IMG_6694.jpeg
    Target Sports

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I am going to make an assumption: you were never in an infantry unit. That being said: your house is never a fortress. It is a trap. It can be set on fire, it is a target for those on the outside, to pump rounds into and unless your walls are solid rock at least a foot thick, those rounds will hit someone.Houses around you are concealment for assaulting forces. It will not repel someone with a vehicle who drives into a wall.
    You can harden it somewhat to allow you to get out at your choice of egress, but it will be breached.
    When SHTF, your best bet it to not wall yourself inside,
    Relentless and aggressive offense.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    But the point is that a rabble of thugs will break easily, while a disciplined group of jackbooted thugs will have discipline and, quite likely, training. So your bravado is noted, but irrelevant.
    Perhaps.

Send a round on target, they all go down the same...regardless.

Bravado has nothing to do with it.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    But the point is that a rabble of thugs will break easily, while a disciplined group of jackbooted thugs will have discipline and, quite likely, training. So your bravado is noted, but irrelevant.
    Perhaps.

Bravado has nothing to do with it

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So when a round is sent and hits the target, the target goes down differently based upon if it is a rabble of thugs or a disciplined group of regulars?

Look into developing some reading comprehension and I'll get back to you. You're missing the point and doubling down, and I know you well enough to know there is no reasoning with you. You're not equipped for it.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Look into developing some reading comprehension and I'll get back to you. You're missing the point and doubling down, and I know you well enough to know there is no reasoning with you. You're not equipped for it.
    Sure, general... please direct me to the point you are wanting me to comprehend

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Sure, general... please direct me to the point you are wanting me to comprehend

The original post I replied to, and my reply. I'm not talking about what you are. At all. I have never claimed training and discipline make people bulletproof like you seem to think I did.

Or, do us both a favor and just stop replying to conversations I'm having without you. Your input is not neccesary.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Shut off the water & it won't take to long for the toilets to stink out of your own place. Leaving power on so those stuck realize just how phuked they are. Places with lights on & an A/C running with be an invitation to be investigated.
    Water requires electric pumps to push it through the pipes, unless you have large private elevated gravity-fed storage tank.

Grocery stores would have no perishables, get no deliveries.

Gas pumps wouldn't work....explains push to EV vehicles.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    In a concentrated attack, a modern house will protect you about as much as a paper bag. Even a brick wall will crumble under sustained fire. Any wall without masonry? It'll offer concealment, but not good cover. A better strategy is to make it too costly for an organized group to attack your house.
    True.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Perhaps.

Bravado has nothing to do with it.
    Bravado is thinking it doesnt work both ways and that being holed up in a make shift structure at best doesnt give an assaulting team/group the advantage of choosing when to attack or just waiting for you to become complacent and zip one through your dome.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Bravado is thinking it doesnt work both ways and that being holed up in a make shift structure at best doesnt give an assaulting team/group the advantage of choosing when to attack or just waiting for you to become complacent and zip one through your dome.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I've mentioned to my wife and maybe here that looking back, I felt much safer as a very young Marine grunt in the jungles of Vietnam in 1967-68 with an M-16 than I do here in a house with a few firearms and living in a civilized city. Perhaps I was too young (we all were) to appreciate that all that time in the bush in constant danger 24/7 that it came down to you and your family defending each other. A house is just an entrapment that confines you, give me freedom of movement. As others have said, if you feel that endangered there, move...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Pay attention to these. They are smarter than you think.
    Waco.............

If they want you, they will get you..........
    Very few lucky folks will actually be prepared for a real SHTF scenario.....some folks think they are, but in reality they aren't.

Hundreds of thousands of people will leave the urban areas in search of food in less than a week........large roving gangs will be on the move and they are armed. Your neighbors will not be prepared and could be potential adversaries.......total lawlessness.....

Think Katrina on steroids........

Very, very hard decisions will have to be made.........
    Have a plan. Have multiple plans. And multiple places to go.

When SHTF, the only thing you can count on, plan "A" will most likely fail. Be ready to go to plans B-Z imediately.
    And DON'T count on anyone coming to save you. They are counting on you to save them.
    Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom