Capitol Armory ad

Jesse Venture suing Chris Kyle's widow...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Silly me, but where I'm from if you get punched in a bar for talking shit, instead of suing you usually say "yeah, I probably deserved that."

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    He should be utterly ashamed of himself and should just remove himself from the spot light and quietly retreat into his basement with his tinfoil hat to protect him from HAARPs brainwaves while he listens to Alex Jones on the radio and cries over "what could have been" if he had stayed in Hollywood instead of becoming governor. I hope Kyle's wife can get some really smart lawyers that can find a way to counter-sue this jackwagon so much that he's got to turn to kickstarter just to pay the rent.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    He should be utterly ashamed of himself and should just remove himself from the spot light and quietly retreat into his basement with his tinfoil hat to protect him from HAARPs brainwaves while he listens to Alex Jones on the radio and cries over "what could have been" if he had stayed in Hollywood instead of becoming governor. I hope Kyle's wife can get some really smart lawyers that can find a way to counter-sue this jackwagon so much that he's got to turn to kickstarter just to pay the rent.

While he's crying over what could have been, he can cry over the fact that all it would have taken for him to actually become a SEAL would have been for him to volunteer for Vietnam. Instead, he chose the UDT route. Not an easy route, but it wasn't SEALs like he claims.

CmdrHaggis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    McKinney, Collin Co
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Frogmen/UDTs of WWII eventually become the SEAL teams of late-Vietnam to present?

Honest question because I remember reading something along those lines many years ago.

(Doesn't lessen the lack of decency and decorum that Ventura displayed.)

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Not surprising, Ventura is a huge turd and deserved it; but he is crying like a little baby that got spanked (which essentially is what happened)...
    Maybe he was expecting a fake fight and got a real one?

kYMrtOK.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Frogmen/UDTs of WWII eventually become the SEAL teams of late-Vietnam to present?

Honest question because I remember reading something along those lines many years ago.

(Doesn't lessen the lack of decency and decorum that Ventura displayed.)

They're related, and UDT wound up being rolled into the SEALs... after Ventura's time (not long after, actually). But there still is a distinction between SEAL and UDT for the time Ventura was in. Both went through UDT, but SEALs went through some hard core infantry training. They even stayed in the same camp during training, and if Jesse had crossed the line, he'd have been a SEAL.

I won't take away from what UDT did. They were engineers, and anybody who knows will tell you a combat engineer is a badass, but he wasn't a SEAL like he's said he was.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Ok. Let's begin with some history. UDT was WWII and Korea Underwater Demo Teams, ie; beach recon, hydrographics, blowing up obstacles, etc. After Korea, UDT was on the chopping block to be disbanded exactly like Marine Raiders were after WWII. Along comes JFK, and in 1962 the SEAL Teams are born. Since 1962, SEAL/UDT went through the same initial training, all were required to graduate BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL) training. Throughout the 60's and early 70's, SEAL and UDT Teams were seperate, but the same, they had different missions. Much the same today that SEAL and SDV Teams have different missions, but they are still SEALs. Anyway, James Janos (and his brother) were both BUD/S graduates and sent for SQT/follow on training priot to assignment. Since the olderJanos brother (Jan Janos) was already set to be assigned to a SEAL Team, James "Jim" (Jesse Ventura) Janos was assigned to UDT 12. His NEC was 5321 (UDT), not 5326 (SEAL), but he HAD been through and graduated BUD/S. Nowadays when vetting a Team guy, the BUD/S roster is what is gone by, therefore if a graduation is found, automatically designated as a SEAL due to the UDTs being disbanded.

Also, as a side note, Chris wasn't a saint. While BS'ing one night he relayed a story of an attempted car jacking in South Dallas, where he shot two guys while getting gas, and when sheriff's deputies showed up, when they ran his license it told them to contact DOD and that they were to let him walk, and they did. Also, he was called out to Katrina and was tasked with sniping civilians that were carrying weapons and/or threatening LEO's. Both stories are suspect and if I may ad an opinion, bullshit.

Is it possible that Chris may have embellished the facts of whether "Scruff Face" was Jesse Ventura? Yes, it is. Do I think Jesse should let it go? Abso-f**king-lutely. And he has been asked to do so by the SEAL/UDT Association and other groups.

Hope this sheds some light on what's what.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I don't think the suit will go anywhere as Chris is dead and can't defend himself. His wife did nothing and can't be held liable for her dead husband. There was a similar case a few years ago where they sued the heirs to get money and it was thrown out.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I don't think the suit will go anywhere as Chris is dead and can't defend himself. His wife did nothing and can't be held liable for her dead husband. There was a similar case a few years ago where they sued the heirs to get money and it was thrown out.

You may be thinking about Enron's Ken Lay.

His criminal case got abated after his death. However the civil cases continue for compensatory damages (without the punitive damages).

Where this case stands in regard to that, I don't have a clue. Maybe one of the attorneys on here will care to comment.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I know this isn't the popular route, but I'm remaining neutral. Ventura claims he can prove the story was false. Kyle claimed he could prove it was real. I wasn't there and I hope the truth comes out no matter what it is. Kyle's wife isn't responsible for his claims, but she is responsible for his estate. As such she is the only person left to sue. It's an ugly route but clearing his name seems pretty important to Ventura.

If he wins I hope he is satisfied to have the record cleared and leaves her finances alone.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Admittedly I didn't go to the link in the OP.

I just watched Ventura on Piers Morgan. He said Kyle accused him of treason. Also that he is not suing for damages, only to clear his name because he's running for President. He didn't ACTUALLY say he is running but WAY more than implied it.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm no Ventura expert but his politics seemed about the same then as they are now. He got elected as an independent.

Here's a fun hypothetical- who would you rather vote for President- McCain, Romney, or Ventura? Doesn't seem so far-fetched now, does it? :p

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    I'm no Ventura expert but his politics seemed about the same then as they are now. He got elected as an independent.

Here's a fun hypothetical- who would you rather vote for President- McCain, Romney, or Ventura? Doesn't seem so far-fetched now, does it? :p
    Actually, if that shit-show showed up on a ballot, I'd probably cast my 180 gr. ballot at about 2700fps.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He is a fairly big guy.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in a meeting with Kim Jung Un(or however you spell the little bastards name.

I've kinda avoided posting in this thread because I don't know a ton about Ventura other than he was killed by an alien, doesn't have time to bleed but does have time to duck, was a governor, nailed pierce Morgan pretty good in front if a live audience, and pissed off a morning "news" anchor enough to make them walk off the stage.

I don't know if Chris Kyle punched him or not and I don't think anyone else on this forum knows. If he really is only suing to have his name removed from the book and not asking for money I can't say I see a reason to flame him.

Yes, Kyle was a great man from everything I've seen about him and a real hero. He was also a man, and men can embellish a story from time to time. Kinda like that huge fish you caught that gets a little bigger each time the story is told.

Ventura has argues for gun rights every time I've seen him and seems to support freedom. Him and Kyle had a disagreement. Kyle was killed but Ventura's name is still out there and he still disputes the story. It sucks his widow has to deal with it now but that I the nature of things. If I die with outstanding debts or pending lawsuits I would expect that my family would have to deal with them, which is why I have enough life insurance to pay them off(but not too much, don't want LG to have too much incentive for me to have an accident).

Guess my point is, is all this flaming really called for considering we don't really know what happened and due to circumstances the only way Ventura can attempt to get his case heard at this point is through CKs widow?

Top Bottom