• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You also have to have a license to drive but the police dont stop everyone to see if they have a driver's license....dont see that as an issue. I like the "phased in" idea posted somewhere else on here.

Soccer Moms and liberal Cops don't get freaked out when they see someone driving a car. I hope you're right that it wouldn't be an issue, but I still would rather see OC simply for everyone.
    Guns International

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    Requiring a license to open carry is absurd, and is only a way for the state to a) generate revenue, and b) keep track of *legal* gun owners. It does NOTHING to prevent the bad guys from carrying - open or otherwise - nor does it even give them pause to consider their actions. I wish people would just admit to that inconvenient truth.

The fact that I'm a law-abiding citizen directly causing the infringement of my 2nd amendment RTKAB really torques my hide.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    My question is, will this help us defend the 2nd amendment or shed negative light on us? I have said it before, I will probably CC everythere except my boat when im fishing and when im hunting or to and from the lease.

I dont want stupid ass sheple asking why I have a gun. I am likely to be rude.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    My question is, will this help us defend the 2nd amendment or shed negative light on us? I have said it before, I will probably CC everythere except my boat when im fishing and when im hunting or to and from the lease.

I don't want stupid ass sheple asking why I have a gun. I am likely to be rude.

Why would OC shed negative light on gun owners?

I think the presence of openly carried pistols by responsible citizens will help the irrational phobia types get over their fear.

Silverbullet830

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Huntsville
    people see plain clothes LE with weapons all the time (atleast around here). everything from Investigators to game wardens. I open carry if i take an inmate on a medical run (although i'm in tdcj uniform). I've never seen anybody bat an eye at a pistol. I'm sure there are people that might have something to say but 99.9% aren't going to because they assume if you have it in open sight then you can do that. If it were legal its not like every cop you see would stop you and demand papers. and so what if someone says something about it? if you are within your rights there's nothing they can do. and as far as criminals are concerned, i say let em see how many people there are that actually have guns and they will think more about how many people are still concealing theirs.....

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Requiring a license to open carry is absurd, and is only a way for the state to a) generate revenue, and b) keep track of *legal* gun owners. It does NOTHING to prevent the bad guys from carrying - open or otherwise - nor does it even give them pause to consider their actions. I wish people would just admit to that inconvenient truth.

The fact that I'm a law-abiding citizen directly causing the infringement of my 2nd amendment RTKAB really torques my hide.
    Wow!! I like you sir!! I got banned off another sit because I have the same opinion as you do. I dont trash anyone because they disagree with me, I simply allow myself to freely tell it like I see it.
    Sir, i'll be posting a lot of fact regaurding this issue, please reply.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Does police having guns open carry scare anyone? Detectives?

I have a few friends in LE. " Believe it or not"!
    My Ranger friend supports open carry, my High Sheriff buddy supports it, and i'll contest anyone that wants to debate he aint the greatest Sheriff in Texas. He aint even the sheriff of my county.
    My police officer buddies also support open carry.
    I dont think any of them disagree with CC but they like the idea of seeing what ya got. They share the same opinion as I do, criminals Conceal carry as easy as the honest man does.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I have a few friends in LE. " Believe it or not"!
    My Ranger friend supports open carry, my High Sheriff buddy supports it, and i'll contest anyone that wants to debate he aint the greatest Sheriff in Texas. He aint even the sheriff of my county.
    My police officer buddies also support open carry.
    I dont think any of them disagree with CC but they like the idea of seeing what ya got. They share the same opinion as I do, criminals Conceal carry as easy as the honest man does.
    hey mean i got your message no offense taken

Phishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Spicewood
    If OC was passed would you have to OC or could you still have the option to CC? I am totally cool with OC but I personally would still want to CC most of the time. I just feel more comfortable knowing that no one else knows I am armed. If it meant that you could only OC I would be worrying about having to protect my pistol all the time.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    If OC was passed would you have to OC or could you still have the option to CC? I am totally cool with OC but I personally would still want to CC most of the time. I just feel more comfortable knowing that no one else knows I am armed. If it meant that you could only OC I would be worrying about having to protect my pistol all the time.

I would open carry. Me, I dont really like concealed carry. It bothers me. I dont even like change or a wallet in my pockets. Besides, if someone is stupid enough to grab for my gun, then I shouldnt be held responsible for breaking their arm!!! Dont touch !

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I think we should allow open carry...

5c6526fa.gif

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Back to the OP:

Just got off the phone with my attorney, who btw was instrumental with the "no penalty" phase in regard to failure to show CHL, who stated OC will be pushed very hard and early during the upcoming legislative session.

The OC issue will be restricted to those meeting qualifications to CC...thank God.

The issue of "employer parking lot" will also be pushed once again.

Rick Perry is strongly backing both initiatives!!

If it happens, I won't bitch. It's not what I'd like to see, but it would be better than nothing.

Top Bottom