Hurley's Gold

Illinois State Police tell you want to do if you are confronted.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You think Illinois and other states are bad, try Europe instead. In many countries--most especially England--you have no right to defend yourself at all, and to do so invites stiffer penalties than the burglar, rapist, pervert, whoever, has attacked you. Yes, it's that bad and that insane over there.

Did anyone see that story a couple years ago? This old man had someone break in, pointedly fake gun pointed it at the robber then marched him to the police station. Where the old man got arrested for having a something that simulated a gun and using it as a gun. It didn't matter that it wasn't real I don't know what happened to him, but they were going to prosecute him...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    We may not be able to change the laws in those crazy places but we can certainly bug out and go somewhere where the laws suit us. I lived in Illinois because I was born there and as I stated earlier, survived terrible violence then got the Hell out. What I didn't tell you guys is HOW I left.

I knew I had to get out of that sewer so I placed a map of the USA on the kitchen table, closed my eyes, moved my hand around randomly and put my finger down on Tulsa, Oklahoma. I packed everything I owned in the car and took off, never to return. I left everyone that I knew, family, friends, sold everything that I couldn't carry and headed for Tulsa, a place that I'd never been. Blew into town, bought a city map, got a job and made a life. You start from absolute zero and it's a real challenge.

That's what started my gypsy life and I moved to new cities many times after that. I never settled down and always stayed mobile. That's how I got to Texas, too. If a job went south or I got in the right mood.......away I'd go again! It's been a Hell of a run and I'd never change it even if I could!

The dipshit gun laws in Illinois and the terrible violence in Chicago put me in the gypsy life! This is the longest that I've ever stayed anywhere and Texas is home! I'm old, now and I'm gonna die right here.

Flash

Broncrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Parker County
    You think Illinois and other states are bad, try Europe instead. In many countries--most especially England--you have no right to defend yourself at all, and to do so invites stiffer penalties than the burglar, rapist, pervert, whoever, has attacked you. Yes, it's that bad and that insane over there.

I just spent a year working in Queensland Australia and it is the same there. you have no rights to defend yourself without risking prosecution. The laws there state you can only use the same amount of force being used on you. for example if they have a knife then you can use a knife for defense but you can't use a gun. Also the one that kills me is if they don't threaten you then you can't use any force at all and they can just carry everything out of your house and you can do nothing to stop it.

Top Bottom