• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I guess it's the world we live in. Appreciate the kind words and insight. Now, at least, I've got time to get the house and property into shape... But dang, couldn't they have waited until after summer? It's 100 degrees out there! And focus on getting the profits going on the FFL to pay the real bills, not just the write off bills.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm retired now, but have picked up several layoff slips in my long career. In industry, they gave us pink slips in our paychecks on Wednesday. On Friday, we were gone.

Yes, that was a CS way to let you go BUT................

I've never been laid off where it failed to work to my advantage! Set your sights high and look for that dream job. This is your opportunity to cut them loose and move UPWARD!

I was looking for a post layoff job and snapped some minds by REFUSING offers that didn't suit me! They thought I was desperate and would take a Low Ball offer. It didn't work that way!

It never failed. I always ended up better off AFTER I got laid off!

I'd wish you "Good Luck" but you don't need luck.....You have skill!

Flash

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    5 years of my life, top ranking performance, and they didn't even have the respect to do it face to face. Speakerphone nonetheless! Cowards!

Guess side business is no longer side business, except it don't cover bills just yet.

Is it weird to be disappointed in the company that let you go, not for actually letting you go (I'm a capitalist, I understand it), but for the way they did it? Is there no honor or integrity left in anything?
    I was let go in May and I was the top selling salesman. Don't let it get you down. Use your experience to be a better you and dominate your job hunt.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    All things happen for a reason. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out what it is but hopefully this will open bigger and better doors for you.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    OH.....Time is important! If you hit a winner and they tell you that they'll let you know, give it a week or so then keep looking! Don't let the A holes hold you up and lose momentum. Keep moving and disregard any who delay.

I had one employer keep me hanging for 7 weeks. I just moved on and that delay caused me zero discomfort! F 'Em!

Don't make the mistake of hand delivering resumes. That will eat time & money. All of this business is conducted by Email or computer application programs, now. It's very unusual to find a company that relies on hard copies or snail mail for employment business.

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom