Hurley's Gold

Jesse Venture suing Chris Kyle's widow...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    "Here's your sign"........ as Jeff Foxworthy says

tumblr_lsx3v0sb4x1qzbl7f.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    If he really is only suing to have his name removed from the book and not asking for money I can't say I see a reason to flame him.

His name wasn't used in the book, he was referred to as a celebrity called "Scruff Face". Kyle later outed Ventura as Scruff Face while on a book tour. So now that Kyle is dead, what will suing his widow accomplish? Him bringing this lawsuit has brought more light to this questioned event that Ventura is saying questions his honor.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    "Here's your sign" as in that was probably the stupidest thing anyone could post on a public forum. Could easily be interpreted as a threat... unless he was saying he was going to cast his vote for himself... which still makes it a stupid thing to say...

I know the
    "here's your sign thing..."
    but you said
    "as Jeff Foxworthy says"
    ....isn't it Bill Engvall that says that? :rolleyes:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    This should be simple. Either the witnesses say he did or they say he didn't

That's the problem. Both sides claim to have witnesses.

For what it's worth Ventura offered to drop the lawsuit if Kyle publicly admitted the story was fake. Kyle refused. Even afterward Ventura still considered dropping the suit but was talked out of it by the owner of the bar the incident supposedly happened in. The bar owner is a SEAL, instructed Ventura, and thinks Kyle is a fake. I can't say one way or the other but I will say I am extremely doubtful that Ventura ever said the SEALS "Deserved to lose a few" in Iraq as Kyle claims.

Ventura has a right to try to clear his name trough the courts. Sucks that he has to sue a widow to do it but the way I see it, if Ventura really was libeled then they are both victims of Kyle. If not, then Ventura is NEVER going to get his reputation back. Anyone starting to see why it might be important to both of them for this to go forward?

I think everyone forming an opinion on the matter is frankly acting hastily and foolishly. Raise your hand if you were there and saw everything that happened from start to finish. Anyone? Okay, then why don't we reserve judgment until the man has his day in court? I kinda doubt anyone here would just let it slide to have this story told about them repeatedly to the public, especially if it is false.

Last edited:

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    Quote taken from post above.
    Also, as a side note, Chris wasn't a saint. While BS'ing one night he relayed a story of an attempted car jacking in South Dallas, where he shot two guys while getting gas, and when sheriff's deputies showed up, when they ran his license it told them to contact DOD and that they were to let him walk, and they did. Also, he was called out to Katrina and was tasked with sniping civilians that were carrying weapons and/or threatening LEO's. Both stories are suspect and if I may ad an opinion, bullshit.

Is it possible that Chris may have embellished the facts of whether "Scruff Face" was Jesse Ventura? Yes, it is. Do I think Jesse should let it go? Abso-f**king-lutely. And he has been asked to do so by the SEAL/UDT Association and other groups.

Hope this sheds some light on what's what.

He is right chris wasn't a saint and as with a lot of Budweiser wearers probably embellished a little. But for the most part as I knew him he was a good guy.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Top Bottom