• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Just in case some members look in this section and not so much others .....

We are looking for a free or very, VERY cheap car, P/U or anything similar and interesting to shoot a ton of holes in and then blow up with Tannerite. Maybe you have or you know someone that needs a car moved off their lot. The meet is in Gatesville but people are coming in from many directions so please give us a chance to coordinate the hauling with you.

Thanks in advance!

See first post here for more details:

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...le-tgt-range-day-planning-april-5-2014-a.html
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Mine's not quite that bad, but I am going to need to get another car soon.

The Pontiac's about to launch a rod through the block.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    PERFECT! Drive it to Hicksville, give it a going away party and then catch a ride home.

Since that's settled, guess you can lock the thread now. ;)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    PERFECT! Drive it to Hicksville, give it a going away party and then catch a ride home.

Since that's settled, guess you can lock the thread now. ;)

Nah, I'm going to get a different car and put some new bearings in this one so I can sell it to some moron on Craigslist. :p

Dead serious here: Never, EVER buy a car from a mechanic.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Thanks for making me feel like I've been had M. Sage. So, anyone want to buy a car with bad bearings?

(I kid, I kid)

Sorry, don't have anything, but I wish I did.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have an old chinese scooter or two in our back lot I could donate to the cause if you are ever in Austin. I would request some video footage be shared with us though, so we can all enjoy it's demise. You could probably fill the underseat storage with about 30 pounds of it pretty easily.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I have an old chinese scooter or two in our back lot I could donate to the cause if you are ever in Austin. I would request some video footage be shared with us though, so we can all enjoy it's demise. You could probably fill the underseat storage with about 30 pounds of it pretty easily.
    Cool, thanks! There are some coming in from that area so we will see what happens and what can be arranged. 30lbs of Tannerite? Hmmm, not trying to send the scooter into orbit. ;)

Are you kidding on the video? Not only were they taken at the two previous meets but Shotgun Jeremy is engineering a camera case out bullet proof material. LoL Vids may even be better this time than last.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    IF ... and this is a BIG IF ... the old man's project car turns out to be too rusted, I *MIGHT* be able to convince him to donate it. Might. Supposed to check it out this next week during spring break and see how bad the rust is. Being a uni-body, if the rust is too much and in certain places, he doesn't want to put anymore money into it. I'm torn on which way I want it to go ... on one hand, I want to blow up a car ... on the other hand, I want to blow up a car ... on the other other hand, the engine sure does purr good, and in running condition, it would be a blast to drive (inline 6 that just screams oh ya).

So, this is just a long shot, but potentially plausible, IF he's willing to part with what he's put into, IF it's too rusted. I know he'd rather make his money back, if possible, but ... explosions do help decisions. LOL

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hey, WOW! Thanks for the donation! Can you ask your dad to slide by TexMex's and grab the scooters while he's delivering the car to Gatesville, mkay thanks. LoL

Seriously, I understand what you're saying and if by chance he agrees to donate, there's no reason he should not keep a good running engine/tranny or whatever he can use. Let us know as soon as you can please.

Depending on desirability of vehicle, he may be able to salvage the glass and resell it too, I dunno ...

Last edited:

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Nowhere to store things like that, nor uses for them in the foreseeable future, so if it's gone, it's probably going to be as a whole. It's an 82(?) 280ZX. I know that IF it does meet it's demise this way, there should be a couple extra gas tanks to put with it. LOL ... he's been looking for a way to get rid of them. One is the original and rusted, one is good, but needs a little work since whomever pulled it stripped some threads, and the best one is now in the car. We shall see ...

Other factor would be transportation. I've got a truck, but no trailer. Could rent a u-haul car trailer, but if it's blown up, that wouldn't work too well.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I Will also try to have a nikon dslr that takes 1080p video, so that I can mount my 70-200 lens to it. it would be perfect for long range, hi def video

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I'm at the shop from tues-sat, 10a-6pm. We are located at 2300 S lamar blvd #109 in Austin, Texas. You can call me on the shop phone at 512-535-6144 whenever you are ready to pick a few up(just ask for John). If I know when you're coming, I can drain fluids and gas tanks before you arrive. They have lots of great places to cram a can of tannerite, other than the underseat storage. Lots of hollow cavities behind body panels.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Thanks for the info TexMex. If those in your area don't chime in about picking up the scooters soon I will contact them.

Other factor would be transportation. I've got a truck, but no trailer. Could rent a u-haul car trailer, but if it's blown up, that wouldn't work too well.
    Seems jtyler may have a massive old Caddy pimpmobile closer to Gatesville, still waiting on that confirmation.

Push come to shove, I can come get the 280 if donated. Generally speaking, where is it located?

Top Bottom