• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have ran into at least 4 young fellas over the past few years usually working at a place that I'm shopping that have told me they were going to be a Navy Seal.
    None of them that I know of have went on to do it.
    Here is what they have all had in common on their well rehearsed stories.
    Not all the same but basically the same type of story

I'm in a Merchant Marine..in a program and out of that I can get selected to go to a 2 week BUDS selection school and then get into a BUDS class

None of them ever mentioned joining the US Navy and going to boot camp.
    When I ask them one he said he didn't have to.

They say you have to know people to get into these Navy Seal selection programs

I call bullshit on all of it.

Another one said he was going into Delta Force..same thing ..getting some contract from his recruiter and bypassing basic training...lol

Just shut up and fill my propane bottle
    Texas SOT

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    F18C1D07-D438-4E2B-9DE9-040C8D94162E.jpeg

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    In the last few years it seems a large number of people have claimed to be Navy Seals or Marine Snipers. I'd guess the closest any have been to such training or seeing a military uniform was watching a movie or playing a video game. I've asked a few if they ever served with Walter Mitty.

taylorac2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2024
    Granbury
    As a (barely) sub-30-year-old guy here, all I can tell you is that the (nearly) annual US military propaganda action franchise known as "Call of Duty" has been very effective in convincing naive young men to enlist. Add the ego trip of belonging to some sort of special forces, and this is the result.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    As a (barely) sub-30-year-old guy here, all I can tell you is that the (nearly) annual US military propaganda action franchise known as "Call of Duty" has been very effective in convincing naive young men to enlist. Add the ego trip of belonging to some sort of special forces, and this is the result.
    Several decades ago we had "Call of Uncle Sam- Draft Notice".

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if some of these people were actually told these things by recruiters. Are they still working at these places there or did they end up signing a contract that they didn’t understand and now they are off somewhere doing something underwhelming that they didn’t expect?

There is also a possibility that some of them are taking about these little 2 week or however long camps that you pay for to go get bullied by former SOF guys. Don’t really understand the appeal of that but apparently there’s people willing to pay for it and people willing to accept money for it.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If they actually enlisted and went thru the process then I'd be fine with it.

Most won't go down and raise their hand and go to boot camp like a real veteran does. They'd rather just tell people all the bullshit they're going to do and never do anything

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I have ran into at least 4 young fellas over the past few years usually working at a place that I'm shopping that have told me they were going to be a Navy Seal.

I'm in a Merchant Marine..in a program and out of that I can get selected to go to a 2 week BUDS selection school and then get into a BUDS class

Another one said he was going into Delta Force..same thing ..getting some contract from his recruiter and bypassing basic training...lol

These are all ass clowns. I thought you had met real people who tried and washed out.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    A few years back one of the (renfest) entertainers kid was talking about he was going to be a SEAL. The kids ankles were about the size of my thigh at my knee.

I told him when I was about his age Aerosmith wrote a song about it it was called Dream On. That kid was in his late teens & every bit of pushing 400 pounds

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

You could have thrown a jab to test his reflexes.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I enlisted in USMC May 1967 after high school. Two of my buds in school dropped out of school prior to that to join USMC in early 1967, both insistent their country needed them now, despite us begging them not to. Both KIA in November.

Top Bottom