• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I read the first page of this thread, I then jumped to the last page. Boy, did I miss a lot somewhere in between! LOL I guess I should have read this thread more thoroughly! LOL
    DK Firearms

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    What we need to do is have an entire designated week where ALL laws and regulations in regards to anything and everything (meaning anarchy) are suspended. Then, for the intelligent ones like most of us, we can just stay home for a week's vacation while the idiots go about their daily lives. Afterwords, we will have considerably less idiots in society I'm sure. ;) LOL

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    What we need to do is have an entire designated week where ALL laws and regulations in regards to anything and everything (meaning anarchy) are suspended. Then, for the intelligent ones like most of us, we can just stay home for a week's vacation while the idiots go about their daily lives. Afterwords, we will have considerably less idiots in society I'm sure. ;) LOL
    +1....I just need to know when that is going to be. I will then take my family on a cruise so we are not here...when we return, presto!

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    This is where you give me the impresson that anything beyond the text of the 2nd amendment is wrong....

You make my point for me..."the law allows stripping convicted felons of their right to bears arms"....the 2nd amendment does not bar felons, only laws that were passed later do that. So we agree that laws can be passed to keep order? do we not? so those who say the 2nd amendment is an absolute right and NO gun control laws are constitutional would be incorrect. the question then becomes what laws ARE reasonable and dont infringe on our constitutional rights. the courts have maintained that permits to carry are not unconstitutional.

arming the entire population, even those who dont know how to load or even fire a weapon is irresponsible and any legislation to do so would gain little traction.

Im sure we agree on much more than we disagree on TR, I just often see people ask the same question you asked, "where does it speak to background checks, permits, or specific training?!??" The 2nd amendment doesn't, nor does it have to. The constitution is a framework, not absolute law.

+1....I hear an echo in the room!!!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

there would probably be a large baby boom in a little under a year, of genetically predisposed idiots.

but generally i like your idea.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    my license is up in 6 months, and i will drive without it, without insurance, without current registration etc. why? because it is not needed to exercise my right to travel.
    w00t !! Lets not run this guy off please. I've been wanting to see what the consequences of pulling a Charlie Sprinkle in TX would be. Mike, let us know how that goes...

I didn't know that flying a flag upside down is a distress signal... How does one fly the British flag upside down? lol

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I think the parking lot bill was struck down due to private property right protections, personally.

Open carry via a CHL already has private property protections. All they have to do is display a 30.06 sign, and I fear this will be the backlash towards open carry. I believe it would be a better idea for them to introduce a new legal sign depicting the open carry of firearms on premises not accepted, but allowing concealed.

In either regard, open carry needs to be passed. You have only to look at the numerous other states that allow it to see it in practice.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    my license is up in 6 months, and i will drive without it, without insurance, without current registration etc. why? because it is not needed to exercise my right to travel.

Right to travel? Ummmm....where exactly is that in the US Constitution? And if you want to travel without a driver's license, you can! Just go buy some comfortable shoes and get to stepping! No one will deprieve you of your "right" to travel, just your privilege of driving a motor vehicle...

I am almost certain that this is somebody who is just trying to jerk our chain guys, surely there is nobody this bizarre in our midst...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Right to travel? Ummmm....where exactly is that in the US Constitution? And if you want to travel without a driver's license, you can! Just go buy some comfortable shoes and get to stepping! No one will deprieve you of your "right" to travel, just your privilege of driving a motor vehicle...

I am almost certain that this is somebody who is just trying to jerk our chain guys, surely there is nobody this bizarre in our midst...

You don't need a license to ride a horse, and frankly ... that'd be faster in some places, like downtown Austin.

Wait, do you need to license a buggy? Could I get some noble steeds and have them pull me in a Ben Hur chariot all over Austin?

Top Bottom