Just when it looked like we made some headway

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by navyguy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    How can seemingly intelligent people be so ignorant.

Judge Blocks Rule Permitting Concealed Guns In U.S. Parks

washingtonpost.com

2. res1b3uq

res1b3uq Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    The idea that one judge can stop an action involving the entire United States is, and always has been, a bunch of crap. All they have to do is keep looking until they find that one judge-------

3. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This is the direct result of people mistakenly calling the Constitution a "living document". By living, what they really mean is that what is allowed and what isn't is a flavor of the moment thing determined by the most current court rulings, which is just pure and utter BS plain and simple. A civil right is a civil right is a civil right and no progression of time will ever change that.

4. Code3GT

Code3GT Active Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Austin

well said, sir :texas:

5. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    You can add the "National Parks Conservation Association" to the list of anti gun people who will never receive a penny from me if I can help it. . . . Concealed carry and poaching. . . .right. That makes sense.

6. The Constitution being a living document is like being able to change the rules in the middle of a poker game after the hand has been dealt its utter BS and it's insulting that the gov. thinks we are that stupid

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6

7. Old Man of the Mountain

Old Man of the Mountain Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    The Washington Government is in breach of contract with Texas and every other state.

That breach has rendered the Union null and void.

Our patriotic ancestors left that union with good reason and never rejoined.

It is time we demand our independence from the Federal Mafia!

If we do not, then what sort of a future are we condemning our children to?

[​IMG]

8. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hah, "environmental impact". What impact can people carrying concealed handguns have!? This is what happens when you take common sense out of the equation. Laws requiring extensive environmental impact studies when common sense tells us that there will be none are asinine.

I can't remember the last time I was in a National Park, but I certainly won't go without a handgun. I love backpacking, but I won't go on a backpacking trip without a gun. It's just asking for trouble to do it. I've been in places where help was as far as a couple of days away. Getting word out would have taken at least a day and a half...

9. I'm all for Texas leaving the US just as soon as I'm back in her loving borders.

10. GPtwins

GPtwins Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    I actually changed my vacation plans for this year. I was going to visit one of our national parks but decided that a Texas State Park is in order instead. Funny thing is, they are right next to each other. Can you guess which one?