• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you coming to the TGT Austin OC Lunch?

• Total voters

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    Guns scare some people, they just do and these people vote/join special interests groups/lobby, but you are dead right about HOW you present yourself WILL impact how you're perceived - especially by antis - and we're fighting a war of perception.
    You men enjoy your Lunch and Happy New Year.
    best/joe

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    The path to constitutional carry is MORE people OC'ing, not less. The public (and legislators, in particular) need to see that there isn't "blood in the streets" and anarchy everywhere.

That said, the goal is definitely not hot-dogging. No chest rigs on plate carriers, no ultra-tactical laura croft tomb raider double gun setups, no ar-15 pistols in tactical leg holsters.

Normal attire, solid holster, single firearm. IMHO.

Hang on now...that white t-shirt and twin guns could be worn by the right person!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hoji,

Fwiw, one of the ladies here in the cottages plans to wear her great-grandfather's Colt's .45LC Peacemaker & gun-leather that he wore as a SGT of the Ranger Service in the 1890s, on Friday.

yours, satx

Last edited:

LFHenderson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hoji,

I understand that his set of gun-leather is quite "fancy", though I've not seen it. = She once showed me her "great-grand daddy's Colt.".

Carolyn keeps the Colt at her bedside. = Breaking into her house would be "potentially hazardous" to one's health.
    (She once told me that she is "distantly related to Jack Hays", as well. Also, one of her female ancestors is mentioned in the book TRUE WOMEN, as a participant in The Runaway Scrape. = DEEP Texas roots.)

ADDENDA (and off-topic): Speaking of deep roots in TX, when I worked the early voting for the 2012 General Election here in town, one of our Election Officers told me that her earliest Tejano ancestor was a Spanish Corporal who completed his army service, married a local Comanche girl & settled down to farm in what is now Wilson County in 1641.

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom