• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Had a real Navy SEAL that worked for me years ago. Spent a lot of time upriver in Nam. Had a couple of missions where he was the only one who returned in one piece.

Nicest guy you could ever meet. His site teams loved him. But step out of line and they would find the iron fist inside that velvet glove.
    Target Sports

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have ran into at least 4 young fellas over the past few years usually working at a place that I'm shopping that have told me they were going to be a Navy Seal.
    None of them that I know of have went on to do it.
    Here is what they have all had in common on their well rehearsed stories.
    Not all the same but basically the same type of story

I'm in a Merchant Marine..in a program and out of that I can get selected to go to a 2 week BUDS selection school and then get into a BUDS class

None of them ever mentioned joining the US Navy and going to boot camp.
    When I ask them one he said he didn't have to.

They say you have to know people to get into these Navy Seal selection programs

I call bullshit on all of it.

Another one said he was going into Delta Force..same thing ..getting some contract from his recruiter and bypassing basic training...lol

Just shut up and fill my propane bottle
    Recruitment is way down so they may not be just dreaming.......

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Recruitment is way down so they may not be just dreaming.......
    I just don't think it is now or ever has been the policy of the Navy to let any enlisted member serve in any capacity without 1st going thru Navy Boot Camp.

So when I hear people say they are going from basically high school right into BUDS..I call bullshit.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I have ran into at least 4 young fellas over the past few years usually working at a place that I'm shopping that have told me they were going to be a Navy Seal.
    None of them that I know of have went on to do it.
    Here is what they have all had in common on their well rehearsed stories.
    Not all the same but basically the same type of story

I'm in a Merchant Marine..in a program and out of that I can get selected to go to a 2 week BUDS selection school and then get into a BUDS class

None of them ever mentioned joining the US Navy and going to boot camp.
    When I ask them one he said he didn't have to.

They say you have to know people to get into these Navy Seal selection programs

I call bullshit on all of it.

Another one said he was going into Delta Force..same thing ..getting some contract from his recruiter and bypassing basic training...lol

Just shut up and fill my propane bottle
    Did I ever tell you about when Paul Revere and I charged up San Juan hill to raise that flag on Mt. Suribachi before chasing the indians back to their reservation and killing Bin Laden?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I hear more people saying they're going to be a professional athlete or rapper. Personally, I think their chances of becoming a seal are just as good.
    That was my sisters only boy. My dad called him the lazy little piker. Shortly after the boy was born his dad spit. So my mom wanted nothing more then to help out poor Peggy and the kids. I guess my mom was lonely after my dad said get out and go figure out life to me.

So my mom bought my sister a weeks worth of groceries and my dad was stuck doing all the home maintenance. My dad would tell him to get up off his ass & cut the grass, pick up the dog shit trim the bushes. Well someone convinced my sister the boy was the greatest athlete of all times. The lazy little piker was to tired to do anything other then lay on the couch and drink Gatorade or a gallon of milk.

All that mama coddling made the boy into a useless POS. 6 wives and 5 kids later he has settled into buying a house with his mom. His new women is from Myanmar if that’s what they are calling themselves. A very good friend of my parents & mine, who is the lazy little pikers godfather said she might be hot back there with her tribe described her as butt fugly.

All that boy ever aspired to be was like his father a useless piece of shit.

Doons

FJB
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    Fort Worth
    There is… I got accepted to buds to try and be a seal and I am or was a seal…., there is no I’m going to be a seal. I myself was a Walrus but thats for another time…

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Mine was signed by none other than a dude named Lyndon Johnson … I felt so special.

…like Rosanna Rosana Dana …
    How did you feel when sworn in front of his big picture on the wall at the recruiter's office.

Top Bottom