DK Firearms

Jared jewelers in Hurst, TX now posted 30.06 (No CHL Allowed)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'd imagine the CHL training, however anemic, is every bit as "extensive" as the training for the McGuards employed at Jareds.

Same goes for the background checks.

I refuse to get a CHL, but those of you who do certainly "earn" them.

Nice threat, pal.

Actually an armed security officer in Texas is required to go through a 30 hour course that covers Texas Penal Code, Use of Force, Non-violent Dispute Resolutionand a minimum of 10 hours on the safe use of firearms. There is also a range qualification. I know because I teach the class as a part time job.

That being said, 99% of the CHL holders I know train 100% more than your average commissioned security officer.

The way to deal with a buisness that posts 30.06 is simple. GIVE THEM NO MONEY. THIS INCLUDES GUN SHOWS.
    Guns International

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    This is what I see when I go to the Jared's in Austin...ok, just in my mind, but I still laugh :)

pix2082447640.gif

FlyinFast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Richardson
    Any attempt to bring firearms/weapons or dangerous ordinance will result in arrest by the appropriate authorities and possible prosecution.

Seems like homeboy doesnt get the point of Customer relations.
    What a shame. I spent $8,000 in the Plano one last year. I guess I need to let them know I wont be doing that again.

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    I'm glad to see this.

Thanks for letting me know about Jared's. All this time, I thought I only had their obnoxious commercials to thank for my disdain. NOW, I'll be quite pointed in letting them know why someone else will be getting my business.

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    All of the corporate liability protection aside, one thing is for sure. Businesses properly using the 30.06 sign are basically saying that they have no respect for citizens with CHL's and don't even acknowledge the fact that CHL holders are generally the most law-abiding people around. That's their right, but ultimately it's just more of the same liberal nonsensical thinking that if no one is "allowed" to bring guns in that is somehow supposed to make things safer. Never mind the fact that criminals don't follow the rules.

That is absolutely CORRECT, and PRECISELY why I won't give any 30.06 posted business, one red cent of money.

kingmonkey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Wow...that was the stupidest letter I've ever read. But that's par for the course really. Some people have this belief that most people, once they touch a gun, are consumed with the overwhelming urge to paint the walls with peoples brains. Those that purposely carry them MUST be out to take some heads off! Why else would they have a gun?

I never liked Jared because of their stupid commercials but now I have a better reason to dislike them.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I guess Mr. Miller and Jared's don't realize that the "security personnel" they've employed have targets on their person. These guys will be the first ones gunned down when somebody decides to go in, guns blazing. Who's going to protect the customers and employees then?

Codiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2008
    I wonder if the incident at Bachendorf's in Stonebriar last week got Jared's attention. As I understand it, the first thing they did was take down the security guard and then took whatever they wanted.

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I spent good money and time getting my CHL. To see Jarod undermine my CHL with a 30.06 posted really sucks...

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    Try Haltom's Jewelers. I don't know their company policy, but I know the manager of their Ridglea store (very, very good family friend), and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a problem with CHL.

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Try Haltom's Jewelers. I don't know their company policy, but I know the manager of their Ridglea store (very, very good family friend), and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a problem with CHL.

That's good to know. It's not that I frequent jewelry stores all that much but when I do, I'd like to get some respect.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I spent good money and time getting my CHL. To see Jarod undermine my CHL with a 30.06 posted really sucks...

Oh come on. First, it is their right. Second, it isn't like any of us just hang out in Jared's. If you haven't actually been there to shop and complied with the sign, then nothing has been undermined.

It's not that I frequent jewelry stores all that much...

Few people do besides employees. Most people won't spend more than a few hours of their entire lives in a jewelry store, although some of the very wealthy may spend hundreds of hours looking for their baubles. It is the nature of the business.

Pony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Azle, TX
    Following this post I decided to send an email too. Whilst I don't believe a single voice will change company policy, it will at least make people aware that some law abiding gun owners are taking note of corporate policies and acting accordingly.

Dear Sirs,
    I just wanted to inform you that neither I or my family will be shopping at Jared's following the posting of a 30.06 sign at your Hurst Texas branch.
    As law abiding citizens I feel it is important all citizens can experience a safe environment, whether that is as customers or your employees.
    I believe the posting of the sign does nothing more than inform undesirables that your customers, typically with high value items on their person, will be returning to their vehicles unarmed.

Concealed handgun license holders have gone through extensive background checks to ensure they are legally allowed to possess a concealed firearm.

Whilst I appreciate Jared's reserves the right to prohibit the carrying of firearms on their property, I also reserve the right to take my business elsewhere. Many internet web sites now post a list of anti-gun stores, and a growing number of us are boycotting these stores, and informing others to do so also.

Sincerely,

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Following this post I decided to send an email too. Whilst I don't believe a single voice will change company policy, it will at least make people aware that some law abiding gun owners are taking note of corporate policies and acting accordingly.

Dear Sirs,
    I just wanted to inform you that neither I or my family will be shopping at Jared's following the posting of a 30.06 sign at your Hurst Texas branch.
    As law abiding citizens I feel it is important all citizens can experience a safe environment, whether that is as customers or your employees.
    I believe the posting of the sign does nothing more than inform undesirables that your customers, typically with high value items on their person, will be returning to their vehicles unarmed.

Concealed handgun license holders have gone through extensive background checks to ensure they are legally allowed to possess a concealed firearm.

Whilst I appreciate Jared's reserves the right to prohibit the carrying of firearms on their property, I also reserve the right to take my business elsewhere. Many internet web sites now post a list of anti-gun stores, and a growing number of us are boycotting these stores, and informing others to do so also.

Sincerely,

God bless you for sending that to them!

The way the economy is right now, if they choose to drive away customers and go broke, then good riddance to them!

Austin Cowart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Lumberton Texas
    well

great email im wondering why we all arnt writing them??? seems we are all griping about this but not many of us are trying to do anything about it. Ill be writing mine as soon as I finish tis post.

Cheers
    Austin

Top Bottom