Patriot Mobile

Illegals Cost Taxpayers $113 Billion a Year: Why Does No One Care?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Perhaps it is Mexico's corrupt political structure that makes it impossible for a new party gain any power or a super concentration of wealth beyond what Americans can imagine or extremly bad education system that keeps people uneducated or any other number of social dilemnas that keep that country in 3rd world status.

I mean we cant fix our problems and we are eons ahead of where they are. So how can we point fingers?

Painting with that broad brush will bite you.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Well maybe we should keep out all of the immigrant out until we fix our problems here. With unemployment at 20% for Americans, we should try get American working then if we have more jobs we can start opening our country to people that can benefit this great country.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I don't believe in amnesty. I think that citizenship is something to be desired, something to be earned. A requirement for being an American citizen should be the ability to carry on a conversation in the English language. If that means that a person has to work hard at learning the language of the land, then so be it. It just makes citizenship that much sweeter when it's earned.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    correct...the illegals come here for money, but the corporations would have to spend alot more than 113 billion if they had to pay minimum wage and benfits to all those illegals working under the table. that having been said I dont care what it costs, we need to have control of our border. if it means my 79 cent head of lettuce becomes $1.50...then so be it.

and i see the illegals in ihops and denny's from time to time so dont think that doesnt play a role as well.

The costs of illegal immigration is payed for (mostly) by social programs (welfare, education, public educations, public hospitals, and police services). Not by the copanies that benefit from the cheap labor.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You guys want to know the truth? It is about money, but not how you think. Google 'U.S. oil imports' and see which two countries top the list. Now think about NAFTA and why something so stupid was allowed to happen. We must please these two countries (Canada and Mexico) to keep all of the oil we need coming in. It isn't about $1.50 heads of lettuce, it is about $15 gallons of gas.

Our country would go through some hard times if we closed down the borders, including immigration and import/ export of goods, but we would be so much stronger as a nation in the end. I am willing to make that sacrifice, but most people wouldn't.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Illegals work harder and for less money than teenagers do. Kids these days, I tell you, they feel so self entitled...

Meanwhile, my kid can't find a job because the minimum wage has limited hiring and he has to compete with illegals for the few remaining jobs. At least he is a straight A student. I'll be supporting my kids until they are 30.

My dad retired with almost nothing because he had to compete with companies employing illegals in the construction industry.

My oldest almost died from meningitus because there was a line of illegals in front of us at the ER. I had to get loud and make a scene to get him seen. His fever was 106.

I used to check out groceries while working through college. Almost daily, non English speaking people would buy their groceries with foodstamps and then pull out a wad of $100 bills to pay for their cigarettes and beer.

I've lost 6 friends to drunk drivers over the years. Five of them were killed by illegals.

We need to get rid of illegals yesterday!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Dear Illegal Aliens:

I am also not a fan of amnesty. If you are here illegally, you have already demonstrated a pure disregard for our laws. Why would I give you the right to be a citizen of our fine country?

I am, however, a fan of streamlining the process for you to become a citizen here - provided you come here and adhere to the laws and regulations we all live by. Citizenship comes with some cost though. You will have to pay taxes, fees, and live by the rules just like the rest of us... for a probationary period - or we can pull your citizenship and boot your ass back to wherever you came from.

This will of course NEVER work... because ti makes too much actual sense.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Dear Illegal Aliens:

I am also not a fan of amnesty. If you are here illegally, you have already demonstrated a pure disregard for our laws. Why would I give you the right to be a citizen of our fine country?

I am, however, a fan of streamlining the process for you to become a citizen here - provided you come here and adhere to the laws and regulations we all live by. Citizenship comes with some cost though. You will have to pay taxes, fees, and live by the rules just like the rest of us... for a probationary period - or we can pull your citizenship and boot your ass back to wherever you came from.

This will of course NEVER work... because ti makes too much actual sense.

I like that.
    Common sense approach. Too bad our politicians have no f***ing common sense!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Actually, it is only about money.
    They come here for work and a better life.

Businesses hire them for several reasons: they are cheap and they actually do their jobs.

Those of you who have had your roof done in the past 20 years: did you call INS? Did you check with the contractor to make sure only legal workers were used? What about your lawn service and if you have it maid service? **** no. You look at the invoice, see the lower price and grab your check book. Shop at Wal-Mart? Do you lose sleep over the fact that the shoes you are wearing were made in China, the food you eat was imported from Venezuela or Mexico? Nope, you buy a little more with the money you saved.

One thing that cracks me up is the character of people. Consdier this: during huricane Kratrina we had a huge flood of people from New Orleans come to Texas. How many of those people just sat in their government paid for Hotel rooms doing nothing but waiting? Why can a person from Mexico cross our border, not speak English and still manage to have a job and a place to stay inside 24 hours of arriving? Frankly, keep that person and ship the welfare sucking scum bag back. Fair trade in my book.

Securitywise: yeah we need to close that border down tight. Then we need to fix things up so Pedro and Pepe can come here to work while stopping terrorists.

pffffffffffffffffffffft.

i call INS after they are done, and before payday arrives.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    as for this minimum wage bologne --

ta hell with that!

if you want a job bad enough you can work for peanuts yourself, minimum wage only applies to those that get a w-2 at the end of the month.

having been an independant contractor myself, 1099's aint so bad!

just as long as ya only report the guys who pay with checks and credit cards. ;) ;) you won't be to bad off. take a couple off the books jobs and take that profit and set it aside to pay your taxes.

you can come here all day long from mexico guatamala or wherever. jsut sign the god forsaken guestbook on the way in like everybody else.

it aint like it is hard to do. that is unless you are some kindof criminal that HAS to come in illegally - because he cant legally.

ta hell with those bastards. there is no such thing as a job a god fearing american wont do. so dont spout hogwash about "they are doing the jobs nobody wants" because this is just silly.

let's talk reality guys, you get laid off, your family needs to eat. ya cant find a job.
    it is rough.
    i know guys, i lived under a bridge for a few weeks back in 08.

did i go to the gov't to give me foodstamps? nope. did i sneak north and steal a job from a canuck? nope. did i whine about how i'm so unfortunate?

nope!

what did i do?

i worked alongside a bunch of wetbacks laying tile, polishing granite, mending fences, etc.

i got myself a low rent apartment. and i paid my fucking taxes.

Claw your way out of that hole. i dont give a damn what country your in. where there is a will there is a way.

this is still aland of opportunity. but there is only so much opportunity to go around.

we need to save some for our natural born citizens, and our LEGALLY immigrated american brothers and sisters.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    oh my.... i nearly slipped into a skeeter moment there.

all i needed was a bunch of emoticons and caps.

We dont have a money problem, we have a responsibility problem.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    as for this minimum wage bologne --

ta hell with that!

if you want a job bad enough you can work for peanuts yourself, minimum wage only applies to those that get a w-2 at the end of the month.

having been an independant contractor myself, 1099's aint so bad!

just as long as ya only report the guys who pay with checks and credit cards. ;) ;) you won't be to bad off. take a couple off the books jobs and take that profit and set it aside to pay your taxes.

you can come here all day long from mexico guatamala or wherever. jsut sign the god forsaken guestbook on the way in like everybody else.

it aint like it is hard to do. that is unless you are some kindof criminal that HAS to come in illegally - because he cant legally.

ta hell with those bastards. there is no such thing as a job a god fearing american wont do. so dont spout hogwash about "they are doing the jobs nobody wants" because this is just silly.

let's talk reality guys, you get laid off, your family needs to eat. ya cant find a job.
    it is rough.
    i know guys, i lived under a bridge for a few weeks back in 08.

did i go to the gov't to give me foodstamps? nope. did i sneak north and steal a job from a canuck? nope. did i whine about how i'm so unfortunate?

nope!

what did i do?

i worked alongside a bunch of wetbacks laying tile, polishing granite, mending fences, etc.

i got myself a low rent apartment. and i paid my fucking taxes.

Claw your way out of that hole. i dont give a damn what country your in. where there is a will there is a way.

this is still aland of opportunity. but there is only so much opportunity to go around.

we need to save some for our natural born citizens, and our LEGALLY immigrated american brothers and sisters.
    No offense Wolfy but there ARE jobs Americans wont do.

I regularly see those in line at Texas workforce Commission and have talked to many of them on many occasions. Many wont go pick fruit all day n 100 degree heat for $7.25 an hour with no benefits. Thats is reality. I have had people come apply for police officer jobs who didnt have ANY job, I have had coversations with other departments heads at our city and even at the county I live in and we laugh about how people come apply for cop jobs or city worker positions and when they are told, "No sir, it doesnt start at $65,000 per year..." they walk away because they though the pay was higher.

I talk with ranchers everyday who want to hire Americans but cannot find even college kids who will work for $8-$9 per hour.

I dont use this to say we need illegals, hell, I want the border sealed as much as anyone, but there is a reality that says they fill a niche.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    maybe some americans. but if you are starving - or dont have a roof over your head, and are like me and to proud to go asking for handouts... you will work.

give a couple of those ranchers my number. this desk job is easy as hell but 15 k a year isn't cutting it for me man.

if any of them are in Comal county and within 5-10 miles of me, i will most likely take them up on it.

the distance thing is an issue, because with my limited income, i find it more fiscally effective for me not to have a car... for those special occasions when i HAVE to be somewhere fast, i can usually find a ride. and pay my way for gas.,.. liek when we met up in SA for instance

;)

there is always someon to do those jobs.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    to calrify, 5-10 mile walk, inorder to get to some good pay is worth it to me. im doing it already for peanuts... not that you can tell from my doughy physique lol. these damn free muffins here at work are killing me! heheh notomention 8 hours a day of sitting on my ass BSing on TGT hehhe

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    There are plenty like you...who are willing....plenty of others with a sense of entitlement who wont.

I dont have many connections for work in your neck of the woods, but if I hear something, I will let you know.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom