• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoyeay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    What're y'all's opinions and comments over immigration reform/amnesty? :o

I think it should be done! I would make so much money from it! :)
    JK!
    Capitol Armory ad

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    So, they want to give away, to free, something that law abiding immigrants have payed for. Sort of like rewarding someone for being a criminal. I thought that was only legal if you were a politician.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Post 2 and right to the nitty gritty. IMO the only reason the dems want to give amnesty is for the votes.

hoyeay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Well to be honest, usually people have to pay back taxes and fines so it evens out?

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    So, you arrive here at the exact same moment as an illegal. You then apply for a work visa and wait till it is approved before you can look for work legally. However your illegal guy started work the next day. After about a 6 month wait, you get a work visa, good for One Year, no guarantee of renewal. You start to apply for jobs, most if not all "professional" positions do not want you, not worth their time and effort to get you fit into their organization with the possibility of you being refused renewal and therefore being unreliable for continued work. When you do find work, you find the jobs are influenced by the large quantity of illegals and therefore wages are lower.

However, in your quest to be a legal, law abiding member of society you soldier on. After all, it costs money to get that green card. ( In 2008 the figure was $5 thousand on paperwork plus lawyer fees if you used one (highly recommended)). So, about a year later you get your green card. Time to look for work in your profession or trade.

You as a professional, looking for someone for your organization, how willing are you to take a chance on a guy that had 5 or more years experience in the trade but has not worked in his field for the last 2 or more years?. If you needed to hold qualifications, have they expired due to not working in the field or are you rusty and out of touch with the advances in your field?

For the illegal, you have been making more money than you did in your home country, no worries.

For the Legal, you have been without work for a minimum of 6 months and have taken jobs below your prior pay state as well as having to spend money to do so. You have had to work to keep your qualifications via training or schooling or just allowed them to laps. You have jumped through every hoop, passed all the entrance exams and now are expected to sit quietly back and listen as they tout the poor plight of the guy who broke the law.

As for Mr. or Mrs Illegal, the laws were in place when they moved here, they were known and obviously were aware of the penalties. Had they wanted to change their status, throughout the time they have been here there are organizations that would give them all the assistance they required to obtain a green card. To the point where there are organizations who will pay the paperwork fees and lawyers who do the work for free.

Life is not fair, however when the person(s) in charge fail to follow the rules and regulations that were in place when they took their job(s) and for their own ends wish to change the rules, people need to speak out and hold them to task.

There are venues for Illegals to become legal, they have existed for years. There are places where Illegals are taken called detention centers before they get sent home. If you arrive illegal but start to work towards fixing this crime, lets open our arms and help them out.

But to change the rules, ignore the laws and now say it is too complicated. Other than Politician, where else can you **** something up so bad and expect that going to your boss and saying the laws need to be changed to fix your mistake would you expect to keep your job.

CrossEyedArmadillo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    San Antonio
    egin forwarded message:

On Becoming Illegal.
    You'll love this!

FORMS ARE GOING FAST- SIGN UP TODAY!
    Becoming Illegal (Actual letter from an Iowa resident sent to his senator,)
    The Honorable Tom Harkin
    731 HartSenateOfficeBuilding
    Phone (202) 224 3254
    WashingtonDC , 20510

Dear Senator Harkin,

As a native Iowan and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

My primary reason for wishing to change my status from U.S. Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for only three of the last five years. I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.

Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2008 and 2009.

Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as 'in-state' tuition rates for many colleges throughout the United States for my son.

Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me, given that I still have college age children driving my car.

If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative. Thank you for your assistance

Your Loyal Constituent, (hoping to reach 'illegal alien' status rather than just a bonafide citizen of the USA )
    Donald Ruppert
    Burlington , IA
    Get your Forms (NOW)!!
    Call your Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-289-1040

pinoyinus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Round Rock
    We did this during Reagan's term and look at where we are? Based on that, we all know that it doesn't work and it doesn't solve anything. All it accomplishes is giving a racial group greater access to welfare and other benefits.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    We need to do something on immigration that is for sure. But not until the border is secured and verified as such and continues to be. Now the question becomes how do we secure the border and how do we verify that it is. Also, I think that our new immigration laws should mirror the immigration laws of the country where immigrants are coming from. Especially for illegal immigrants. Mandatory expulsion for Illegals, along with mandatory jail time first. Make it a felony for federal officers/officials not to enforce the law.

I know it is a pipe dream.

Also, state id's/dl's granted to both legal and illegal aliens, should have a marker for not eligible to vote. Conviction of any crime punishable by one year or more means automatic deportation. No exceptions, not even if children born here.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The long term social and cultural ramifications from the millions of undocumented democrats is not appealling to me.......

To sell out America to make money?.....Seriously?

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Here is a thought. If you were walking down the street and a very large, aggressive dog was chained up in a yard with no fence, no way he could get to you outside of the property line, no fear of him getting off the chain and coming outside of his yard. But obviously very willing and able to protect his property. Would the owner need to build a fence? Better yet, would you risk going into his yard to pick the nice apples that are on the tree?

We already have laws in place, so why not stop choking the dog we currently have on the chain and let him do what he signed on for.....Enforce what laws we have and you will see a great decrease in the number of people willing to risk the journey.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    What're y'all's opinions and comments over immigration reform/amnesty?

I think it should be done! I would make so much money from it!
    JK!

Big question for 3 posts into this site.

It's a vote grab pure and simple.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    I am all for "immigration reform". INFORCE THE IMMIGRATION LAWS ON THE BOOKS.

That would of necessity require the self-deportation of the alien-in-chief presently domiciling in the White House.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    I too am dissapointed that 70 percent of the so-called "Hispanics" voted for the Kenyan-born pretender -in-chief.

HOWEVER .... precisely WHO are we referring to with this descriptive term " Hispanic" ?

How many of these voters are actually U.S. citizens ?

My wife is the grandaughter of a man who road with Pancho Villa before he wised up and traveled North. She voted for Romney.

My daughter is the great-granddaughter of Pancho's compadre - and SHE also voted for Romney along with her entire immediate family and all of her husbands in-laws.

So... I ask again...... precisely WHO are we talking about ???

We are supposed to reward these people with a path to citizenship ?

Last edited:

hoyeay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    "Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year."

​​Please explain? That I know of, legal nor illegals get free treatment at the emergency room.

hoyeay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    I too am dissapointed that 70 percent of the so-called "Hispanics" voted for the Kenyan-born pretender -in-chief.

HOWEVER .... precisely WHO are we referring to with this descriptive term " Hispanic" ?

How many of these voters are actually U.S. citizens ?

My wife is the grandaughter of a man who road with Pancho Villa before he wised up and traveled North. She voted for Romney.

My daughter is the great-granddaughter of Pancho's compadre - and SHE also voted for Romney along with her entire immediate family and all of her husbands in-laws.

So... I ask again...... precisely WHO are we talking about ???

We are supposed to reward these people with a path to citizenship ?

I thought only US Citizens can vote??

P.S.: Sorry for DP xP!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom