DK Firearms

Illinois State Police tell you want to do if you are confronted.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    As a former resident of Illinois I thought I would share this with you. I did with a friend here in Texas and she didn't believe me so she went and looked it up. As a member of Illinoiscarry site back in the Illinois they is a annual walk on the capitol and about 5000 members walk there and in a show of force, (nicely) push for conceal carry. Anyway we pass out tongue depressors with the logo on them as the state police tell us to stop a attack or confrontation we are to gag ourselves. Here is what it says. Glad to be in Texas where I or my wife is assualted or confronted we can reply with some well burnt gunpoder.

Fighting for your safety may be necessary. However, if you start out fighting you cancel any other options that might be open to you. Since many attacks on women are not sexually motivated, and are designed to degrade and humiliate, talking your way out of it may be easier.

• There is documentation of assailants that left a would-be-victim alone after she told him that she was pregnant and it would kill her baby. (Some case were women that were too old to even have a baby.)
    • Telling an attacker that you have VD or AIDS can discourage him.
    • It may sound disgusting, but putting your fingers into you throat and making yourself vomit usually gets results. (This method is not often used except as a last resort.)
    • Use your imagination and you can think of others.
    The above methods are particularly important if your assailant has a gun or knife, or there is more than one attacker. (Fighting would probably be futile.)
    Sexual Assault Information
    Military Camp

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Thanks for the input, this is what the Illlinois State Police site tells a women to do if confronted by attacker/rapist.
    Fighting for your safety may be necessary. However, if you start out fighting you cancel any other options that might be open to you. Since many attacks on women are not sexually motivated, and are designed to degrade and humiliate, talking your way out of it may be easier.

• There is documentation of assailants that left a would-be-victim alone after she told him that she was pregnant and it would kill her baby. (Some case were women that were too old to even have a baby.)
    • Telling an attacker that you have VD or AIDS can discourage him.
    • It may sound disgusting, but putting your fingers into you throat and making yourself vomit usually gets results. (This method is not often used except as a last resort.)
    • Use your imagination and you can think of others.
    The above methods are particularly important if your assailant has a gun or knife, or there is more than one attacker. (Fighting would probably be futile.)

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Next time a crackhead tries to kill an Illinois state police officer I want to see them talk their way out of or barf on the crackhead and see if it works.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    618px_JeanLucPicardFacepalm1_The_CREEPEST_commercial_ever_might_be_considered_NSFW-s618x407-2787.jpg

Glitter and Guns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    DFW
    image003_thumb.jpg

I have spent quite a bit of time in Chicago and they really should encourge women to take care of themselves. It is a great city, but has some really concerning stuff going on. Man I would kill for Nancy's Pizza right now.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Chicago has a 1 1/2" knife rule, I think the rest of the state is 3 or 3 1/2" rule. It's a war zone where I lived 24 dead last year in 150k city. No tasers and only pepper spray but depends on municipality.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I was under the understanding that even pepper spray was banned, but selectively enforced. I could only legally be armed with a very frightening pocket flashlight when I was there for a couple weeks.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    I work in Motor Fuel excise tax. Illinois is one of the more problematic jurisdictions that we deal with. California is another (go figure)

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This OP was very disturbing to me. I was born in Chicago and survived dozens of violent attacks. It's a way of life there....to identify the weak and terrorize them. The advice given in the OP- from Illinois is just wrong.

No Thug in Chicago is going to pick out the biggest, baddest SOB on the street to attack, rip off or sexually assault. They ID the easy pickins', folks who may be from out-of-town, out of their element, weak or less apt to fight. An old lady with a purse, old man walking alone, folks who carry themselves with low self esteem (head down, stoop shouldered, looking around as if they are lost) are especially vulnerable. That's who the thugs look for. Why make yourself into a target by being submissive in any way?

The thieves are one thing. They look for an easy mark to rip off and leave. The control freaks are another. They don't want to just steal, the want to humiliate, terrorize and destroy who you are. Never give them what they want.....control.

The old man walking alone is a target. The same old man walking with a cane or a pool cue as a cane is another matter. Have you ever been hit with the big end of a pool cue? Walk with purpose, direction, alert, strong and confident and they'll look elsewhere for someone to jack with.

If confronted, NEVER let them move you to a secluded place as it's going to get MUCH worse when they do. Make a stand and fight like Hell where you are. Never think they'll go easy on you if you comply with their orders. Fight right here, right now. They want time and seclusion. Don't give them either.

Get some meat under your fingernails to identify the bastards if they kill you. Attack the faces....scratch, bite, beat the faces. Put visible marks on them so their friends say "What the Hell happened to you?" Never, ever comply, submit or let them dominate you. The more of that they get, the more they'll want. They'll kill you to get the ultimate control rush. Don't ever give it to them by submission.

Last, rape is about control. It isn't about sex. Never submit. Fight, bite, hit, bite an ear off. Never give them control willingly. Fight until there is nothing left.

Flash

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Flash, back in 1966 when I was on a 8th grade field trip to Museam of Science and Industry I was robbed in the bathroom there. I lived near and in Rockford 60 miles west of Chicago and it has gotten even worse, ranking 3rd most dangerous. Moving to Tx was a big move and a lot of had to do with crime and carry laws. There is a massive push for ccw/chl in the state but with Chicago and dems controlling the whole of the state it's almost useless. Many choose to carry anyway due to being tried by 12 is better then carried by 6. Sadly that makes criminals out of law abiding citzens. Never fired a shot at anyone but several times the sight of a gun set a bg running. I did as a kid fire over a a guys head when he was trying to come in the house and I went out the other door confronting him. He took off for the woods and train tracks running, probably a bum looking for food. But Rockford now is a war zone, shots daily/nightly and bank robberies are commonplace.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    (Per Illinois State Police)
    There is documentation of assailants that left a would-be-victim alone after she told him that she was pregnant and it would kill her baby. (Some case were women that were too old to even have a baby.)
    Oh yes. While being attacked, an attacker will stop and listen to their victim for intelligent discussions and heed possible warnings.

Telling an attacker that you have VD or AIDS can discourage him.
    ...see above.

It may sound disgusting, but putting your fingers into you throat and making yourself vomit usually gets results.
    Perfect. Do whatever you can to make yourself even weaker so the big thugs can carry you off to dispatch.

Use your imagination and you can think of others.
    Maybe it's because we're here in Texas, but my imagination tells me to carry adequate defense so if you ever do have to defend yourself, your head's in the real world, and not in some magical fantasy-land.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I also carried illegally in Chicago. It's a shame that people need to become criminals to protect themselves.

I was in Chicago for the Democratic National Convention, the riots that followed and the Black Panther, Black P Stone Nation and Blackstone Ranger violence. The town is a sewer and as corrupt as any city can be. The State of Illinois is run by the same political machine. That, my friends is the source of the political power of our current president. The Governor of Illinois was even convicted of SELLING Obummer's vacated Senate seat!

Yup, folks who favor gun control need to look at Chicago, LA, Washington DC and the major chunk of New Jersey. We could have that here, too. Stay on guard, always!

Flash

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Angef or frustration towards the police here is misplaced. They must advise within the limitations of the law.
    It's true that they cannot change the law, but they also have discretion on what they arrest people for. The DA also has discretion for what people get prosecuted for. I personally feel it's immoral to arrest and prosecute someone for defending themselves in the most efficient means possible.

Also, to say that fighting is probably futile, sets a very bad precedence. Not fighting back emboldens criminals to continue to find more victims. Fleeing should be your first priority, but if you can't then everyone should fight back. Always... If not for yourself, then for the next person.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Rant on....

If that ever becomes law here in Texas I will be a criminal. I'm not moving and I'm not giving up jack.

It's bad enough that I have to travel cities like that all the time. Just flying in to places like Newark, Boston, Chicago and observing them piss me off. Listening to the people there talk about it pisses me off. Reading stuff like this pisses me off.
    I never want Texas to secede, I want us to kick those shitty states out of the US! Tell Canada they can have 'em!

Rant off...

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    You think Illinois and other states are bad, try Europe instead. In many countries--most especially England--you have no right to defend yourself at all, and to do so invites stiffer penalties than the burglar, rapist, pervert, whoever, has attacked you. Yes, it's that bad and that insane over there.

Top Bottom