• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RickP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    far East Plano
    I would look at something else at this point. There are issues with the latest M&P 9's that you may want to look at before you consider buying one.

Thanks for the head's up but I have 4 M&P full-sized pistols so far, 2 in 9mm and 2 in .45 and haven't had any problems other than a broken striker due to dry-firing on an empty chamber. S&W has changed the striker design and sear plunger since that time.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    So far tax time has gotten a side of beef, a new freezer for side of beef, and a round head framing gun.

Next few things will be some toys for me. Just gotta decide which way to go. Suppressor, and register SBR, or build SBR and some other toy. Haven't decided yet.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I would look at something else at this point. There are issues with the latest M&P 9's that you may want to look at before you consider buying one.
    You're right. M&Ps are miserable, horrid pistols. If you have one, please send it to me for proper disposal.

5 Screw Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Atascosa Co.
    My wife proclaimed that it was already spent.

CharlieBrownSigh(bl).jpg

GTRich94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    u
    I'm going to pick up a rifle for the kids so I can take my 8 year old daughter hunting (her 6 year old brother won't be far behind)
    So far, I've picked up the following
    Black-hawk Axiom Stock
    Burris Signature Zee rings and mount

Still need to get
    some kind of scope
    Weatherby Vanguard S2 in either 243 or 308

I have some Federal Lite recoil ammo on order and I plan test it out in my Vanguard S2 308 with the Axiom stock. If it seems manageable, I'll go 308. If it still kicks, I'll go 243.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That was not the point I was trying to make. There are issues on the current M&P9's that are causing poor accuracy. The problem seems to be a change in the locking block that is causing early unlocking.

Recent manufacture M&P 9 accuracy
    I'm not quite all the way through that thread yet, but that's a good read. These guys seem to be reporting 7-8" groups at 25 yards, however. I guess my question is what are they trying to shoot?? Are they hunting rabbits? 8" at 25 yards seems adequate to me for a pistol that you can often find for under $500. It's not designed to be a target pistol... If you want to get it there, I think it's reasonable to expect to have to spend a little more money upgrading it.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    I'm not quite all the way through that thread yet, but that's a good read. These guys seem to be reporting 7-8" groups at 25 yards, however. I guess my question is what are they trying to shoot?? Are they hunting rabbits? 8" at 25 yards seems adequate to me for a pistol that you can often find for under $500. It's not designed to be a target pistol... If you want to get it there, I think it's reasonable to expect to have to spend a little more money upgrading it.
    8" is quite pathetic if you ask me. Especially when the Pro is in the market to run against a Glock 34 and XDM 5.25.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I closed out my IRA and paid a pile of tax on the money so my refund was pretty large. I slammed that baby right into the savings!

Flash

Top Bottom