• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txjustin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Rosenberg
    I tell you what, I have been to my local walmart about 15 times in the last 3 weeks and have yet to get 1 box of 9mm. I have only picked up 1 box of .45 blazer brass. I go almost every morning at around 8:30am.
    Capitol Armory ad

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    I haven't seen 9mm or 45 ball ammo at Wal Mart in many months. I'd add 223 to that list as well. Most WMs near me only have 22 shorts and 12ga steel shot left....thats it.

Seriously!

I don't know why there is such a friggin rush and crowds at all the local gunshows to buy pistols or ARs...theres nothing to feed these guns! LOL

- brickboy240

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I have the same problem here in Dallas. I went to 3 walmarts around my city and they are out of those ammos. I just purchased 500 rounds for $115 at the last Gun Show. Look like Gun Show is the only place for me to get ammo now.

Were those reloads?

I got 500 rounds of Blazer Brass 230 gr at Walmart last week for under 15/box of 50. They had 1000 rds but I am not greedy.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I just ordered some from Georgia Arms. They don't have the 1000 and 500 "Canned Heat" available, but there are some 100 round boxes of 9mm, .40 and .45 that are just a little be more expensive per round then the bulk cans. With shipping, the 9mm work out to about $13 box/50. Not great, but a lot better than I've seen since it's just about impossible to catch any in stock at Wally-World.

blazer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    San Antonio
    This is also a frustration for me. I've been stocking up too on 9mm, some .40. I went to a gun shop in Houston and one of their employees told me that THEY were buying up all the ammo at academy, marking it up, then reselling it in their store!

Also, I've been at a Walmart when the stocking crew was wheeling it out and a man was already waiting with a cart to buy it ALL up! Can they do this? Gun shops or dealers are buying it, marking it UP and reselling it! Walmart ought to have a limit or something. Didn't know they were in the WHOLESALE business!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Dude - with all due respect - MAN UP! It's the way the system works - first guy there buys whatever their wallet can afford. If a local gun shop can't get it from their suppliers, what're they supposed to do, sell nothing? They get what they can wherever they can find it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It ain't a matter of questionin' yer "manhood" - it's a matter of questioning your willingness to take responsibility of your own actions (or lack thereof). I've screwed up plenty before - who hasn't - the difference is that I'll say it, and not blame someone else for my lack of planning.
    I got caught in the last Democratic presidency, and barely managed to keep my head above water by reloading - even then, if it hadn't been for some "heads up" from folks further north, the primer shortage woulda caught me THAT time. This time around, I wasn't reloading - but remembered what happened last time and spent the $$$ investing in a good reloader, and stocking up on supplies. I've got 7-8k rounds of my various primary handgun calibers loaded, and supplies on hand to make up another 13+k of 'em.
    So, tell me again about how I must "work for a gun shop"......

blazer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    San Antonio
    now it's a lecture about my responsibilities! DUDE! I DON"T BUY IT from those people. I have thousands of rounds of ammo already.

IT'S STILL JUST PLAIN WRONG!!!!!!

-THE END-

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Then please state the reason for your whinin' in a more clear, concise manner. And then realize that's what it is - whining. Get in their face - tell 'em what ya think. REMEMBER who they are, and refuse to do business w/them in the future - oh, wait - yeah, this is about someone (who, you don't even know) who's buying all the ammo.

Life happens, dude. Nothing you can do about it.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Have to agree with Texasredneck, it's called the free market system. Buy where you can, and sell for what the market will bring. Seem to recall a gentleman who railed against the unfairness of that particular system, think his name was Marx.

The market will recover, prices and supplies will stabilize. If you think someone is not doing right by you, don't buy from them again. It will be a buyers market again, and it will affect them.

When the market does stabilize, I'd suggest all you boys who can't buy ammunition learn to handload.

texashek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    spring TX
    from what I keep reading it seems the only way to buy ammo is online through a site or through gunbroker. granted you will pay a premium but when you add up the time and gas associated with wasted trips you will probably come out ahead. I don't have time to randomly drop in Academy or Wal Mart in hopes of getting lucky

Tx44Slinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    All out

Carter Country said they have completely sold out of .380 ammo, don't know when they will get more. Bo Don Gun show may have some they told me.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    All you "free market" fans...I'll remember this when gas hits 4 bucks or more a gallon again.

Lets see then how we all feel about gouging and how its all a plan of the evil ol' oil execs or whatever. they'll be threads and threads on how "wrong" it is and so on...

...you can ride a bike and leave your F-250 4x4 at home...you know!

LOL

- brickboy240

Top Bottom