• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoyeay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    I understand the "cannot refuse medical care" but regardless that doesn't mean it is "free."

Now if we are talking about going and obtaining the care and later billed AND not paying, that is completely a different subject.
    DK Firearms

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    They don't or won't pay, therefore....we do.....

Thus, you are right it isn't free.....to us...

But free for them....

hoyeay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    What I am trying to say is that there is no just one type of "them."

There are citizens and permanent residents that regardless of their legal status, still do not pay, and refuse to do so. What will you tell me for that?

I know people who are US Citizens and cannot or won't pay their care bills.
    Regardless of status you STILL end up paying money for people who are US Citizens.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    What I am trying to say is that there is no just one type of "them."

There are citizens and permanent residents that regardless of their legal status, still do not pay, and refuse to do so. What will you tell me for that?

I know people who are US Citizens and cannot or won't pay their care bills.
    Regardless of status you STILL end up paying money for people who are US Citizens.

There are dead beats in every aspect of society. What folks are referring to is the illegals that come to the ED's and receive care and go home (or where they may be staying here in the USA). They (meaning the dead beat illegals) often times give BS names, BS contact information, BS identification provided they have any identification at all. I have seen it first hand in Houston's trauma centers.
    Let us not forget the translator that we (Americans) have to pay for because the illegals damn sure don't speak English.
    I have treated children who's parents have "overstayed" their visa (again, here illegally) and those children are on Medicaid which is paid 100% by the taxpayers.
    As far as the Americans that choose not to accept financial responsibility for the care they received....shame on them if they don't at least make an effort. It gets reported on their credit. Bill collectors will call continuously. The Americans have at least supported those facilities through their taxes.
    After all is said and done, the US is still getting ever-run by illegals and the next thing ya hear is how Americans are racist or some other BS because we don't want, like or respect some leach coming here and sponging off of our system without having even contributed.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yes, I do pay for deadbeats that are citizens, that is part of our system. Don't like it. but that is the way it is...

Does not justify paying for someone who breaks our laws and come here ILLEGALLY. I should not have to pay for that and would not have to if they weren't here illegally.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Yes, I do pay for deadbeats that are citizens, that is part of our system. Don't like it. but that is the way it is...

Does not justify paying for someone who breaks our laws and come here ILLEGALLY. I should not have to pay for that and would not have to if they weren't here.

Exactly.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The cost of providing healthcare to illegals is astronomical in our Country.

..and that is my Professional opinion(medical field for 35 years)......not a citizen that doesn't like the truth opinion.....

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Thats the way its supposed to work but since we can not verify who you are or ask for your ID when you go to vote it allows alot of people to vote that shouldnt be.

Well now some of them get to vote MULTIPLE times .....

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    LBJ Hospital in Harris County has approximately 65% of babies born there are the child of illegals. The taxpayers of Harris County foot the bill for that. It's a county hospital. It's developed a reputation as a "Democrat Factory"......pathetic.

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    Lock down the borders, but make legal immigration easier. I hope this would allow us the tax the now-legal immigrants while making it more difficult for smugglers of all types. I know, it's a pipe dream.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Friend of mine had a heart attack on a cruise ship. The took him via copter to a hospital in Mexico. Would not let him out of hospital till bill was paid. We should do the same.

In 1996, my wife was careflighted to Parkland, they put a lien on her. Dammit, I never could get them to repo her.

Top Bottom