Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    in my short time here, I have seen more than a few California transplants flame out and get banned on this forum.
    That's true and it hurts my heart every time it happens.

If a refugee registers here (except for the occasional deliberate troll), that means that at least a little of their psyche recognizes that freedom is a good thing, even if they're not consciously aware of that fact and even if it scares them a little. People like that aren't stupid; they can be educated, they can be assimilated into a more free society.

Then things go to Hades for them because the practical, day-to-day application of that mindset runs headlong into the brick wall of their own inbred assumptions, usually in the form of "but the way we did it back home made more sense so why not do it that way here?"

Every one of those bans has been a situation where their attitude couldn't get over the hump required to see things from a broader perspective. Every one was a potential ally lost.

That hurts.

I don't know how to fix that. Maybe transplants should all be required to go through an Appleseed course? I know I'll never turn anyone down who wants me to take them shooting.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That's true and it hurts my heart every time it happens.

If a refugee registers here (except for the occasional deliberate troll), that means that at least a little of their psyche recognizes that freedom is a good thing, even if they're not consciously aware of that fact and even if it scares them a little. People like that aren't stupid; they can be educated, they can be assimilated into a more free society.

Then things go to Hades for them because the practical, day-to-day application of that mindset runs headlong into the brick wall of their own inbred assumptions, usually in the form of "but the way we did it back home made more sense so why not do it that way here?"

Every one of those bans has been a situation where their attitude couldn't get over the hump required to see things from a broader perspective. Every one was a potential ally lost.

That hurts.

I don't know how to fix that. Maybe transplants should all be required to go through an Appleseed course? I know I'll never turn anyone down who wants me to take them shooting.
    Good perspective there Ben. But lets look at another perspective. We have seen them flame out here and go full on stupid, in an internet environment, but seeing how they act here on the forum, leads me to wonder just how they are interacting personally with people in face to face interactions?

I have met some members in person that were transplants from other shit-hole states with a liberal mindset, and have seen that they transitioned to the point of being Texans and enjoying Texas just like native Texans. I have become friends with more than few.

I too hate to see them go down that path that results in you doing what you have to do to insure the integrity of TGT, and I wished there was an answer. But as of now, not sure what that is, but IMO, it's on them to integrate into being a Texan, not try and bring what they left behind to Texas.

Salted

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Corpus Christi
    Can I just say that I've been wanting to do an Appleseed clinic for a very long while? I see they have them regularly in Kerrville, which is about 3 hours from me, and one in New Braunfels towards the end of November that I've been eying. When I was stuck in the PRK, they never had any that were close enough for me to get to on my day off.

I'd be happy to get range time in with anyone willing to go. I'd even sit through a full blown interrogation if it got me more shooting buddies.

Top Bottom