• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior,

I hope that the door-knob hits this leftist moron in the toucas on his way OUT of UofH & TEXAS.
    (We have enough anti-self defense morons here already.)

LEFTIST MORONS make me GAG, every time that they open their BIG mouths & start preaching foolishness & knowing lies to us "regular folks".

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mreed911,

I wonder how many members of the staff, faculty & students are unlawfully carrying concealed now?
    (MORE than a FEW, is my guess.)

yours, satx

300blk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    the irony is that some penn public schools allow concealed carry. penn is private so they wont, but the state is getting more permissive.

Laws Concerning Carrying Concealed Firearms on Campus in Pennsylvania

Because of changes in Pennsylvania’s concealed weapons law in 2012, one of the two major public Higher Education Systems became concerned that they might not be able to constitutionally prohibit concealed weapons permittees from carrying guns on campus.
    There are two major public Higher Education Systems in Pennsylvania:
    1) The Commonwealth System of Higher Education (CSHE), which oversees Penn State, Pittsburgh, Lincoln Univ, and Temple
    2) The Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PSSHE) oversees the other 14 state colleges.
    In 2012, PASSHE’s Chairman, Guido Pichini, stated the following:
    “PASSHE universities have the ability to prohibit weapons, including legally registered firearms, in academic buildings, student residence halls, dining facilities, student union buildings, athletic facilities and recreation centers or while attending a sporting, entertainment or educational event on university property or sponsored by the university. However, PASSHE’s policies also must be consistent with Pennsylvania law, which allows individuals who are properly permitted to carry a firearm ‘on or about one’s person or in a vehicle throughout the Commonwealth.’

As a result, we have confirmed that at least six PASSHE’s schools have now changed their policies to allow concealed carry permittees the ability to carry weapons on certain parts of their campuses. (See chart below).

Professor Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Dr. Snow replied to my email:
    Dear Mr. -,

Thank you for your thoughtful email. I am well familiar with the assertions you make regarding CHL holders. I would be interested in knowing what your familiarity is with campus culture. Have you ever taught university students or advised them in a professional capacity? Have you ever mentored students or faculty?

My presentation to *faculty* had to do with faculty and their interaction with students. So far, nationwide no faculty member, even ones who own guns and are in favor of 2A rights, as I am, have taken exception to the topics I have raised. Many people from outside the campus community have taken it upon themselves to instruct me how to interact with students and fellow faculty.

I would be interested in your perspective on the issue of power and its expression in the classroom, especially if it is informed by some experience in that setting.

Sincerely,

Jon Snow

I am a faculty member at UH who attended one of the campus carry forums along with 2 other CHL holders. I will not say who said what since Snow said the jobs of the people who spoke up were in jeopardy unless they were tenured. Two CHL holders dared to speak their minds. Both times Snow told them to shut up. Both said no and spoke their minds. He claims the CHL crime statistics are bogus.

There are at least 6 professors with CHLs in my department. We are here and are fighting against the anti-gun mob.

Truly Grits

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am a faculty member at UH who attended one of the campus carry forums along with 2 other CHL holders. I will not say who said what since Snow said the jobs of the people who spoke up were in jeopardy unless they were tenured. Two CHL holders dared to speak their minds. Both times Snow told them to shut up. Both said no and spoke their minds. He claims the CHL crime statistics are bogus.

There are at least 6 professors with CHLs in my department. We are here and are fighting against the anti-gun mob.
    What is it that the moment someone mentions...... tenure, I just want to puke. IMHO, tenure is the final solution for the incompetent, the mediocre. The really stupid people, with massive degrees, who need to be told how to take a crap.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    What is it that the moment someone mentions...... tenure, I just want to puke. IMHO, tenure is the final solution for the incompetent, the mediocre. The really stupid people, with massive degrees, who need to be told how to take a crap.

Well yeah, I hear that it's like that in Canada.:D

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Professor Badger,

GOOD FOR YOU.

People like Snow need to understand that a university is NO DIFFERENT in any way that the rest of society, except that there many more hate-FILLED, prejudiced, LEFTIST LOUD-mouths on most campuses than at most other locations.

Personally I do NOT believe in tenure. - Tenure only protects the mediocrities, the incompetents & the HATE-FILLED bigots of society from the consequences of their actions.

Further, I believe that "making especial rules" for colleges/universities (IF they take any federal/state funds) Is UNJUST, contrary to law AND that the TX legislature made a grave error in allowing any "public accommodation" to restrict 2nd Amendment RIGHTS or to "opt out" of CC. = There should be ONE simple rule of CHL/LTC for EVERYWHERE, except those places that are fully/clearly "private in nature".
    (Anyone KNOW of any TX college that doesn't accept state/federal funds?? - IF they DO, they are a "public accommodation" under federal Civil Rights Laws.)

ImVho, restricting 2nd Amendment RIGHTS on campus is in NO way different than saying that they will restrict the RIGHTS of minority/disabled persons.
    (The hard LEFT simply doesn't understand that denying RIGHTS for one "unfavored group" is NO different than restricting the RIGHTS of any other "unfavored group".)

SORRY, if I sound like a RADICAL, though I am radical on EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL.
    yours, satx

Last edited:

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Hear, hear! Well said, and I do agree, wholeheartedly!

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Top Bottom