• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Oh, man. The people in CA, yeah. Some of 'em are way into guns, others freak out when they find out you've got guns. Extremes on the spectrum, that was for sure.

One of my ex's classmates/friends was over one day, and she found out I had some guns. "Do you keep them all locked up and unloaded and stuff?" What good would they be if they were unloaded? "*gasp* Isn't that kind of, you know..." and she kind of whispered the next part, I swear, "right wing?" ROFL, yeah, sure, whatever. Wound up convincing her by pointing out that it was just a practical thing; the time it would take someone to throw a brick through the sliding glass door and be to the bedroom wasn't enough to deal with locked and unloaded...
    DK Firearms

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Oh, man. The people in CA, yeah. Some of 'em are way into guns, others freak out when they find out you've got guns. Extremes on the spectrum, that was for sure.

QFT, at first I thought gun ownership in CA was almost non existent and left everything at my dad's here in TX, once I found out exactly how to navigate the laws and what to do/not do I ordered some bullet buttons and 10 round mags and first chance I got I brought them out. Luckily the situation never came up but I could get away with having "evil high capacity mags" because I was active duty and they were my "issued" mags, though never used them didn't want to even try and risk it. But you are right there is very little in the regular thinking there either the person is extremely pro gun or extremely anti, not a lot of in between but that seems to be on every subject out there.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    QFT, at first I thought gun ownership in CA was almost non existent and left everything at my dad's here in TX, once I found out exactly how to navigate the laws and what to do/not do I ordered some bullet buttons and 10 round mags and first chance I got I brought them out. Luckily the situation never came up but I could get away with having "evil high capacity mags" because I was active duty and they were my "issued" mags, though never used them didn't want to even try and risk it. But you are right there is very little in the regular thinking there either the person is extremely pro gun or extremely anti, not a lot of in between but that seems to be on every subject out there.

Yeah but you are right about one thing. CA is an awesome place. The state itself I mean. If all the liberals and gangbangers weren't there, it would be damn near perfect.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Oh man, the original post on this thing had me rolling! Funny thing is-i was raised to be scared of guns and no guns in the house and all that jazz. Then, I join the military(which oddly enough, the same anti-gun people pushed me to), found a love for guns, and I was scared about coming out to my family that I have guns. Then, after I do-a lot of them kinda during one on one time were telling me about how they used to shoot or were interested in my guns. Turns out this whole time, most of them have been playing along with that card just to keep a few other family members happy! I don't get it. They can act how they want to-I've come full out as the gun lover in my family lol

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Grasshopperglock, she must be one helluva GF if that's the gene pool she came from. I seriously think you should keep that in mind should you have a weak moment and consider putting a ring on her finger.

If your "significant other" doesn't support your passions - at least passively - then sooner or later your life will become miserable with that person.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Oh man, the original post on this thing had me rolling! Funny thing is-i was raised to be scared of guns and no guns in the house and all that jazz. Then, I join the military(which oddly enough, the same anti-gun people pushed me to), found a love for guns, and I was scared about coming out to my family that I have guns. Then, after I do-a lot of them kinda during one on one time were telling me about how they used to shoot or were interested in my guns. Turns out this whole time, most of them have been playing along with that card just to keep a few other family members happy! I don't get it. They can act how they want to-I've come full out as the gun lover in my family lol

Me too. But I wasn't raised to hate guns. My family always had guns, but they were never something we talked about. Definitely not something that was discouraged though.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Well, get ready for a whole new round of people who are scared of our inanimate objects...
    (cue, another Colorado shooting)

Well man, at this point, I am about at the end of my rope trying to justify my decision to keep and bear arms to these fuckers, it's in the Constitution and it's a fundamental individual right even without the 2nd Amendment, so at this point, instead of trying to reason with anti gunners on why they should leave me the **** alone about my guns I'm just gonna tell them if they don't like it to get fucked, I never asked for their approval anyway. If they want to be unarmed they can be my guest but I could care less if they have a problem with me being armed, and don't have to justify that to anyone because it is a right not a privilege. We'll see what kinda nonsense they come up with over this shooting (a tragic event by anyone's standards) but something tells me these people are going to end up fucking themselves, all the tactics they use to try and demonize gun ownership is going to blow up in their face sooner or later.

kris lee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Northeast Texas
    Its beyond me how a person can be afraid of a metal tube with some clock work at the end.

Case in point:

My girlfriends dad is scary paranoid about firearms. Even though the freak has some. I downloaded a pic of a browning M2 to my facebook. He saw the pic and now believes I have a coaxial mounted machine gun in my living room. NO BS. So the facebook block list grows another name.

He never served in the military. He has deer racks hanging up....Now he locks up his guns. In a safe, with cable locks, in locked cases.

I firmly believe that CNN has brainwashed the man into an unrational fear of all things guns. He was like this before I ever met his daughter. So its not me. He firmly believes that his wife might shoot herself. His grandkids will shoot themselves. His kids will shoot themselves. Someone will break in his house....crack a safe, cut locks off the cases, cut cable locks.....and shoot him. WTF? His house has never been broken into. Its a $250K job in a super "white collar" neighborhood. Dog crap in the yard is the major crime of the place.:ohnoes:

Really? I have not a clue why he doesn't just sale the damn things and wait for china to put him out his misery. A F**king browning machine gun in my living room? Has he seen the price of 50cal ammo???

OMG the man rakes my last nerves

Mass media always has a place in the depths of HELL

I don't know if this applies fully to your girlfriends' dad but here is an excerpt from the term hoplophobia coined by Col Jeff Cooper back in 1966:
    Hoplophobia, n. Irrational, morbid fear of guns (c. 1966, coined by Col. Jeff Cooper, from the Greek hoplites, weapon; see his book Principles of Personal Defense). May cause sweating, faintness, discomfort, rapid pulse, nausea, sleeplessness, nondescript fears, more, at mere thought of guns. Presence of working firearms may cause panic attack. Hoplophobe, hoplophobic.
    Hoplophobes are common and should never be involved in setting gun policies. Point out hoplophobic behavior when noticed, it is dangerous, sufferers deserve pity, and should seek treatment. When confronted about their condition, hoplophobes typically go into denial, a common characteristic of the affliction. Sometimes helped by training, or by coaching at a range, a process known to psychiatry as "desensitization," a useful methodology in treating many phobias.
    Hoplophobic behavior is often obvious from self-evident irrational responses to real-life situations, and is frequently seen in the news media and public debate. When a criminal commits a crime using a gun, hoplophobes often seek to disarm, or make lists of, innocent people who didn't do anything, a common, classic and irrational response.

The rest of this topic is at the following website:
    Hoplophobia - Morbid Fear of Weapons

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    Hkusp......

Your cousin flipping out at the BBQ....

Just tell her the holster is bullet proof so even if it went off the bullet wouldn't go any where.

People that stupid will believe anything.

People are nuts mostly. I once had a wife that had an unreasonable fear that my travelling water sprinkler would jump the hose, cross the street and run over an infant that couldn't get out of the way. Shit, there wasn't even a baby in the whole neighborhood.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

keith_tx

Bit and Byte Wrangler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    League City
    My wife is also the same way. I was always around guns growing up, but her background is totally different (I'm from the south, she's from the north, 'nuff said). Now that we've moved to Texas, I want to carry and she's really not happy with it and absolutely hates (fears) guns. She said she'd refuse to go out with me anywhere if I have a gun on me. So I made her a deal: take a gun safety course and if she still feels that way, I won't carry with her around. She's a smart person, and I think a little education goes a long way so I think, in my situation, the gamble is worth it.

It all comes down to fear of the unknown beyond what a person sees on CNN and the local news. Pointing out all the murders that happen and using that as a justification to carry a weapon doesn't work with some folks, because a lot of murders happen with a gun. It just reinforces that guns are bad, scary things that only have negative consequences.

You cannot argue pro-gun points with someone who is scared of guns. You're using logic, the other person is using emotions and you cannot change an emotional response with logic, facts, or reading the 2nd amendment to that person. Only education will bring about some understanding.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    My girlfriend was a hoplophobe when we first met, but she had to get over that if she wanted to keep seeing me
    Her mom was a hoplophobe, too... Now they have matching .22 rifles. Minds do change sometimes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Grasshopperglock, she must be one helluva GF if that's the gene pool she came from. I seriously think you should keep that in mind should you have a weak moment and consider putting a ring on her finger.

If your "significant other" doesn't support your passions - at least passively - then sooner or later your life will become miserable with that person.

Shes supports me all day long on firearms. If she didn't She'd be gone. Its her batsh*t crazy father thats the nut bag.

The silver lining of all this is he doesn't visit. I need to get a practice grenades from army surplus. Hot glue in the holes in the bottom, paint them to look solid. And hang them on the Christmas tree just in case he does visit during the holiday season.(along with the very cool shotgun shell lights)

Tie trip wires from the pins to the gifts. Tell the f**ktard it keeps the kids from peeking too soon.

Damn, I wish army surplus had the training M18 claymores. I'd place them next to baby Jesus in the yard. Tell him it keeps the neigherhood punks off the lawn. CLAK CLAK CLAK

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Shes supports me all day long on firearms. If she didn't She'd be gone. Its her batsh*t crazy father thats the nut bag.

The silver lining of all this is he doesn't visit. I need to get a practice grenades from army surplus. Hot glue in the holes in the bottom, paint them to look solid. And hang them on the Christmas tree just in case he does visit during the holiday season.(along with the very cool shotgun shell lights)

Tie trip wires from the pins to the gifts. Tell the f**ktard it keeps the kids from peeking too soon.

Damn, I wish army surplus had the training M18 claymores. I'd place them next to baby Jesus in the yard. Tell him it keeps the neigherhood punks off the lawn. CLAK CLAK CLAK

Next best thing would be the M18 hitch receiver covers from GG&G. Claymore Mine Trailer Hitch Cover

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom