Venture Surplus ad

It's not class III, does anyone have any experience with these?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    No experience, but I can say that if police or otherwise saw this being fired, you'd have alot of explaining to do. Frankly, it's not really worthwhile in my opinion.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Plus, for the average shooter, full auto is fun for the first hour and then it is just a waste of ammo. Several agencies in my area have full auto weapon, including mine. It was fun the first time out. Now all I see is dollar signs flying out of the barrel. I have no desire to own one.

And as everyone else said....they draw tons of attention.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Owning machine guns are as much as an investment for me as a weapon. I remember when H&K sears were $350.00. I paid $12K for mine. Peeps who invest in them aint worried about sending a few thousand $$$ down range.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Owning machine guns are as much as an investment for me as a weapon. I remember when H&K sears were $350.00. I paid $12K for mine. Peeps who invest in them aint worried about sending a few thousand $$$ down range.

yeah i guess that is a good point. when you drop 12 k for a bit of metal to allow you to go rat-ta-tat-tat whats a few hundred bucks in ammo gonna hurt eh?

heheh...

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    The manufacturer stopped by Abilene Indoor Gun Range, which is the only public place in town to shoot full auto, and did a demo. I wasn't there but the guys told me all about it, and the shop bought 10 of these stocks on the spot. They showed me the letter from the ATF. Those guys are experienced with machine guns and they liked it. I didn't plan on buying one because the indoor range doesn't allow rifle cartridges, and the outdoor range doesn't allow full auto or devices that simulate it. I was concerned that it wouldn't cycle on pistol ammo and I have nowhere to shoot it with rifle ammo. That video says it works with 9mm, which I can afford to blow off every once in a while. If they say it will work with .22, it'll be a no-brainer.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The manufacturer stopped by Abilene Indoor Gun Range, which is the only public place in town to shoot full auto, and did a demo. I wasn't there but the guys told me all about it, and the shop bought 10 of these stocks on the spot. They showed me the letter from the ATF. Those guys are experienced with machine guns and they liked it. I didn't plan on buying one because the indoor range doesn't allow rifle cartridges, and the outdoor range doesn't allow full auto or devices that simulate it. I was concerned that it wouldn't cycle on pistol ammo and I have nowhere to shoot it with rifle ammo. That video says it works with 9mm, which I can afford to blow off every once in a while. If they say it will work with .22, it'll be a no-brainer.

i was jsut loking at .22 conversions and remebered this stock.

i was going toa sk if it would sunction with .22 lr.
    if so i am totally game for one.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ehh...
    i say buy it and who gives a damn if they ban it.
    just don't tell anyone.

even 9mm almost worth it.... someone needs to test this out with some .22 lr

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    News flash: You don't need to drop $300 on a stock to bump fire from the shoulder. Practice and you can do it without. I've done it a couple of times by accident shooting AKs from a bench. Don't get it in tight to the shoulder and stuff can happen.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    ehh...
    i say buy it and who gives a damn if they ban it.
    just don't tell anyone.

even 9mm almost worth it.... someone needs to test this out with some .22 lr

You really think the manufacturer aint going to hand over records to BATFE when they start putting pressure on them? IIRC the Akin's Accelerator owners had to hand over spring sets. Those that did not most likely got a visit from ATF. Sure you can say "I sold it & don't know who to", but if you were ever caught with it there is no doubt that you would be charged with not only illegal possession of a machine gun, but lying to a federal agent.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    As much as I think the present legal system for Class III and the $200 tax stamp are a pain in the rear, and as much as I have enjoyed firing a F/A firearm in the very few times in civilian life since the military days, I have two thoughts. The first being that what is to keep the gangbangers, street thugs and various types of so called zombies from obtaining these bump fire stocks and having the firepower that the majority of decent citizens will not have ? And how long will it be until some Fed egghead in the BATF to arbitrarily decide to change their opinion and declare the bump stock illegal and stop it's manufacture ?

I would love to have one, but I doubt they are here for long to we regular folks & $300 isn't just laying around here anywhere.

Top Bottom