back to my dad to put in the business's fleet of trucks.

It's currently in the shop for "repairs" lol

8556_10151485721651288_1579045815_n.jpg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I agree but it also depends on the merchandise. He was in an agreement with the guy and he didn't honor it. Not to mention a truck is somewhat of a bigger investment than gun parts. Still, two hours is too far if the buyer doesn't have cash in hand.

Then that brings me back to another rule: NEVER sell anything to friends unless you are either willing to swallow some bullshit in order to save the friendship or are willing to be VERY upfront and uncompromising about the conditions of the sale.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Then that brings me back to another rule: NEVER sell anything to friends unless you are either willing to swallow some bullshit in order to save the friendship or are willing to be VERY upfront and uncompromising about the conditions of the sale.

Very true. I would rather be a dick and stay firm in my business if needed than be a pushover and have it lead to unwanted argument.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Tell me about it. I haven't seen my brother that mad in quite some time lol I guess the ignorance of some people will never change :mad:

That's another thing, I NEVER, meet someone half way. As a seller, unless its bass pro and I wouldn't mind spending a little while wandering around...

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston

Depends on the friend. A good friend wouldn't put you through any BS and try to use their friend status to ultimately screw you over.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The office door is 10 feet away from where you walked in, and is a much nicer entryway. When it is locked, people will walk up, looking right at the sign that tells them not to come in this door, pull the door handle, shake the door like it's sticky, then lean in and peer inside like they expect we've gone out of business or something.

I once saw a guy start pulling, then shaking, then pounding and cursing at the street entrance of Half Price Books on Broadway. That door has been locked for at least 15 years that I know of. I wonder if anyone who works there even has a key to it anymore.

He looked inside at the customers like we were a bunch of assholes for not sharing our magic powers with him.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I once saw a guy start pulling, then shaking, then pounding and cursing at the street entrance of Half Price Books on Broadway. That door has been locked for at least 15 years that I know of. I wonder if anyone who works there even has a key to it anymore.

He looked inside at the customers like we were a bunch of assholes for not sharing our magic powers with him.

I would have paid to see that.
    One time I went to whataburger and witnessed a guy having a meltdown because the "fat assed b***h at the counter" was taking too "blah"ing long with his order. He ranted for about five minutes until the manager (300lb Mexican gentleman) and the cook (300lb black gentleman) calmly confronted him and told him to calm the "blah" down. He was highly inebriated so it was no wonder he was being so belligerent. It was basically the highlight of my night.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    One time I went to whataburger and witnessed a guy having a meltdown because the "fat assed b***h at the counter" was taking too "blah"ing long with his order. He ranted for about five minutes until the manager (300lb Mexican gentleman) and the cook (300lb black gentleman) calmly confronted him and told him to calm the "blah" down. He was highly inebriated so it was no wonder he was being so belligerent. It was basically the highlight of my night.

I'm glad that alcohol makes me into the opposite of that. I can't even imagine getting angry when I'm drinking.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    When I was selling cell phones, I had a guy and his wife walk in. you could tell he was pissed. He said his phone magically stopped working. So I looked at it, and it was soo wet it had water dripping out of it. So I told him dude, it's soaked, you're going to need to buy another phone (I was nicer than that). He blew up, blaming everything from George W Bush to me for ruining his life, because his phone broke.

Anyway, at one point, they start leaving, he takes his flip phone and breaks it in half, and tosses them at his wife. And that is when the fight started. She didn't like that, and proceeded to whoop his butt. I started the call the cops by opted not to. (this guy was much bigger than his wife) because she knocked the snot out of him, and had him in the truck grovelling in short order.

By far the most interesting interaction I've ever seen while working retail.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    When I was selling cell phones, I had a guy and his wife walk in. you could tell he was pissed. He said his phone magically stopped working. So I looked at it, and it was soo wet it had water dripping out of it. So I told him dude, it's soaked, you're going to need to buy another phone (I was nicer than that). He blew up, blaming everything from George W Bush to me for ruining his life, because his phone broke.

Anyway, at one point, they start leaving, he takes his flip phone and breaks it in half, and tosses them at his wife. And that is when the fight started. She didn't like that, and proceeded to whoop his butt. I started the call the cops by opted not to. (this guy was much bigger than his wife) because she knocked the snot out of him, and had him in the truck grovelling in short order.

By far the most interesting interaction I've ever seen while working retail.

I wonder who wears the pants in that relationship haha but seriously, who breaks their phone in half and throws that bitch at their wife :confused: some people..

Top Bottom