• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Of the few guns I've sold, all have been cleaner than I got them from the factory.

As to "if it's clean," I'll never sell it to who ever asks that question. The correct question should have been: "Did you clean that gun after shooting it?"

I always ask for State ID.

Be well.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I had a guy ask me if a car I was selling was stolen. I started to answer, "Stolen? No, it's still in my driveway" before it dawned on me what he was asking. I asked him what would make him think that and he said it was because I blacked out the license plate on the picture I posted. Takes all kinds, I guess.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Tell him the statute of limitations has run its course on anything that gun was involved in... then ask him why he is askin so many damn questions.....then ask him if he is a cop....
    I am sure those questions will help facilitate your sale.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    THAT is something I'd refuse to do - and have done so. It's not necessary or required - and they can either take my money or go hang.

Meh, I did it. I honestly don't really care.

Some people don't want to sell to you without a CHL. Dayum.

Tell him the statute of limitations has run its course on anything that gun was involved in... then ask him why he is askin so many damn questions.....then ask him if he is a cop....
    I am sure those questions will help facilitate your sale.

LOL!

Not a bad idea, since I'm not sure I'd want to sell to anybody that would ask that...

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I was wearing a black t shirt with a yellow smiley on it that says "I'm no longer a danger to society!" on it when I was meeting to buy a large bag of 7.62x39mm ammo... I didn't think about it till I was about a mile away... he is on here but luckily when I pulled up I have met him a few times over the last 17 or so years I've been in Austin.... I just didn't know it was him before I saw him...

crabbys44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Austin
    So I am trying to sell my G22 and I had a potential buyer ask if it was clean. (like has it been used in a crime)

Is this something people normally ask? I have never had this question come up before and never thought to ask it.

thoughts?

Ask him if he needs to be shown how to clean it. What a tool.

dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    I purchased a pistol from my uncle and it wasn't CLEAN. It was stolen in 1975. He had no idea, he had bought it from a coworker back in 1980

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    what do you do if you ask someone if he is a felon or otherwise prohibited form owning a firearm, he says no, you do the dew, and alter find out form another source he is infact prohibited? purely hypothetical here.

:sign0101:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    what do you do if you ask someone if he is a felon or otherwise prohibited form owning a firearm, he says no, you do the dew, and alter find out form another source he is infact prohibited? purely hypothetical here.
    :sign0101:

Unless you have physical proof, nothing - it's hearsay evidence IMO. Now, if I found out that he was, in fact, prohibitted I'd be talking with a cop.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Never been asked that before. Never asked it, either.

People are getting overly paranoid.

My answer honestly would have been "yeah, cleaned and lubed. Why?"
    thats what i thought this thread
    was about, truth be told when i got
    my first pistol when i lived in K.C(nuff said)
    i did ask that question, cause to get
    caught with a case on the weapon,well
    as y"all say ya can beat the rap but ya cant
    beat the ride. But when i moved here
    the people that i have met here are honest.
    Trust but verify

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    As a kid in Chicago, I could have purchased a bushel basket of pistols for $50 each. To a street rat, there are several types of guns available on the "black market". One is "hot" and another is "used." Price depends on the answers to the questions you ask. Obviously, a hot, used gun is worth little. A clean gun is more expensive. To get the truthful answers, you relied on the seller, a guy you grew up with.

Flash

Top Bottom