Jared jewelers in Hurst, TX now posted 30.06 (No CHL Allowed)

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by HighVelocity, Apr 21, 2008.

1. HighVelocity

HighVelocity Member

Mar 5, 2008
    DFW, TX
    I took my wife's wedding set in for it's annual inspection/check-up today and was pretty disgusted when I saw the entrance. A legal 30.06 sign. We've been using this store for 10 years, now we're going to go somewhere else. A friend of my wife works there and has always given us great service. I'll go ahead and send the no-guns = no money emails, but I doubt they'll reach anyone that cares.

Several hours later....

Suprisingly, I got a fairly quick response. Not surprisingly, it's the typical sheeple speak.

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hahha, $10 / hr. security guard isn't going to stop someone waltzing in with an AK47.

At least they have the courtesy to post the proper sign.

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
  4. stockFD3S

stockFD3S Active Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    Why does it always have to be an AK-47? :(

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    When is the last time you saw someone with a G3, FAL, or AR knocking off a store? :rofl:

6. stockFD3S

stockFD3S Active Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    I would say North Hollywood but they had an AK-47 too.

7. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Mmmmhmmmm ;)

8. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    While you and I might look at that last sentence in the email reply with eyes rolling and head shaking agreeing that their reason is completely ridiculous, bordering on moronic and stupid, it's their right as a business and they are taking the action prescribed by the law.

It seems a little risky on their part to respond the way they did, but it appears they don't mind letting their feelings be known. It's one of those issues that has emotions running hot on both sides.

9. ducksps

ducksps Active Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Never a legal AK-47

Only one legal NFA fireamrs has ever been used in a crime. The full details are not in current memory beyond the fact it was a police officer. The police officer in question from my memory was under investigation for something.

The last legally transferable AK47 i saw change hands went for 15k dollars and required the full BATFE dance.

I did a quick Google and found this
    http://www.tpgfaq.org/ap1/gfnf34.htm

third paragraph has a quick mention of the incident.

10. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    All of the corporate liability protection aside, one thing is for sure. Businesses properly using the 30.06 sign are basically saying that they have no respect for citizens with CHL's and don't even acknowledge the fact that CHL holders are generally the most law-abiding people around. That's their right, but ultimately it's just more of the same liberal nonsensical thinking that if no one is "allowed" to bring guns in that is somehow supposed to make things safer. Never mind the fact that criminals don't follow the rules.