Lynx Defense

Is the problem with the US, too much democracy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    A better way would be to give U.S. citizens 1 extra vote for every $1,000 NET they pay to the Government in taxes. You would walk into the polling station with appropriate I.D. and your most recent Income Tax return for federal or state elections and your property tax bill for municipal elections, get X number of ballots or be allowed to cast X number of votes electronically. If you haven't filed, you don't get to vote more than once. The people with the most skin in the game get their voices heard. Veterans automatically get 1 vote for every year of service whether they pay NET taxes or not.
    My system doesn't take anyone's vote away, it simply gives more to those who pay for everyone else's free shit. Shit, lots of Democrats get more than one vote, why can't we?
    Lynx Defense

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I do not think we should ban certain classes of people from voting (takers etc) . We should require Id to vote. We should make the people on welfare , unemployment do a bit of work for their money. Pick up trash along roads. Paint Govt Buildings . Cut those overgrown lots that people always complain about but never do anything about it.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The problem won't be solved with any political action.

It can only be fixed by fixing society. When more people start value self sufficiency and are morally upright the problem will fix itself.

You don't necessarily have to be religious to be moral, but the secularization of our society IS one large driver to its decline.

Again, society vs government - two different things.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow.

Everybody is all about the risks that true freedom entails, unless it applies to elections I guess.

I would rather this country go so far down the drain it requires the reset button than start picking and choosing which citizens can vote.

Pretty slippery slope, and doomed to take us to a place we don't want to go.

What we are doing now isnt working. So...

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The problem won't be solved with any political action.

It can only be fixed by fixing society. When more people start value self sufficiency and are morally upright the problem will fix itself.

You don't necessarily have to be religious to be moral, but the secularization of our society IS one large driver to its decline.

Again, society vs government - two different things.

Absolutely. But as I always point out...when you have a gov hostile to morality and faith, working against both, its not a fair fight.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What we are doing now isnt working. So...

So screw equality?

As I said, I would rather see this country descend in to chaos and force a reset than start basing voting rights or the weight of a vote on anything other than citizenship. Does anyone think cracking that door wouldn't eventually lead to the crosshairs being pointed at another group, and then another?

It's a terrible idea, no matter how many times it is brought up for discussion it will always be a terrible idea. I didn't volunteer my life to protect the rights of some citizens. I did it to protect the rights of all citizens. A law like this could very well put me on the other side of the line.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Agree whole heartedly with the above 2 posts.
    The bull about IDs is just that, if they have welfare, they have one. At least a fake one. You don't get food stamps, medicaid or wick without one unless things changed in the last 20 years.
    Because they don't trust you!!!

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    So, in 2004 when the Dems got spanked hard there was a lot of talk in their circles about how voting needed to be changed. In 2000 they were also talking about how we needed to do away with the Electoral College. Part of me gets it because in both cases they had lost elections they thought were sure wins. Not sure what it was about 2000 they thought was a sure thing. 2004 was to the Dems what 2012 was for the Repubs. Not a surprise to anyone except the losing side. I follow polls and trends, I knew the winner before the election started. 2000 is the only election in my lifetime where the winner was impossible to predict ahead of time.

Aside from the Republicans ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, talking about voting rights just ahead of what looks like a massive victory for 2014 seems odd. Yeah, we all know the Dems cheat. Doesn't mean I want to start screwing with voting rights. All I would say is I am a big believer in Voter ID. It is not denying anyone anything since you have to have some form of ID to be able to get government benefits and proving you are who you say you are just makes good sense. Prevents someone else from voting in my name, which is a big deal to me.

I do think the Electoral College system needs to be reformed big-time. I know the Dems are nervous because in the next census the big states that get them a lot of votes will have shrunk. Traditional "Red States" are growing. Unless they can shift the demographics somehow, they are looking at a generational loss on the near horizon. A voter ID law will foil a lot of their plans. Not just now, but in the future.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So screw equality?

As I said, I would rather see this country descend in to chaos and force a reset than start basing voting rights or the weight of a vote on anything other than citizenship. Does anyone think cracking that door wouldn't eventually lead to the crosshairs being pointed at another group, and then another?

It's a terrible idea, no matter how many times it is brought up for discussion it will always be a terrible idea. I didn't volunteer my life to protect the rights of some citizens. I did it to protect the rights of all citizens. A law like this could very well put me on the other side of the line.

Descend into chaos and force a reset? Thats not how that would work...descend into chaos and someone or some group would grab power.

As for the rest of your reply...that will require a response from my computer.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    First and last part, cool.

The middle is a complete failure of logic.

So the most recent amendment I believe ensured that congress couldnt vote itself a pay raise? But those on welfare can vote themselves a pay raise? Maybe we could set a time limit on it. Somethings got to change and fast. Ideas?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Here's a personal one. I might be unemployed at anytime. If im on unemployment (while im on unemployment) should I be able to vote? Maybe in local elections but possibly not state or federal...

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What modern government has fallen and been restored to its original intent or otherwise rebuilt from the ground up?

Millions of illegal undocumenter people who are going to have millions more kids are being allowed in and will be voting in the next few decades.

Unless we change the rules of the game, the big gov types have stacked the deck.

Suggestions?

Yes I will join in criticizing any limp wristed RINOs but unless we are out there campaigning for, donating to and voting for good candidates then I dont know how we expect to win. Too many on our "general" side are far too complacent.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Descend into chaos and force a reset? Thats not how that would work...descend into chaos and someone or some group would grab power.

As for the rest of your reply...that will require a response from my computer.

We have done it before.

What you are talking about is just another form of oppression, but you are ok with it because you think you will benefit from it.

So what happens when the government becomes wary of the ultra conservatives, the gun owners, vets (probably have PTSD ya know). And damn, some of them vets are probably getting disability for injuries. Small change can remove their voice.

Then there is the REAL fracture that would form. It would push this country closer to another civil war than anything we have seen or thought of. And those who have the backbone to stand by their principles would not be at your side.

If I ever enter another war it will be to protect freedom, not take it away. Saying "nobody has a better plan" does not make a shitty idea a good one.

Besides, at the first hint of such a ridiculous idea gaining traction the libs/dems would have a lock on the elections for decades to come.

I would not vote for anyone who showed even the slightest hint of such an unamerican ideology. Almost makes Obama look sane. We are furious that the dems want to violate our rights, yet some of y'all have the audacity to suggest such a gross violation of the rights of others.

It is wrong. That is all I need to know to make up my mind. It is wrong and goes against everything I stand for and everything I swore to protect.

Top Bottom