• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormbringerr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2013
    Austin
    i pretty much stopped watching TV in 2oo3,the main line media are lap dogs and most of the programs are for morons.i switched over to YT and other venues on the web...:loaded:
    Capitol Armory ad

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    It might be noted that few countries in the world require GOVERNMENT permission to marry and in the US it was not until the 19th Century that this raised its very ugly head.
    Can you imagine how few problems would we have today were marriage not the concern of the government(s)...GET THEM OUT!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    It might be noted that few countries in the world require GOVERNMENT permission to marry and in the US it was not until the 19th Century that this raised its very ugly head.
    Can you imagine how few problems would we have today were marriage not the concern of the government(s)...GET THEM OUT!

Exactly. If they have the power to say gay marriage is illegal then they have to the power to say marriages in a church are illegal.

Frankly, government sanctioning of a holy sacrament is laughable...like God needs some license from my local government to exercise His will.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Exactly. If they have the power to say gay marriage is illegal then they have to the power to say marriages in a church are illegal.

Frankly, government sanctioning of a holy sacrament is laughable...like God needs some license from my local government to exercise His will.
    +100 Billion

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Are you willing to forgo the benefits the govt allows for being married? I don't care either way, just asking.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Married families increase social stability.

This alternative that is currently being promoted is nothing but chaos. Why do big corporations and the government want chaos? So they can increase control.

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Married families increase social stability. This alternative that is currently being promoted is nothing but chaos. Why do big corporations and the government want chaos? So they can increase control.
    ...or otherwise exploit the chaos, but yes I agree.

The banner of "inclusion" or "tolerance" or whatever is simply a convenient excuse to further erode stability. So many unwitting pawns and useful idiots out there falling for it.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    State and federal governments encourage marriage and childbearing because more kids equals more taxpaying citizens and this grows the economy. Same sex marriage cannot do this... and adoption doesn't count because those kids are already born. Why should taxpayers give tax incentives to those who aren't producing a future commodity (more taxpayers)?

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

QUOTED for the TRUTH!!!!

What benefits are you refering to. Taxes?
    The tax advantage has all but dissappeared. For many who both work at high paying jobs for them its a loss, not a gain.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Are you willing to forgo the benefits the govt allows for being married? I don't care either way, just asking.

I thought about it but I'm seriously at a loss for any benefit the government provides me as a condition of my marriage.

Taxes aren't a benefit. If marriage wasn't regulated the IRS would either have to take everyone as married at their word or they would have to revise the tax system.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

QFT!

The girlfriend and I have looked into it and there is no benefit. Perhaps if I ever choose to be self employed again we'll get married so that I can be on her heath insurance, but there is no other government allowed benefits.

dude... Don't you get at least a tiny bit queasy when you use the phrase "govt allows"?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    QFT!

The girlfriend and I have looked into it and there is no benefit. Perhaps if I ever choose to be self employed again we'll get married so that I can be on her heath insurance, but there is no other government allowed benefits.

dude... Don't you get at least a tiny bit queasy when you use the phrase "govt allows"?

I thought you were married?

I heard a comedian say "I am married to my former girlfriend" the other day. Very funny.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can claim my wife, who doesn't work, as a dependent. That's about the only "advantage" I can think of and we could get that through civil union AFAIK.

I see no place for gov in marriage, nor does the child tax credit encourage having kids to anyone who works and knows what it costs to raise children. A kid only makes money from the gov for those who don't work and only collect.

Top Bottom