• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I wonder if there are any firearm related stores in Ohio that are looking to try and start or expand online sales?

The support shown in this thread might be something you can link to in a resume or show face to face during an interview. Established relationships and positive reviews online are hard to argue with.

Good luck finding a new home Geri. We're all waiting on the name change and to see where you land next. Not sure how long we can go without seeing some annoying sales ads from you. ;)

Just Geri

Well-Known
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Thanks Guys! Y'all are the best! I will keep ya updated on my status. To be honest, I love the online sales and participation with the forum. There are more gun shops local but I am not sure if anyone is hiring for that, especially with slow sales. Hell, I have held several jobs in my time...from being a regional supervisor at NCR to running a construction company. I have been turned down for jobs because I am "over-qualified". LOL I will just have to look into what is available. I'll be alright. No matter what... I will be here!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Geri - a career change can be challenging, scary, and a HELL of of way to open new opportunities. When I told my day job to KMA 4 years ago, I ramped up my side business that I'd been doing for years, figuring to get enough business to stay out of trouble. Well, it's bloomed beyond my wildest dreams. There's a LOT of opportunity out there for someone willing to get their hands dirty - go for it!!!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I think I've said this a bunch but I started by fixing radios as a sideline to have beer money. When it got up to champagne money and full time it became work and no longer fun.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Best of luck moving forward Geri. Appreciate the help on my orders from you guys over the years.

Just Geri

Well-Known
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Ohio
    I was there today and visited with Roger and he said he was going to ride it out as long as he could. A past employee posted on fb tonight posted that "COPES HAS CLOSED THE DOORS!" I talked to Roger tonight and he said "Not True-It is just as we discussed today". He just couldn't afford the overhead of payroll. So, If you guys need anything from the website, he is there still and has inventory (Going down with the ship, as we put it, after almost 20 years.) Call him and make an offer if you see anything you want? Can't hurt.
    There are No hard feelings between us. Hell, we have camped, hunted, went quad riding, boating, worked through his divorce, current marriage and I have watched his kids grow up. We have laughed and cried and drank some beers and shot a lot of ammo!!! It's all good.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I was there today and visited with Roger and he said he was going to ride it out as long as he could. A past employee posted on fb tonight posted that "COPES HAS CLOSED THE DOORS!" I talked to Roger tonight and he said "Not True-It is just as we discussed today". He just couldn't afford the overhead of payroll. So, If you guys need anything from the website, he is there still and has inventory (Going down with the ship, as we put it, after almost 20 years.) Call him and make an offer if you see anything you want? Can't hurt.
    There are No hard feelings between us. Hell, we have camped, hunted, went quad riding, boating, worked through his divorce, current marriage and I have watched his kids grow up. We have laughed and cried and drank some beers and shot a lot of ammo!!! It's all good.
    Glad you have such a positive attitude about it.

Hope he can keep it going and build it back up.

Just Geri

Well-Known
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ok Gang. I just figured out how to get ya on my cell phone. Not sure how it works but will try to stay in touch. At the lake remodeling my little house. Have had all the necessary components but not the time. Maybe now, is the time! Had Philly Cheese Steak and now Having a cold Miller Lite and a shower before bed. Will try to get back with some jokes/humor soon. Miss y'all!

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Ok Gang. I just figured out how to get ya on my cell phone. Not sure how it works but will try to stay in touch. At the lake remodeling my little house. Have had all the necessary components but not the time. Maybe now, is the time! Had Philly Cheese Steak and now Having a cold Miller Lite and a shower before bed. Will try to get back with some jokes/humor soon. Miss y'all!

Thanks for checking in, Geri. Hope the remodel goes well and see you soon. :)

Top Bottom